Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
What is the difference between a "certificate of live birth" and a "birth certificate"?? I only have one, as far as I know, and thought the terms were interchangeable.

About the SSN -- those are assigned based upon where you were living at the time you applied for one, rather than based upon your state of birth.
A former coworker of mine came here as a Vietnamese orphan , he had no papers , no parents . He and his 2 brothers only had what the Orphanage gave them. In order to be adopted and go to school they gave him a Certificate of live birth . It is something foreigners usually have . No witness signature .

Old 04-07-2011, 12:17 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh yes crazy bats*** conspiracy theories, made up stuff against actual factrs. I wonder was that the certificate that Orily Tatiz entered in court with documents that she called him a monkey??

Damn silly actual websites like fact check and actual certified and verified documents by actual Hawaii officials, its conspiracy time...
Smash, have you clicked on those links? What do you make of the Kenyan birth cert? Is it Photoshop? I'm seriously asking. I've never seen these links before.

As for the grandmother, I suppose she could be demented or just wishful, hoping to claim Obama as a national for her own country. But the Kenyan birth cert is a bit weird.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:17 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Not as much fun as watching you believers sweat.
Not really "sweating" it or "worrying" over here.

Because the whole argument behind Obama not being a citizen is a massive idiotic conspiracy chock full of fallacies just as bad as the conspiracy behind the 9/11 attacks.

He showed the necessary proof, that's all I really need to see.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Meson, you may find this hard to believe, but, I've not done any research at all on this birth cert issue and this is the first time I've seen some of the links posted. What do you say about TrueGritt's link to the Kenyan birth cert? I had never seen that before nor heard of it. ???
Birthers have been making up these documents as they have gone along. They have in the past gotten information wrong about Kenya, hell even in the example above it somehow is stamped Republic of Kenya dated Feb 1964 but while Kenya gained Independence in 1963, the Republic of Kenya didn't come about until Dec 1964, so birthers are still failing history.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Not really "sweating" it or "worrying" over here.

Because the whole argument behind Obama not being a citizen is a massive idiotic conspiracy chock full of fallacies just as bad as the conspiracy behind the 9/11 attacks.

He showed the necessary proof, that's all I really need to see.
I am really happy for you, I hope you don't mind if it isn't for me unless you want to take my freedoms away.

Let me add that I don't believe the 9/11 theorists but I am not anywhere, posting anything bad, about the ones that do. I wonder why so many believers feel the need to excoriate those of us who have doubts about Obama's eligibility.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:23 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I am really happy for you, I hope you don't mind if it isn't for me unless you want to take my freedoms away.
Hey, if you want to support Donald Trump in his time wasting redundant adventure, then go right ahead.

I'm not going to try to take away your right to support that.

Just don't take away my right to call him a time-wasting idiot as a result.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
If you take a look at my posting history I refrain from playing the race baiter game. However, in a case like this when Obama has gone further than anyone else to prove his eligibility by releasing his birth certificate which has been verified and certified by the state of Hawaii, there really is no other reason why people don't think he was born here. The only things that make since is either pure and complete bats*** insanity (straightjacket type) or racism.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-07-2011 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,384,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
A former coworker of mine came here as a Vietnamese orphan , he had no papers , no parents . He and his 2 brothers only had what the Orphanage gave them. In order to be adopted and go to school they gave him a Certificate of live birth . It is something foreigners usually have . No witness signature .
I have also seen this with VietNam refugees from the country over the last 25 years. Children were born in vallages and no records were kept at all. Nothing in writing just your mother and father's testimony that you were born on such and such a date in the Chinese calendar.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Meson, you may find this hard to believe, but, I've not done any research at all on this birth cert issue and this is the first time I've seen some of the links posted. What do you say about TrueGritt's link to the Kenyan birth cert? I had never seen that before nor heard of it. ???
First of all, the link to the "Kenyan birth certificate" actually shows two birth certificates with mutually exclusive information. So that ought to tell you something right off the bat.

Secondly, the first one posted was this:

That's all well and good, but this was a prank that birthers took seriously.

The second one is by a guy named Lucas Smith:

First of all, this guy has a lengthy criminal history, including a conviction for document forgery. His story of how he allegedly obtained this thing changes with each retelling. He has never posted any documentary evidence to back up his assertion that he actually went to Kenya or anywhere in Africa at all, such as a visa stamp. And yes, he did attempt to blunt that, but he only posted the cover of his passport on his scribd page.

Secondly, the signature of the hospital administrator, a guy named Helton Maganga, is actually spelled wrong. His name is Heltan. He was also not the hospital administrator on the date provided.

Thirdly, the supervisor of obstetrics provided is named "John Kwame Odongo." Kwame is a Ghanaian name. Kwame Nkrumah did not become world famous for being the first President of Ghana until the late 50s. A name like that is similar to a name like Jacques Pavel Torricelli.

In conclusion, both of the alleged Kenyan birth certificates linked to are not worth the paper they're printed on. And this goes to the heart of every birther allegation. They may sound credible, but if you do the slightest amount of digging below the surface, you will quickly discover that they are entirely full of crap.

Edit:

Quote:
Did Obama say in his book "Dreams" that he found his BC? Yes, yes he did.

Where is it?
He wrote that he found it among a box his mother had, 30 years ago. Where is it? Lost, probably. His mother moved around a lot in her life. People do lose birth certificates all the time.

Last edited by bc42gb43; 04-07-2011 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: HOW COME OBAMA CAN'T FIND A ONE PAGE DOCUMENT HE SAW ONCE IN A BOX 30 YEARS AGO?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies