Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM

391 posts, read 513,623 times

Advertisements

I'll quote from the "Birdcage"

Albert: [discussing abortion] Oh, I know what you're going to say. "If you kill the mother, the fetus dies, too." But the fetus is going to be aborted anyway, so why not let it go down with the ship?

I love the comedy that the poost called for.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I claim bs on this.
Find some credible study....

There are other studies that say the opposite.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Somehow I doubt this study has any real substance. It could be argued that the women most likely in a situation to where they would consider an abortion are the types who have a habit of making bad life decisions.

Point being, I'd wager that being perpetually stupid with your actions and a lifetime of failure is probably a bigger catalyst to suicide than an abortion.

Have a link to your study?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Smoking increase you risk of lung cancer, emphysema and heart disease by how much?

And we still let people smoke.

Being overweight increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and numerous diseases by how much.

Yet we haven't outlawed foods high in fat with little nutritional value.

There was just a study release last week that people that live in cities with higher levels of air pollution have a much higher risk of heart disease.

Yet not nobody is screaming we should do anything about this.

If I talk on a cell phone while driving I increase my chances of having an accident by at least 400% even with a hands free device.

I don't see many people calling for totally outlawing using cell phones when driving.

Now what's you point?

A woman in this country has the right to choose if she wants to have an abortion.

So we should restrict who can get one like we do tobacco?

Is Michell Obama going to launch a campaign against Abortion?

No one is doing anything about air pollution?

This auto mechanic is gonna call you on that one.

I do agree people do stupid things and stupid people all the more.

We enact laws to protect the rest of us from those stupid people.

Smoking indoors is restricted, or totally prohibited. Smoke in violation of this law and you'll get a fine.

Nutritional information is provided on food packaging and restaurant websites. Can't sell a can of peas unless we all know how many grams of sodium are in each and every serving.

You're vehicle has evaporative and exhaust emissions controls systems. Disable any one of its many components and you'll get a $10,000 fine from the EPA.

In most states, talking/texting while driving is illegal. Get caught, you'll get a ticket.

Yet, for all that, a woman may destroy her healthy, vibrant and growing child as a matter of convenience without any meaningful restrictions.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:09 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
If there is any substance to this I'd probably look at the lives that the women led, rather than just the fact that they had an abortion. It's the things that happened to them before they got to that point that may have real merit.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ack!!!!!
Stop making sense!!!!!!
Neither one of you appear to have a good command of statistics.

ACK!!!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ten year old data? I can probably find a study that says women who had another common link also are a few percentage points more likely to commit suicide.

some women do feel guilty for an abortion, others do not. simple as that
Why do we have to debunk this drivel every few weeks?

I'mNotSorry.net • Celebrating the right to choose

Old 03-16-2011, 05:01 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yet, for all that, a woman may destroy her healthy, vibrant and growing child as a matter of convenience without any meaningful restrictions.
Nobody says you have to agree with the decision but it's a woman's decison to make.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
A cousin of mine had an abortion about 25 years ago.

She started having regrets the next summer as she walked past a playground and saw the toddlers playing.

She says that not a day goes by that she doesn't regret her decision, since the abortion caused complications that caused her not to be able to have children.

I feel bad for her, since her three siblings all have 3+ children and are grandparents now.

The abortionists never want to discuss the unforeseen consequences of killing a child.

Some choice, huh?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Nobody says you have to agree with the decision but it's a woman's decison to make.
Who speaks for the child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies