Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM

33 posts, read 82,223 times

Advertisements

LEGALIZE PROSTITUTION IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, TAKE ACTION, STOP TALKING, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

That's right, I am on a soap box because well, I am an educated single male with a healthy fear of STDs! Yes that's right, STDs are my fear so I want a prostitute.

WHOA! but they carry disease right?

Perhaps you need to take 5 minutes one of these days to find out how the world works and how diseases are spread. I will start by saying that with a prostitute you can set the rules on what KIND of contact occurs.

If it were legal and regulated we could match like with like, have ID cards and regular testing. Nevada has had 0 cases of HIV since they began legal brothels from the act of engaging in their legal form of prostitution.

STDs and how they are spread

Mutual Masturbation:
Carries only the slightest risk for herpes, nothing else, and the herpes is called whitlow and is usually only on the hand not the genitals.

Oral Sex: Involves bodily fluids and therefore has a low risk of transmitting STDs like HIV and some forms of Hepatitis and HSV 1 (cold sore herpes that most people have, can spread to genitals but you probably have this already since childhood). Most of these are a risk when you kiss as well, so just consider the fact that almost all non prostitution related engagements that end in sexual encounters require a kiss and the exchange of saliva and therefore a risk, an unnecessary one.

Vaginal sex: Much higher risk of STDs both skin to skin like herpes and warts as well as those transmitted through secretions. This is usually expected from girls long before they will simply take care of a man through a hand job, also if you feel edgy about this a lot of girls worry YOU have something, thus endangering single men when they have a need that must be pursued immediately.

Anal Sex: Worst risk for HIV and some forms of Hepatitis. Not really a concern for the casual sex seeker however as women are less likely to ask for this, however if we are talking about homosexual encounters then of course this is probably mandatory as well.

Mammary Jobs: (lol how else do you nicely describe this) Well there is no really nice way to say it but they carry no risk.

So what if I am a single man, who doesn't want to marry the first girl who comes along, doesn't want to break girls hearts meaninglessly by playing them and I need sex regularly? What do I do? Risk my life?

Well I am that man, I know there are more like me too. I bet some women think this will reduce the control they have over men using sex, this is true. Well maybe, then again maybe not.

So other than the single guys like myself let's think of why this would be better for the entire world as a whole.

It depends on how we go about this, if we just legalize it and let pimps and hoes run about then sure we will have HIV galore, human trafficking, you name it. Let's regulate this! I am no fan of big government but we spend millions trying to stop people from getting a little action in asian massage parlors. Why can't we just tax them and use some of the money on testing them, licensing them by STD type or by those who have none, yes that means people WITH STDs have options too! Like stays with like and nothing spreads due to testing requirements and strong safe sex measures.

How would this save lives?

Guys would never need to sleep around spreading STDs, they would simply get what they need and live their lives in peace. This could be done for women as well, now I know women typically have different needs but its a start.

Whats the end result, seriously

Less STDs, more taxpayer money, more jobs, less prison space used, less heartache for single women as men don't need to play them, just good for everyone except the puritanical Judaic-Christian-Muslim moralists. Well guess what? We don't live in a theocratic nation, we live in a non-biased religiously free democratic republic, actually you can argue the technical label that we fall under all you want, I don't claim to be an expert but I know one thing, we MUST change this nonsensical ideology.

Why is sex so hated in the first place? Imagine ancient societies, they see promiscuity and they assume God is angry when they find growths and illness sprouting from people as a result. Scientifically it is just that these acts of intimacy are some of the most heavy chemical exchanges two humans will ever do. You have to understand that this was not God's rage, but simply the normal spread of disease which was misinterpreted by ignorant people.

I know I can't convince those of you who are religious, and I don't want to. I want to be left alone in my choice to freely practice my sexual lifestyle. I want to allow all Americans, especially Texans that right. If not, how do we live in a free country? I know that a lot of moralists will never understand and will literally hate my desire to see this come to fruition, but I think we are fortunate to live in an age where it is possible to rally support behind this change in legislation and I hope we can for the sake of many innocent lives and the personal happiness of many as well.

Last edited by Bo; 03-16-2011 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Moved from Texas forum and updated title. See my post #25 for explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 04:50 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,269,231 times
Are STDs lower in Nevada -- where this is legal -- than other states?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:57 PM

It varies by the STD. However it is also not legal in the entire state of Nevada but in select rural counties.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
It varies by the STD. However it is also not legal in the entire state of Nevada but in select rural counties.
So what support do you have that this would decrease the number of STDs?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM

I should have emphasized I don't support street walking, I seriously only mean via regulation. The fact that the brothels in Nevada have never produced a single case of HIV being spread in their several decade old history proves well enough that it would NOT be substantial through prostitution.

I don't have the figures handy, I can provide them given more time but use some common sense. Logically if no street walkers are roaming about and people are regularly monitored, and if people don't have to engage in casual sex regularly because of necessity, how then could they spread from that means? Well hardly at all period if people used some sense.

Can you explain to me why it is illegal?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times
Legalizing prostitution just makes an area look cheap and ghetto. Allowing hookers to walk around in revealing clothes looking for sex, why would someone want that?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Ok. I'll wait.

I don't think your idea is plausible. It appears that even in jurisdictions that have legalized prostitution, there is still an illegal market for sex. In Nevada, in the counties where prostitution is outlawed, it seems to be pretty prevalent.

Also, look at prescription medicine. Even though prescription medicine is highly regulated, there is an immense black market for those drugs. I don't see why prostitution would be any different. It seems like there would also be a black market for sex as well.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Legalizing prostitution just makes an area look cheap and ghetto. Allowing hookers to walk around in revealing clothes looking for sex, why would someone want that?
First of all, we have other problems causing our neighborhoods to look cheap and ghetto that go much further than prostitution. Second, brothels are contained inside of buildings and there is zoning that could be enforced for the people who are fearful of poor influences on family life and neighborhoods.

There are far greater concerns than housing to be considered here. I want you to think for a second, not about the single men who need to ease their libido related issues but instead about the women who are hurt as a result of it.

When a single man who doesn't feel ready for marriage goes out looking for a girl, if he has an active drive he will just want sex. Women don't respond well to "Just Sex" except for, well, a small percentage who sleep around a lot more frequently. In order for the man to protect himself from the "easy" ones he has to go after relationship driven girls and lie to them about wanting more than simply sex. In the end the man backs out and the girl cries for days.

No big deal right?
Well, the thing is that this has to happen quite frequently for younger guys and the other solution is to sleep with the shady girl, full contact with body fluids and all. Otherwise the guy could simply drop by a brothel, get a hand job and move on with absolutely no risk to him whatsoever really.

What stands in the way?

The population that just can't seem to let people make this decision for themselves.

More Tax Money Means Nicer Looking Areas... We all want that.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
Ok. I'll wait.

I don't think your idea is plausible. It appears that even in jurisdictions that have legalized prostitution, there is still an illegal market for sex. In Nevada, in the counties where prostitution is outlawed, it seems to be pretty prevalent.

Also, look at prescription medicine. Even though prescription medicine is highly regulated, there is an immense black market for those drugs. I don't see why prostitution would be any different. It seems like there would also be a black market for sex as well.
Excuses, you know there is a big difference between narcotics and hoes my friend you just want to make up reasons.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM

714 posts, read 2,932,493 times
I guess some people can't find a date and need to rent one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies