Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious LA View Post
Refused to show proper identification? Excuse me?

Obama has disclosed all proper identification needed to be qualified to serve as president of the United States. He has produced his birth certificate and if you're not satisfied the documentation shown then tough luck.
I honestly don't know which side of this argument to believe, but there is some reason to doubt the legitimacy of the birth certificate presented to the public by Obama. It needs to be cleared up.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I honestly don't know which side of this argument to believe, but there is some reason to doubt the legitimacy of the birth certificate presented to the public by Obama. It needs to be cleared up.
What reason? It is a certified legal birth certificate with a state seal, it is the only type of birth certificate that HI gives out, and it can be used to get a passport, or in court to prove US birth. There is nothing to be cleared up. The Republican governor had the director of the Dept of Health personally view and verify that his birth records are in order, and there is no question that he was born in HI.

Last edited by detshen; 04-11-2011 at 01:27 AM..

Old 04-11-2011, 01:26 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
lol! Obama's mother visited Kenya with his father and gave birth to him there? Kenyan newspapers proclaimed that Kenyan born Barack Obama was POTUS (no longer online but people have snapshots).
Actually none of that is true (no snapshots at all as that is what you just made up)

Addressed here:

snopes.com: AP Reports Obama as 'Kenyan-Born'

Wow to repeat a LIE that originated in 2009 and debunked then

Join us in 2011 please.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Actually none of that is true (no snapshots at all as that is what you just made up)

Addressed here:

Join us in 2011 please.
It seems like people who believe this stuff only read sites that support their beliefs, and ignore everything else. I read all types of information both pro and con so I could have a full grasp of the issue, I would recommend birthers do the same, if only to save themselves the embarrassment of spouting disproven stories, and flat out lies that make them look foolish.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Everybody should read this as one of many prime exhibits in showing just how utterly nuts many of the leading birthers are!

I'll also point out that since I posted my challenge to birthers for them to explain exactly how Stanley Ann Dunham went to Kenya to give birth, none of them have posted anything close to a coherent narrative, but all of them have continued to post in this thread. I would say that it's bad form to not give a thoughtful response, but they wouldn't be birthers in the first place if they were capable of thoughtfulness.

Of cousre they wont

We are talking about a couple who:
1) husband was on a scholarship paid by his home country (meaning, he couldn't have afforded to be in Hawaii in the first place )

2) wife was a middle class american 18 year old girl attending college

3) At today's inflation rate, their trip to Kenya would have been over $15K and it would have taken 1 week (at least) travel to Mombasa, from Hawaii

Tell me what newly married couple with the equivalent of $15K would pick up and travel to a third world country to have a baby, then fly back in less than a week to get that baby's birth registered.

All of this, bypassing the American Consulate (as she would now have to delcare that baby she needed to bring back to America on her non-existent passport - her records stated that her first passport was issued in 1965), and then fly another week to get back to Hawaii.

Oh and lets not forget that she would have been REQUIRED to take innoculations before SHE even got on a plane, and one of those shots ARE NOT EVEN given to pregnant mothers.

OH and lets also not forget that mothers in their third trimester were FORBIDDEN by airlines to fly.

So, now we can't even have airflight as a means of transportation, so it would HAVE to have been by boat.

Boat to Kenya from Hawaii = 10 weeks minimum.

Yeah that scenario bites.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:38 AM

164 posts, read 103,771 times
Quote:

Addressed here:

Join us in 2011 please.
Sorry you can't use Snopes as source as that site has been outed as a left-wing propaganda machine. google it.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
Sorry you can't use Snopes as source as that site has been outed as a left-wing propaganda machine. google it.
It doesn't matter, the facts are the same no matter who reports it.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post

bwahahah

yeah, left - wing right? I've used their sites on Left wing sites to debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories, and guess what? Those sites call sNOPES conservative and right winged

Handwave away facts when it shwos you to be wrong.

Seeing as how the CREDIT and SOURCE their stories, why don't you ADDRESS the lie that pommymommy posted, about Kenya's newspapers verifying he was born there, when it is not even true?

AD HOM is all birthers can do.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 AM

BTW, this is the only reply that this thread should receive from now on. As you can see, the SAME birthers repeat the SAME CLAIMS over and over again, even in this thread. AND showing them to be wrong.

Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Quote:
Dr. Fukino emphasized: “It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that.” She reiterated that computer generated “certification of live birth” that was obtained by the Obama campaign in 2007 and has since been publicly released is the standard document that anybody requesting their birth certificate from the state of Hawaii would receive from the health department.
Quote:
No matter what state officials release on the issue, the "birthers" are going to question it, said Fukino. "They’re going to question the ink on which it was written or say it was fabricated," said Fukino. "The whole thing is silly."

Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
BTW, this is the only reply that this thread should receive from now on. As you can see, the SAME birthers repeat the SAME CLAIMS over and over again, even in this thread. AND showing them to be wrong.

Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
We want to see the document that provides the information for the COLB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies