Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times

Advertisements

Anyone looking at the edited version of the Project Veritas video would be concerned about the conduct and views expressed by the NPR representatives. But should we also be concerned about the deceptive nature of some of the video’s representations?

. . .[E]ven if you are of the opinion, as I am, that undercover reporting is acceptable and ethical in very defined situations, it is another thing to approve of editing tactics that seem designed to intentionally lie or mislead about the material being presented.

Does Raw Video of NPR Expose Reveal Questionable Editing & Tactics? | The Blaze

MSNBC is covering this, giving full credit to The Blaze. Here's the gist (the link contains the compare and contrast video clips):

• The video was edited to make it appear as if the NPR execs knew they were meeting with important members of a group with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. The raw footage exposes that lie.
  • The video was edited to make it appear as if Ron Schiller was jovial about the acceptance of Sharia law. The raw footage exposes that lie (he was responding to a mixup over reservations).
  • The video was edited to make it appear as if Ron Schiller has only negative things to say about the Republican Party. The raw footage exposes that lie.
  • The video was edited to make it appear as if Ron Schiller thinks the Tea Party are "xenophobic…seriously racist people." The raw footage exposes that lie. (He was relating what someone else said to him about their feelings.)
  • The video was edited to make it appear as if Schiller and Liley denigrate the education level of conservatives. The raw footage exposes that lie.
  • The video was edited to make it appear as if Schiller thinks NPR would be better off without any federal funding. The raw footage exposes that lie.
  • There audio was edited out in more than one section, making it appear as if things were being said that weren't.

So, this is multiple times now that rightwingers, O'Keefe in particular, have come out with edited videos that have cost people their jobs, then later, the full videos prove the chop jobs were intentionally done to achieve a political agenda, not to "expose" any kind of "truth".

Rightwingers here care to comment? Do you approve of doctoring audio and video deceptively, in an effort to achieve a political goal, ultimately ending careers and destroying the livelihoods of the victims of these hatchet jobs? Or do you just not give a bleep because they're evil liberals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 05:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Oh my goodness. Quoting and relying on Glenn Beck.

This must be a first.

Gee whiz, the WHOLE video is on O'keefe's website..for all to see.

Too late now to repair the damage done to NPR, which by the way, still admits Schiller's comments were horrendous.

Nice try by the Left, but since the WHOLE video is out there....no such luck.

The WHOLE tape below.

http://theprojectveritas.com/nprjudge

He again debunks the false straw man argument from the Left of "editing", which EVERY news cast does.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...iref=allsearch

Last edited by sanrene; 03-16-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
O'Keefe being deceptive, I'm shocked!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
There was a piece that challenged The Blaze's findings piece by piece, but I cant find it.

In all reality, you worry that this "cost" someone their job. Well, it did and rightfully so. They wouldnt have been so quick to fire/resign if they knew they were "innocent". O'Keefe, never tried to hide anything. He had no problem releasing the full video, and did so quickly. So, I dont see what you're all worked up over.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

This must be a first.

Too late now to repair the damage done to NPR, which by the way, still admits Schiller's comments were horrendous.

And the Op is wrong about O'Keefe being a right winger. He says that he is not a republican, but a progressive. That he does these secret videos because he can. Just because it happens to help the right, doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the right. And it goes without saying, if the left wasn't so slimmy, they wouldn't have anything to worry about, now would they?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:

This must be a first.

Yes, the WHOLE video that exposes the DECEPTIVE EDITING.

Is there something about the word 'DECEPTIVE' that you don't understand?

You mean NPR "admits" Schiller's comments were horrendous as taken out of context?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

There was a piece that challenged The Blaze's findings piece by piece, but I cant find it.

In all reality, you worry that this "cost" someone their job. Well, it did and rightfully so. They wouldnt have been so quick to fire/resign if they knew they were "innocent". O'Keefe, never tried to hide anything. He had no problem releasing the full video, and did so quickly. So, I dont see what you're all worked up over.
HAHAHA. A piece that challenged side-by-side comparisons of the actual footage to the deceptively edited version. I'd love to see that. <snort>

Schiller wouldn't have been so quick to resign if he knew he was innocent? Another HAHAHA moment. More like he resigned to take the spotlight off the organization he loves so much and was trying to help when his words were DECEPTIVELY EDITED

I just knew you guys would find a way to defend this.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post

And the Op is wrong about O'Keefe being a right winger. He says that he is not a republican, but a progressive. That he does these secret videos because he can. Just because it happens to help the right, doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the right. And it goes without saying, if the left wasn't so slimmy, they wouldn't have anything to worry about, now would they?

Oh, stop. You're killin' me here!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
That's what makes it so perversely delicious.

Quote:
Ah, you mean the whole deceptively edited take is out there.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

That's what makes it so perversely delicious.
Exactly. They can't legitimately use their typical "shoot the messenger" tactic. They're trying to do it anyway, but it just makes them look more laughable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto

Ah, you mean the whole deceptively edited take is out there.
The whole edited video and the whole raw footage. Well, except for over 2 1/2 minutes of conveeeeeniently missing audio.

The side-by-sides tell the truth of the scummy lie that O'Keefe perpetrated. And yet people keep buying into this scumbag's tricks every single time. What is it they say? Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. Or something like that. And yet they keep getting fooled! Funny, that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies