Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

How nice. Leading little kids (look to be about 3rd grade) in chants for political causes these little kids couldn't possibly understand.

"Hey Hey Ho Ho, Scott Walker has got to go!"

"This is what Democracy Looks Like!"

"Children United Can Never Be Divided!"

This is pitiful to use innocent children this way.

Wisconsin Protesters Teach Kids to Chant Against Gov. Walker | The Blaze

But I guess its part of the lesson plan forced on schools by the unions!
http://www.laborunionreport.com/port...choolchildren/

"Wisconsin schools will be required to teach the history of organized labor under a bill signed by Gov. Jim Doyle.
The bill Doyle signed Thursday also requires Wisconsin schools to teach the history of collective bargaining.
The proposal has been around for years but never passed. This year it cleared the Democratic controlled Legislature despite opposition from school boards and administrators who said they didn’t want the curriculum micromanaged.
Labor unions supported the bill."

Last edited by maja; 03-16-2011 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 02:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Not surprising.

These same kids where probably brought to events for Obama when they were in kindergarten and taught to chant his name like he is the Pied Piper.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Is this similar to having young kids carry billboards of fetuses to anti-choice rallys?
Is this like taking kids to teabag events?

Or is it only exploitation because you don't agree with the cause?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
useful idiots in the maiking. Young Stalinists and Stalinistas.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Gotta love the desperation on the radical right and more garage from Beck's propaganda site. I guess this is A-OK when it's tea party trash spreading hate into children.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
useful idiots in the maiking. Young Stalinists and Stalinistas.
Lenin’s Lesson Plan: Wisconsin Teachers’ Union Indoctrination of Schoolchildren | LaborUnionReport.com

"Lenin’s Lesson Plan: Wisconsin Teachers’ Union Indoctrination of Schoolchildren
March 15, 2011 By Editor
“Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin"

Old 03-16-2011, 02:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Lenin’s Lesson Plan: Wisconsin Teachers’ Union Indoctrination of Schoolchildren | LaborUnionReport.com

Lenin’s Lesson Plan: Wisconsin Teachers’ Union Indoctrination of Schoolchildren
March 15, 2011 By Editor
“Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin"
Kruschev said in the 50's that the USA will fall to Communism without spilling a drop of blood. It would be done through our youth. Sound familiar?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
well that ain't gonna help their cause. They can thank God my kids weren't made to be there. abuse by a person with authority is wrong, but times have changed and a kid still has to do what they gotta do to get an A

Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Not surprising.

These same kids where probably brought to events for Obama when they were in kindergarten and taught to chant his name like he is the Pied Piper.
Yes and we all remember the Obama school chants.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Is this similar to having young kids carry billboards of fetuses to anti-choice rallys?
Is this like taking kids to teabag events?

Or is it only exploitation because you don't agree with the cause?
I don't know what a "teabag event" is, but considering the sexual nature of the activity, I would say that taking kids would probably be inappropriate.

As for the rest, I have no problem with bringing kids to these kinds of events, as long as they're safe. It's good for kids to see freedom and democracy in action.

When the kids become the the protesters, at the direction of their parents or other authority figures, then a line has been crossed. I don't care what you're bringing them there to argue for or against - they shouldn't be fully participating if they don't even have the capacity to understand what they're doing.

So tell me, chielgirl, do you think it was OK for them to be there, putting on a rehearsed demonstration about things they don't understand? I have no doubt that you'd be against it if it were any of the things you mentioned, but what about this? Your post was noticeably lacking in either support or condemnation of this event. Please, let us know what you think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies