Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times

Advertisements

What does that description of Indonesia from 1955-1965 have to do with anything? Obama wasn't in Indonesia until 1967, and he went back to Hawaii in 1971.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
more research, okay.
yes, more research. your rebuttal had absolutely nothing to do with the requirements for indonesian citizenship.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
This is what was going on in Indonesia during the time Barry was "visiting" as a Christian U.S. citizen with his white mama. Does it make sense to you? Not to anybody with common sense.
wether i think their decision to move to indonesia was wise or not is completely subjective and irrelevant. it is what happened. in my own experience as a child in the 70's i spent every other summer living with my grandparents in bangor n. ireland, just a few miles outside belfast. not the wisest place to be for a non-catholic with an english mama and yet...... it is what happened.

or does common sense dictate that i wasn't there?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
[quote=DC at the Ridge;18710254]Not to rain on your parade, but Obama lived in Indonesia beginning in 1967. Your unattributed excerpts (please, if you don't attribute these excerpts, you are committing plagiarism) are about years PRIOR to Obama living there, not DURING.

You are right, but it remained under tight rule.

While being sworn as an attorney in the State of Illinois, Mr Obama had to provide his personal information under oath. He was asked, if he had any other names, he responded none. (I am in possession of his registration.) In reality, he used the name Barry Soetoro. I am in possession of his school registration in Indonesia, that clearly shows his name to be Barry Soetoro, citizen of Indonesia. Later it was reported that he studied at Occidental College in California [Los Angeles] under the name Barry Soetoro and there was an entry in the journal of the California assembly in re. to grants given to foreign exchange students, one Soetoro from Indonesia. Mr. Soetoro/Obama clearly defrauded the State Bar if Illinois and perjured himself while concealing his identity. Anybody else would’ve been disbarred for this and the matter would’ve been forwarded to the district attorney for prosecution for perjury and fraud, however nothing was done to Mr. Obama. More importantly, why did he conceal his identity?
Was young Obama Indonesian citizen?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:

While being sworn as an attorney in the State of Illinois, Mr Obama had to provide his personal information under oath. He was asked, if he had any other names, he responded none. ]
do you believe the 6year old obama filled out the school admission form?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Can we end the World Nutz Daily crap please...

Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Later it was reported that he studied at Occidental College in California [Los Angeles] under the name Barry Soetoro...
yes it was reported....... as an april fool's joke.

April Fools’… Still | FactCheck.org

Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
more research, okay. This is what was going on in Indonesia during the time Barry was "visiting" as a Christian U.S. citizen with his white mama. Does it make sense to you? Not to anybody with common sense.
What you posted happened before Obama moved there, at age 6 mind you, with his family. I really wish the birthers would quit dissing his mother so much. As a mother myself, this really bothers me. Give her some respect. Obama was LIVING there with his mother and her HUSBAND. What part of that do the birthers not understand? At age 6, he didn't have a choice in the matter, something else the birthers don't want to acknowledge.

Quote:

You are right, but it remained under tight rule.

While being sworn as an attorney in the State of Illinois, Mr Obama had to provide his personal information under oath. He was asked, if he had any other names, he responded none. (I am in possession of his registration.) In reality, he used the name Barry Soetoro. I am in possession of his school registration in Indonesia, that clearly shows his name to be Barry Soetoro, citizen of Indonesia. Later it was reported that he studied at Occidental College in California [Los Angeles] under the name Barry Soetoro and there was an entry in the journal of the California assembly in re. to grants given to foreign exchange students, one Soetoro from Indonesia. Mr. Soetoro/Obama clearly defrauded the State Bar if Illinois and perjured himself while concealing his identity. Anybody else would’ve been disbarred for this and the matter would’ve been forwarded to the district attorney for prosecution for perjury and fraud, however nothing was done to Mr. Obama. More importantly, why did he conceal his identity?
Was young Obama Indonesian citizen?
Obama's parents enrolled him in that school as Barry Soetoro. It is possible that Obama never considered this his name. He certainly never used the name as an adult. He graduated from high school as Barack (Barry) Obama. We have already heard how he chose to go by Barack instead of the NICKNAME Barry in his college years. What part of that don't the birthers understand?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
sorry, but you are wrong, try reading the 1940 immigration act for yourself. a natural born citizen can be born anywhere so long as they are the child of one natural born citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
WRONG. A natural born citizen just needs to be born on US Soil to a parent that is not an AMBASSADOR or an enemy combatant on US Soil.

Citizen of the parent has no bearing on the citizen of the child when born on US SOIL.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
While being sworn as an attorney in the State of Illinois, Mr Obama had to provide his personal information under oath. He was asked, if he had any other names, he responded none. (I am in possession of his registration.) In reality, he used the name Barry Soetoro. I am in possession of his school registration in Indonesia, that clearly shows his name to be Barry Soetoro, citizen of Indonesia.
Will you at least admit that that same school registration states that Obama was born in Honolulu?

Quote:
Later it was reported that he studied at Occidental College in California [Los Angeles] under the name Barry Soetoro and there was an entry in the journal of the California assembly in re. to grants given to foreign exchange students, one Soetoro from Indonesia.
WND's evidence for their assertion that Obama received a grant for foreign students while attending school at Occidental (initially came from an April Fools' hoax), is that somebody named Soetoro from Indonesia received this grant. They don't say when this happened, and they don't provide the first name.

Soetoro is an incredibly common name in Indonesia. Go on facebook and do a search for people named Soetoro. You will find thousands.

Quote:
Mr. Soetoro/Obama clearly defrauded the State Bar if Illinois and perjured himself while concealing his identity.
How was anybody defrauded? Who was damaged by this? How do you know that whoever filled out that school registration (which is the only evidence to date that suggests that Obama ever was associated with the name Soetoro) used the name Soetoro to make things easier for the young Obama?

Quote:
Anybody else would’ve been disbarred for this and the matter would’ve been forwarded to the district attorney for prosecution for perjury and fraud, however nothing was done to Mr. Obama.
Can you provide any evidence that anybody has ever been disbarred and prosecuted for perjury and fraud for not disclosing on a state bar application that they had used a previous name for at most four years while a child?

The question on those forms of any previous names is meant to cover people who legally change their names as adults, such as women who change their last name after getting married. It's meant to make it easier for bar association officials to do background checks, mostly during the character and fitness portion of the bar application. There is little to no interest that anybody would have had in what name somebody went by when they were in first grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies