Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
If this act passed, it would classify a new life from the exact moment of initial splitting during fertilization and give the rights and protections to unborn babies. This act would also outlaw abortion in all cases except to save the mother's life.

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...f/HB01109I.pdf

Texas considers bill to ban abortion (OneNewsNow.com)
Never make past the courts, just more grand-standing by the right, waste of time and money, which is not a Conservative thing to be doing in todays situation.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Never make past the courts, just more grand-standing by the right, waste of time and money, which is not a Conservative thing to be doing in todays situation.
Casper
Obama doesn't mind ignoring the courts and the law, so the states might as well do the same in defense of the right to life.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
If this act passed, it would classify a new life from the exact moment of initial splitting during fertilization and give the rights and protections to unborn babies. This act would also outlaw abortion in all cases except to save the mother's life.

I'm staring at Texan neglect of childhood poverty (reaching epidemic proportions) and see they intend to actively promote more of it & reap the harvest of ignorant masses stuck in perpetual cycles of poverty. Cheap labor from Guatamala isn't nearly enough to undercut American labor, particularly if the door for illegal immigration gets closed.

Please note the speech to Evangelical young republicans given by Tom Delay. It's very telling where the Evangelical movement is at in relation to actual Christianity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs

Q: Why is satanism passing for Christianity in conservative camp? What's more why haven't conservative Christians confronted them?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM

538 posts, read 732,091 times
Quote:

I say we suck the fetus out, and inject it into whomever is in favor of passing this bill. Y'all can take turns. You want to have control over the fetus, well, you've got it. YOU carry it inside of your body and give birth to it 9 months later. And, YOU, also will bear the financial responsibility for the next 20 years.

You CANNOT have control over women's bodies and women's choices of what they do with their bodies. We are not breeding factories to be dictated. The absolute gall of some people to think they should be able to dictate another person's life...to tell that person that you will go through the pain and suffering and risk of childbirth...that you will have this baby and have financial responsibility for the next 20 years...dictating that you will do all of this even if you were raped...is simply beyond my comprehension.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Things like this are just meant to stir up the crazies.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
This bill will definitely create jobs

Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebiskebowski View Post
That sounds good unless you remember you engaged in consensual sex and thereby agree to all consequences of the consensual sex. I tell you what, if you do not want to get pregnant, do not engage inb the one activity that makes you pregnant.
And what about rape??

Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM

513 posts, read 580,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
I say we suck the fetus out, and inject it into whomever is in favor of passing this bill. Y'all can take turns. You want to have control over the fetus, well, you've got it. YOU carry it inside of your body and give birth to it 9 months later. And, YOU, also will bear the financial responsibility for the next 20 years.

You CANNOT have control over women's bodies and women's choices of what they do with their bodies. We are not breeding factories to be dictated. The absolute gall of some people to think they should be able to dictate another person's life...to tell that person that you will go through the pain and suffering and risk of childbirth...that you will have this baby and have financial responsibility for the next 20 years...dictating that you will do all of this even if you were raped...is simply beyond my comprehension.
Were you not in control of your body when you decided to fornicate? I love how liberal gals are always like "it's my body, it's my body". Well if it's your body when you want to suck a baby out with a vacuum cleaner, then it's also your body when you fornicate. Fornication often leads to pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't fornicate, simple as that.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Were you not in control of your body when you decided to fornicate? I love how liberal gals are always like "it's my body, it's my body". Well if it's your body when you want to suck a baby out with a vacuum cleaner, then it's also your body when you fornicate. Fornication often leads to pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't fornicate, simple as that.
Telling people not to have sex is like telling someone to eat nothing but rice cakes and vitamin pills.

Yeah, you'll survive, but its not living.

Accidents happen with birth control. Even the morning after pill would be ruled illegal under this law, as it prevents the fertilized egg from attaching to the womb wall, which is the point in which a pregnancy becomes even remotely viable.

75% of fertilized eggs pass through the womb without ever attaching, and are passed through the womans monthly cycle.

The death rate in Texas (if passed, not likely), would go up by 75%.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
I see so many abortion threads on american forums and I must say I don't understand this.

The thing is, whether you agree or not with abortion, that women have always had abortions and always will, be it legal or not, and in roughly the same numbers. Every stats prove that.

Nearly every modern society has agreed on that and therefore has decided that it is better for these women to do it in a safe environnement and not die from it, or become barren (if you love babies so much, that's a good argument). Plus it helps promote contraception (which doesn't always work, even if rarely).

Tomorrow, if abortion is outlawed, it won't change much in terms of stats, just many more deaths and injuries. Not counting the fact that's it's unjust. Rich people can always fly away to a country where it is legal. And not counting this other fact : it's encouraging a "black market" of abortion. Is that what anti-abortion people really want? I wonder.

(by the way, I'm very pro-choice, even if I believe that it's, for the vast majority of women, a difficult decision to take, but I just wanted to keep my argument rational, devoid of emotionnal debating)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies