Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Still not understanding what this has to do with 'government health care.'

Military families are free to go to the doctor(s) of their own choosing and (can/do) receive medical services from the same doctors as people with private medical insurance.
No, they are not, without incurring significantly higher costs, if they are families of active duty at a base that has decided they have space for them. Most places they are allowed to make that choice, but even then it is more expensive than being seen by the post clinic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
When you talk about a * cover up * ...I am non military but used to live next to an Air Force base.

One day, a man who lived in the complex who worked in the Air Force, his wife shot herself to death in the bathroom ( not so sure it was a suicide by his actions ) but it was very hush hush. The Military came, did their investigation and removed her body.

There was no news media, no police, no write up in the newspaper. It was as if she never existed.

Two weeks later the grieving husband ( yea right ) Drove up in a brand new White Dodge Stealth and showed it to me ( He didn't look too sad..... he cashed in her death benefit very fast... and bought the car ).

He asked me if I wanted her personal things like makeup ( NO thanks , too creepy ! ) And I thought : Why the heck are you trying to get rid of her things..??

Point being : There is some secrecy and privacy when you are in the Military. ( I don't understand it all so I can't explain how it works )....
Unless the death was overseas, or of an actual active duty service member, or occurred on base housing, the military has no jurisdiction. In the death of a civilian family member off-post, the local police handle it. Occasionally, the locals have handed it over to the military if the perp is military and the military can get a conviction when the civilians can't, such as the Burke case in Kentucky. But the locals don't hand over cases they can pursue for the military to sweep under the rug to protect a service member.

Suicides generally don't garner much publicity.

People all handle grief differently.

Who knows? Maybe marital problems, such as he told he wanted a divorce, left her so distraught that it led her decide on suicide, but he had already emotionally checked out.

Not everything involving the military is a conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies