Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Reasonable people can disagree on the validity of those insisting on a standard Birth Certificate issues at or near the time of birther, but one that is force certain - that Obama is destroing our country step by step. Those that support him are co-conspirators in political "treason".
Treason? Oh well, so much for the reasonable people facade.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
Sure, and that is why their is soooo much smoke, because there is absolutley no fire.

Myt understanding, from reading on a website about this issue, is that the COLB can be petitioned for and received on the strength or an application and vouching by two relatives. That is all it takes to get one.

That is what the article said. Whether that is true, or still true, or completely false, I can't say, but it was discussed.
So why spread lies from WND? Why do you continue to trust these sites that have lied to you so many times? They lied to you when they said that when Obama went to Pakistan in 1981, Americans were banned from going there. They lied to you when they claimed that a photo of Obama with his grandparents in NYC was photoshopped, and they had the original. Why do you continue to trust them, or at the least, uncritically repost what you read from them or whichever site copied from them?

Quote:
However a document, not original, and produced upon demand in 2007 is slim evidence.
A COLB is prima facie evidence. That means that unless there is specific evidence to back it up, that's all that's necessary to prove that Obama was born in August 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. That alone means that Obama is a natural born citizen, and anything else is irrelevant except as pure trivia.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Smile Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I don't know what to make of the whole argument... certificate of live birth vs. birth certificate, etc, etc... But I do have one honest to goodness question that I hope someone can answer for me....

The picture of his Certificate of Live Birth says "Barrack Obama II" on it. We all know he changed his name to Barrack later in life. So shouldn't his birth certificate say "Barry" or whatever his birth name was?

If I changed my name, my birth certificate (at least an original) would still say "Mark" on in it, right?

Does anyone know what the story is with this?

"It's not what you don't know that makes you look silly. It's what you do know that just isn't so. "

Mark Twain

Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
COLB is a mere legal construct.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there have only been 3 of the birther cases where obama has been a defendant. all of those were dismissed before going to trial. not much in legal fees there.

any others?
Any other what. How do you think those cases were dismissed. Trial is the last step in a court case. Jeez, am I dealing with people of no knowledge of how the world works at all????

Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Treason? Oh well, so much for the reasonable people facade.
Who mentioned treason? Not I. I said political "treason". That is different than treason, the crime described in the Constitution. That's what the quotes are for.

Your facade has fallen.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
Any other what. How do you think those cases were dismissed. Trial is the last step in a court case. Jeez, am I dealing with people of no knowledge of how the world works at all????
They were dismissed because they filed a motion to dismiss. There was no discovery. There were no privilege logs or depositions or interrogatories, or any of the stages of litigation that really drive up legal costs.

You seem to be the one alleging that millions of dollars have been spent on lawyers. You haven't backed it up with one bit of evidence, and are just flapping your arms around and going "But look! See?!" You seem to be the one with no knowledge of how our legal system works.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
So why spread lies from WND? Why do you continue to trust these sites that have lied to you so many times? They lied to you when they said that when Obama went to Pakistan in 1981, Americans were banned from going there. They lied to you when they claimed that a photo of Obama with his grandparents in NYC was photoshopped, and they had the original. Why do you continue to trust them, or at the least, uncritically repost what you read from them or whichever site copied from them?

A COLB is prima facie evidence. That means that unless there is specific evidence to back it up, that's all that's necessary to prove that Obama was born in August 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. That alone means that Obama is a natural born citizen, and anything else is irrelevant except as pure trivia.
Attorneys work with hard evidence obtained thru discovery, so stop using legaleeze you don't understand. No less than 3 forensic experts have declared the short form posted on the internet to be a forgery. Even that wasn't real. He's a phony and you are buying the snake oil because you like the salesman. Pitiful. We are all paying dearly for your foolishness.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
They were dismissed because they filed a motion to dismiss. There was no discovery. There were no privilege logs or depositions or interrogatories, or any of the stages of litigation that really drive up legal costs.

You seem to be the one alleging that millions of dollars have been spent on lawyers. You haven't backed it up with one bit of evidence, and are just flapping your arms around and going "But look! See?!" You seem to be the one with no knowledge of how our legal system works.
Standard rate for bribing a federal judge is 200 ounces of gold.

Everyone knows that!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Any other what.
any other tangible reason that obama would have to pay to keep his records "sealed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies