Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Strange to have a strong leader in charge of wars, I know. But, there he is - your Commander in Chief steady at the healm!
Unfortunately, the only place Obama is steady at is on the golf course, practicing his swing. Or riding away to his next vacation spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 07:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wow...I can't believe you just stuck your foot in your mouth twice in the same post.

1) Barack Obama did not end the Iraq war. Ever heard of the Status of Forces Agreement? Guess who signed it? None other than George W. Bush. The framework was in place before BO came into office. Just because he stepped up the timeline does not mean he is the inventor of the strategy. It simply means the combat troops came home a little earlier than planned. And in case you didn't know it, there are still 50,000 troops in Iraq.

2) That you would lambast someone for being "so uninformed on this very obvious topic" while getting it wrong yourself is DOWNRIGHT EMBARRASSING FOR YOU.
Umm.... nice try, kiddo. Hilarious that all the extremist conservatives were ranting and raving about not setting deadlines for war, and now you're bragging about it. The war in Iraq was ended. President Obama enacted the withdrawal of troops. I never said Bush had nothing to do with it.

Given your logic on this subject, I will just assume you still hold Bush responsible for the economy. There's really no other stance you could take.

2. The individual in question claimed that Obama promised to end the war in Afghanistan. He did not. He actually promised to ramp it up.

So, I was right. You were wrong. I'm sorry to have to embarrass you publicly on here, but you did try to challege reality.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Unfortunately, the only place Obama is steady at is on the golf course, practicing his swing. Or riding away to his next vacation spot.
You, my friend, are a brilliant and clever mind whose ideas are SO original. Wow. I'm just basking in your cleverness at the moment; regurgitating the same lines that have been used on every president since golf became popular.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Brilliant, so how many got assasinated during this long time he was waiting to hatch this plan?
So, you far right conservatives need to put your heads together and figure out what you want. The hypocrisy is a little confusing.

Either we're broke as a nation, deeply in debt, and need to curtail all unnecessary spending or we have ample resources to police the world.

Either we unilaterally invade yet another country without UN support and get stuck with the bill, the thousands upon thousands of lives lost, or we learn from our past mistakes.

Funny how extremist conservatives suddenly found a conscience to protect life after supporting blundering into 2 wars that have cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

I'm not defending how slowly the UN acted. They should have passed this resolution weeks ago. But we certainly shouldn't be playing neo-con to the world by leading another war.

Let Europe lead this one.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
So, you far right conservatives need to put your heads together and figure out what you want. The hypocrisy is a little confusing.

Either we're broke as a nation, deeply in debt, and need to curtail all unnecessary spending or we have ample resources to police the world.

Either we unilaterally invade yet another country without UN support and get stuck with the bill, the thousands upon thousands of lives lost, or we learn from our past mistakes.

Funny how extremist conservatives suddenly found a conscience to protect life after supporting blundering into 2 wars that have cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

I'm not defending how slowly the UN acted. They should have passed this resolution weeks ago. But we certainly shouldn't be playing neo-con to the world by leading another war.

Let Europe lead this one.
Totally agreed. In addition to this, the entire right wingnuts are just that, NUTS. It would not matter what Obama did they would be howling like the band of banshees they are. Can you imagine that these folks would want Obama to invade any country to bale out a bunch of Islamic rebels??? The mind is just boggled by such hypocrisy.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Umm.... nice try, kiddo. Hilarious that all the extremist conservatives were ranting and raving about not setting deadlines for war, and now you're bragging about it. The war in Iraq was ended. President Obama enacted the withdrawal of troops. I never said Bush had nothing to do with it.

Given your logic on this subject, I will just assume you still hold Bush responsible for the economy. There's really no other stance you could take.

2. The individual in question claimed that Obama promised to end the war in Afghanistan. He did not. He actually promised to ramp it up.

So, I was right. You were wrong. I'm sorry to have to embarrass you publicly on here, but you did try to challege reality.
Wow..talk about dazed and confused. Who said anything about "bragging about deadlines?" You still don't even realize how you embarrassed yourself. So much so that you change the subject to the "economy." LOL

And let me remind you that I mentioned nothing about Afghanistan.

Yes...dazed and confused once again you certainly are.

The bottom line is that the war was ending with or without Barack Obama. Face it. You stuck your foot in your mouth.

PS...Do yourself a favor and read the SOFA. You'll see that combat troops were originally planned to be out of Iraq by June 2009. It was all based on the self-sustaining security provided by the Iraqi forces. For whatever reason this did not happen. By your reasoning, Barack Obama should be faulted for not having them out earlier, right? See, two can play this game. Educate yourself.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 03-18-2011 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-18-2011, 03:36 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Brilliant, so how many got assasinated during this long time he was waiting to hatch this plan?
And it's up to the USA to prevent it? Give it up man. You want your soldiers running around the entire world intervening in every dispute that comes down? That is rightly the job for the UN and the entire world community.

Just when will the Jingoistic minority of Americans learn anything from past misadventures? I really don't think ever. They are not teachable in the least. They would probably still to this day jump right in to another Vietnam gladly.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
And it's up to the USA to prevent it? Give it up man. You want your soldiers running around the entire world intervening in every dispute that comes down? That is rightly the job for the UN and the entire world community.

Just when will the Jingoistic minority of Americans learn anything from past misadventures? I really don't think ever. They are not teachable in the least. They would probably still to this day jump right in to another Vietnam gladly.
Yeah, should have gone in two weeks ago when more of the opposition were living.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:27 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Fed up with a president “who can’t make his mind up” as Libyan rebels are on the brink of defeat, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is looking to the exits.

At the tail end of her mission to bolster the Libyan opposition, which has suffered days of losses to Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s forces, Clinton announced that she’s done with Obama after
2012 — even if he wins again.

OH, HILL NO - WWW.THEDAILY.COM
I don't like Obama but I think it's tacky for her to announce it. Come to think of it, I don't like her either. This just reminds me that I don't like her.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't like Obama but I think it's tacky for her to announce it. Come to think of it, I don't like her either. This just reminds me that I don't like her.
Some believe he is mentaly unstable. Could be related to that maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies