Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No link? Figures.. Just more liberals making up garbage..
When you figure how to link to a person, let me know. You might even be able to patent that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
What is there, 1 person taking petitions?
Yeah. That's generally how it works.

Quote:
You'd think with all of those pretend lines you are claiming there would be more than a lousy 50-60K signatures...
Nonsense.

That's about 3,700 signatures a day. It is a huge number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 04:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
When you figure how to link to a person, let me know. You might even be able to patent that.
That wasnt your claim.. Shall we review?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Where are the rest of your 1.1 million people?
Quote:
Standing in line at the grocery stores waiting to get a chance to sign.
Quote:
Yeah. That's generally how it works.
Actually thats not how it works, especially with 1.1M individuals according to you, "standing in line"..
Quote:
Nonsense.

That's about 3,700 signatures a day. It is a huge number.
Thats hardly a large number.. One person can do 1-200 signatures a day easily, especially if they are all standing in line waiting to sign..

That works out to about 20-30 people gathering signatures in the WHOLE state? Haha.. ooh I bet Republicans are scared now!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
So funny so many non-Wisconsin people here are so pro-Walker. Not their fight. Must be getting paid per post.

The real Wisconsin people are plenty ticked off.

Once again, for the ten-thousandth time for people who REFUSE to recognize the obvious, Walker's autocratic, heavy-handed, deceptive approach is what people are so INFURIATED about. It is not "greedy" public employees.

It IS Walker's vendetta to destroy unions. It was always about the unions. Always. He tried to hide his agenda by saying it was fiscal, but when he couldn't do it that way, he put the issue in a bill that was NONFISCAL so he could achieve his goal - BREAK THE UNION - thereby proving he was lying all along. It was NEVER a fiscal issue.

I am not pro-union or against - but I am AGAINST Walker's roughshod obdurate refusal to listen to anyone. That is scary and it scares most Wisconsin voters.

Walker believes he is NOT answerable to the voters - especially if what the voters want - and most of them - at least 60% - disagree with him right now - is not what HE wants.

Someone has called him Governor Liar. I think that is an appropriate description. We can't get rid of him fast enough.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Another 2 are vulnerable. ( Only 3 wins needed to gain control of Senate )

Three WI Republicans Trail In Recall Election Against Generic Dems | TPMDC

It's a fine day to kick out a right winger! Donate here ActBlue — Recall the WI Republican 8
Talking points memo.... Pffffffffffffffft!

First thing they need to do is gain 25% of the valid signatures which is going to be hard to do.

But that is the easy part.

Next thing is to actually win in an election where people vote. If I worked for TPM Machinery as a union worker of course I would sign the petition but what I do in the voting booth is my business.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Talking points memo.... Pffffffffffffffft!

First thing they need to do is gain 25% of the valid signatures which is going to be hard to do.

But that is the easy part.

Next thing is to actually win in an election where people vote. If I worked for TPM Machinery as a union worker of course I would sign the petition but what I do in the voting booth is my business.
You should maybe read the thread. They already have half the signatures needed, in 15 days...45 days left to get the other half.

So it's actually NOT HARD TO DO.

Then comes the poll which already show 3 losing and 2 close to losing...Liberal groups will donate Millions to help fund these races.

Ain't Democracy great?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You should maybe read the thread. They already have half the signatures needed, in 15 days...45 days left to get the other half.

So it's actually NOT HARD TO DO.
I am willing to guess 33% are invalid.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That wasnt your claim.. Shall we review?
No. That wasn't my claim. That was my source.

Quote:
Actually thats not how it works, especially with 1.1M individuals according to you, "standing in line".
Actually, you are wrong yet again. It is exactly how it works. Signatures for petitions are generally collected by stationing the collector in front of a high traffic venue like a grocery store. Usually, you don't get lines though.

Quote:
Thats hardly a large number.. One person can do 1-200 signatures a day easily, especially if they are all standing in line waiting to sign.
It appears that you've never been involved in a petition drive. First you figure out the number of signatures you need, you adjust for a certain percentage that will be tossed out, and then you build and field the team to go collect them.

So in the case of Wisconsin they need roughly 125,000 good signatures. Figure 10% get kicked out, that bumps up to about 138,000 signatures.

With 60 days to collect, they need 2300 signatures a day. While one person can collect 100-200 signatures a day, the pragmatic planning figure is actually closer to 75. So the entire signature collection team needs to be about 30 people.

In the case of Wisconsin, they appear to be collecting signatures at about 2 times the rate they need. Sounds to me like a very successful program so far.

Quote:
That works out to about 20-30 people gathering signatures in the WHOLE state? Haha.. ooh I bet Republicans are scared now!!!
Given the number of signatures they need to collect to force the recalls, that actually sounds pretty much exactly right. Who knew the collections would go so much faster than they planned?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Well... your "guess" is just as good as... your guess.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Wow...............[yawn]

Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Putting the chicken before the egg really. Get somehting on the ballot is much easier than getting it passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies