Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times

Advertisements

To the OP (and any other young Black people who feel the same),

You really need to dig down deep and find an inner strength, an inner truth about yourself that will carry you over and above the negativity that you will face for a lifetime. Trust that you know who you are and what you stand for.

There will always be someone who doesn't like you no matter what you do or what you accomplish in life (just ask President Barack Obama or Michael Steele) Sometimes the hatred that you feel may have absolutely nothing to do with you as an individual but the ideologies that someone was raised with in their lives.

At the end of the day, you need to educate yourself about who you are, who your people are, the greatestness from which you have sprung, the sacrifices that have been made on your behalf by your ancestors, the insults and injuries endured by previous generations....all of which was done to give you access to the choices that avail themselves to you in today's world.

Know your self and stand for something or else you will fall for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 AM

639 posts, read 1,289,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Go watch a couple episodes of COPS, then get back to me.
Cops is about criminals, and the majority of the people they arrest on those shows are not black, but white. Cops is filmed mostly in majority white or Hispanic cities also.

There are dozens of black sitcoms about successful black families, there are cartoons with black characters, every city in the US has multiple news anchors that are black, and there are even TV shows that come on regularly that celebrate the achievements of successful white collar blacks, along with black businessmen that give tips on how to over achieve.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 AM

639 posts, read 1,289,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I really think this argument is not as commonplace as many think. I grew up in the projects...there were many drug-dealers, thieves, addicts, etc. NOT ONE of them that I knew blamed their ills on how blacks had it as slaves. I just don't hear (and didn't hear) many blacks saying "Well, I'm doing bad because of slavery". They may say because of racism (which may or may not be true) or they may say something along the lines of the OP where they feel whites don't like them so they adopt an "eff them" attitude.

Do Jews use the Holocaust to blame current day whites or play the victim? This is almost never the assumption when the topic of their suffering is brought up, but it's almost sure to come up when slavery is discussed. It gets tiring.
You just proved your point that blacks use whites as a scapegoat for there problems. Racism cannot force you to sell or use drugs, and white people not accepting you does not create a drug dealer. For the most part anyway these things in modern times only exist in there minds.

Poor blacks have more oppurtunity to succeed in 2011 than poor people of any other race. People will hire you just to fill quotas, you can choose to go to nicer schools than your local one to help them fill quotas, you can go to college for free even if you almost flunked out and have a criminal record, and if you decide to open a business you get free money and better loans to help you start out just for being black.

For poor whites none of those things are a reality and I have never heard a poor white say that racism or discrimination is why they can't get a job or have to sell drugs. I really do know about racism, sexism, and discrimination. I have been beat up and attacked for being white, I have been ridiculed and shunned in my own community cause of my race. I was not allowed to join the Boys & Girls club as a child because I am white.
I was bussed to another school district in elementary and middle school 30 miles away because they desperately needed white students and it was the worst school in the metro while my black friends in my hood walked across the street to go to school or were bussed to some of the best schools in the country. I have been fired from 2 jobs in my lifetime. One job I was fired because I am a white man, the other specifically because I am white. But I don't sell dope or shoot people and blame haters for my problems, I keep it moving because I realize that discrimination is a reality for all people and alot of folks got it much worse than me.

When slavery comes up blacks blame whites for there failures currently. When the Holocaust comes up Jews say it just made us stronger and smarter and we overcame. That's the major difference.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Why?

No one cares about us.
Care about yourself first.

[all else will follow]

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 AM

334 posts, read 188,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Care about yourself first.

[all else will follow]
Nobody cares about anybody anymore. It's all about what's in it for me. That's all races.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Nobody cares about anybody anymore. It's all about what's in it for me. That's all races.
Perhaps. But launching on a violin solo is not helping.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:43 AM

504 posts, read 456,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And you are at the head of the class.

Young Blood, who the **** told you that being a black man in America was going to easy? Grow the **** up and grow yourself some testicles.

You think life is hard now? Then you need to take a walk back when I was a kid, back when my father was a young man, or better yet when my grandfather and my great great uncle organized one of the first black railroad unions in the South, a time when they were shooting black off the trains they worked on. The MEN in my family spoke well, and dressed even better and they didn't give a damn what white folks said one way or another.

Maybe that is the problem, you young folks are just plain scared of white folks, you are too scared to confront them on their own turf, to show them like Malcolm did, that he could command the King's language better than they could, sending racist to the library looking for the Redneck to English translation. That's what bold brothers like Nat Turner, W.E.B. Dubois Paul Robeson, James Baldwin, Franz Fanon, and Nelson Mandela did, they didn't scared white folks with some bull**** hip-hop swagger, they scared the **** of them with the power of their intellect. White folks couldn't ignore them, white folks had to reckon with with them.

You don't want to be ignored, you don't want to be dismissed, then you don't threaten white folks with street crime, you threaten them with your mind.

Preach preach. The ignorant are a minority amongst us the apologist's are a minority amongst us the uncle toms and the criminals (I group em together) are the minority----------------THEY JUST GET MORE PRESS. Its natural selection and they will be weeded out. Its not a black thing look at the ignorant on the other side of the spectrum. They swear up and down they are being demonized and oppressed, they look and sound just as stupid as our dumb AS$3$ on our side.

Quit lookin at your feet and be a man and make folks look you in the eye.

Great POST I'd drop you a reputation but I cant drop any more.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Go watch a couple episodes of COPS, then get back to me.
Black entertainment at it's finest!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Bingo!!!!

I am for myself.....

and ya know what????

That means no one eles feeds and clothes me.

No one pays for my housing or, medical care.

See how well that can work????

Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 AM

88 posts, read 214,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Topics like this where blacks continually paint these child rapists/molesters as victims and making excuses for them are making it very difficult for me to not hate black people.
You'd hate black people no matter what the topic was. This could be the most positive topic about black people and you would still hate us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies