Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times

Advertisements

Damn right. United States ≠ United Nations. These may have been unofficially interchangeable terms in the past, but no more (at least until another warmonger takes the oval office). We don't ever need to become isolationist and I hope we never do, so as a counterbalance we simply need to make neutralism the foundation of our foreign policy. It's high time for the Arab world, the EU, NATO and everyone else to stand on their own two feet and clean their own house. They've talked the talk, now they need to walk the walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Quite true. However, I would rather be screamed at for staying out of a war than for getting into one.

France, the UK, and Italy together could muster the planes needed for a No-Fly Zone. There are more than a dozen other countries in Europe that could contribute a plane or two. Not to mention the Egyptian and Saudi airforces.

It this is so dire, then they should get on with it.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I could have sworn obama said we were going to intervene and protect the protesters. Maybe after Moahmar gets done with them, huh?
Just out of interest, are you in favor of US military intervention in Libya?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I totally agree!

Everybody wants the U.S. to intervene in every issue around the World . . .
. . . until we actually do. Then we're bullies and warmongers.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
He was a terrorist in the 80's
The he was a good guy, a bit on the rogue side, but oh hell, he was selling oil and gas, so his sins were forgiven
When his own people began the revolution against his regime, the West sided with the rebels
After weeks of intense battles, and when the tide turned and he began seizing more and more cities, the very same who where supporting the uprising are now turning their heads.

After Gadafi conquers all the rebel cities, he will begin to slaughter those who dared to oppose him, and once it happens, he will be back as a friend to Europe and the USA.
Gaddafi is a friend to Obama's buddies Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakahn. Obama will do nothing of substance unless/until pushed by the U.N. .

Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Gaddafi is a friend to Obama's buddies Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakahn. Obama will do nothing of substance unless/until pushed by the U.N. .
So what do you think he should do? Implement a no-fly zone policed by US warplanes? Put US troops ashore to support the rebels? Full scale invasion to oust Gaddafi?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:38 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
He was a terrorist in the 80's
The he was a good guy, a bit on the rogue side, but oh hell, he was selling oil and gas, so his sins were forgiven
When his own people began the revolution against his regime, the West sided with the rebels
After weeks of intense battles, and when the tide turned and he began seizing more and more cities, the very same who where supporting the uprising are now turning their heads.

After Gadafi conquers all the rebel cities, he will begin to slaughter those who dared to oppose him, and once it happens, he will be back as a friend to Europe and the USA.
Every western intervention in internal issues is bad and we'll be blamed (yet again) for everything. Let Libyans, Somalis, Iraqis, Afghans, etc, etc. solve their own issues. Why don't you expect China (or India) which are wealthy to intervene? Besides, who should we support? Who are the so called "rebels" and what makes them legitimate or "peoples will" rulers? I don't see a serious alternative for ruling Libya emerging.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I noticed too, that while some of the other arab despots called for a no-fly zone none of them are actually doing a no-fly zone.
God you missed a great opportunity. Can I suggest:

The only no-fly zone that I've noticed is the one that the Arab League is enforcing on their own air forces.

Better yes?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Just out of interest, are you in favor of US military intervention in Libya?
Allow me to answer. It all depends. If Obama is for it, sanrene is against it. If Obama is against it, sanrene is for it.

Its actually quite simple.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Allow me to answer. It all depends. If Obama is for it, sanrene is against it. If Obama is against it, sanrene is for it.

Its actually quite simple.
better than having to think things through, probably good at playing wack-a-mole. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies