Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times

Advertisements

Nuclear Problem In Japan: Is Obama Partly Responsible? in [Market-Ticker]

So we could not deliver genarators unless- Japan agree's to go green, am I missing something here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 10:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
I have been screaming at the TV for days, about some Helo's dropping huge generators and getting the pumps back up and running.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:36 AM

88,995 posts, read 44,804,275 times
I saw that news article, which is being reported worldwide by the way. Obama refused to help Japan because Japan wouldn't agree to cripple their ability to meet their nation's need for producing eletrical energy.

Much of nuclear facility damage and danger to Japan and the rest of the world could have been avoided if Obama hadn't held 27% (approx.) of Japan's capability to produce electricity hostage to his "agenda."

What the heck is wrong with that man?

He won't throw a rope to a drowning man unless the man agrees to his crippling demands? That's sick!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
First: Nuclear power IS green.

Two: Obama had the nerve to apologize for alleged American arrogance but he can dictate (just the word for this guy) domestic energy policy to sovereign ally in a time of great human suffering?

Make you a bet none of Obama's sycophants or the LameStream media (to the extent that there's a difference) take him the least bit to task for this.

If this is true I can only say "What a putz."

Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I saw that news article, which is being reported worldwide by the way. Obama refused to help Japan because Japan wouldn't agree to cripple their ability to meet their nation's need for producing eletrical energy.

Much of nuclear facility damage and danger to Japan and the rest of the world could have been avoided if Obama hadn't held 27% (approx.) of Japan's capability to produce electricity hostage to his "agenda."

What the heck is wrong with that man?

He won't throw a rope to a drowning man unless the man agrees to his crippling demands? That's sick!
If this is true I would be shocked if Japan doesn't handle Obama down the road. I wouldn't blame them because there is a time and place and this isn't it.
I can't believe all this, it would be making Obama a murderer.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
I'm anything but an Obama supporter, but one blog entry proves nothing. Lets see what additional news sources come up with. I can't believe even Obama would be that foolish and arrogant.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 AM

88,995 posts, read 44,804,275 times
It's not just a blog entry. It's news being reported worldwide. Just one such article:
Quote:
Japan turned down a US offer to provide technical support for cooling fuel rods at nuclear reactors hit by a massive earthquake and tsunami, a newspaper reported on Friday.
The United States made the offer immediately after the disaster caused damage to Fukushima No.1 nuclear plant, the Yomiuri Shimbun said, quoting a senior official of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.
According to the unnamed senior official, US support was based on dismantling the troubled reactors run by Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) some 250 kilometres (155 miles) northeast of Tokyo, the mass-circulation daily said.
Japan rejected early US help on nuclear disaster: report - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/9033630/japan-rejected-early-us-help-on-nuclear-disaster-report/ - broken link)

Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not just a blog entry. It's news being reported worldwide. Just one such article:Japan rejected early US help on nuclear disaster: report - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/9033630/japan-rejected-early-us-help-on-nuclear-disaster-report/ - broken link)
Thank you. Perhaps I gave our president too much credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies