Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:35 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,262,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I can always tell when Obama is making a speech, and when he really likes what he has just said. He does this thing with his face - a pressed lip, teary eyed look. It reminds me of when writing poetry, and you say to yourself, damn, that is really good

But most of the time, he rambles on and says ahh too many times during a sentence. He should work on that
Ha! Good simile. Yes. I have caught that in him now that you mention it. But, not lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,999,926 times
I think we should exercise our right to vote and speak our opinions....but to make fun of ANY president or his family while he resides in the White House and is leading our nation....is disrespectful.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:58 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,519,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think we should exercise our right to vote and speak our opinions....but to make fun of ANY president or his family while he resides in the White House and is leading our nation....is disrespectful.
There is a difference between being disrespectful and being mean-spirited hateful and threatening. A huge difference.

As I have stated before I respect the office of the President, but the current holder of this office not so much.

I feel free to remark and critique the man in office. I don't believe this thread has been hate-filled, meancing or threatening. Unlike hundreds upon hundreds of threads when Bush and Cheney held office.

And of course there are a few exceptions to this.

I am frankly proud of my fellow conservatives on this forum for not going to the low levels the far left did when they lost the election.

Last edited by Booya; 03-17-2011 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-17-2011, 02:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,639,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Anybody else find when presenting a speech, Obama's tone of speech sounds rather sing- songish, shallow and a bit defensive; like he's just been reading some of the posts here regarding his golfing and playing basketball while the world crumbles and he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder addressing us?

I thought he was a pretty good speaker when he was campaigning but not anymore. Anyone else notice this? Maybe its just me as my opinion of him has greatly deteriorated from when he was campaigning. So, maybe my perception of him as a speaker has simply declined along with my dislike of him and his policies. Or have his speaking skills specifically gone downhill?

Not meant to be another huge Obama bashing thread (although he's certainly worthy of it) just curious about his speaking skills.
No.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,842,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Repect is earned, not given. Obama has done nothing, IMO, to earn respect for the office of POTUS. He has disrespected our country while on foreign shores, apologizing for its actions and demeaning it, bowing to other foriegn leaders, tying the hands of our men and women in uniform and leaving them like sitting ducks who have to wait to be fired upon, sending our agents South of the border unarmed to be murdered, arming border patrol with beanbags when facing illegals with AK-47s.........Playing a role in inciting riots in WI and OH, dividing this country by propogating class warfare, tolerating a overtly racially biased AG and DOJ policy, suing states for passing and enforcing their own laws,......the list goes on, and one, and on.......

When Obama shows respect through his actions for the people he is supposed to serve (civilian and military member citizens alike) perhaps he will also earn respect in return. Until then, not so much.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:37 PM

Ahemmmm. Back on topic. He just doesn't seem "engaged." He sounds bored and slightly irritated, like he's being pulled away from his "real" business, whatever that is. His speech mannerism and affect Just doesn't match what is going on in the world and what he is addressing. Vapid. Not quite there.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Ahemmmm. Back on topic. He just doesn't seem "engaged." He sounds bored and slightly irritated, like he's being pulled away from his "real" business, whatever that is. His speech mannerism and affect Just doesn't match what is going on in the world and what he is addressing. Vapid. Not quite there.
He sounds rather robotic.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,345,867 times
I think he sounds confident and if he sounds bored to some listeners it's probably because he is. He's bored from having to dumb down his rhetoric [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-17-2011 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Flamming or response to deleted post

Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I think he sounds confident and if he sounds bored to some listeners it's probably because he is. He's bored from having to dumb down his rhetoric[MOD CUT]!
Actually, thinking about your post, made me wonder if he doesn't sound bored because he feels he has to waste his time talking to people who expect him to be something he's not, people who's dream for America is not the same as his...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 03-17-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I think he sounds confident and if he sounds bored to some listeners it's probably because he is. He's bored from having to dumb down his rhetoric [MOD CUT]!
Oh really. Is this why? Very insightful.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies