Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Can someone explain to me how this entire questioning if Obama was born here began?
hard to say. from what i remember ( and can look up ).....

andy martin was the first to question the authenticity of the COLB, but i don't think he started the kenyan birth rumors.

phil berg was an early member but his schtick was that obama was an indonesian citizen.

leo donofrio was the first to advance the de vattel theory.

gary kreep was another early birther who ran ads on late night tv in the south promoting that obama was born in kenya ( and selling a $35 bumper sticker ) but i don't think he was the first ( he is also responsible for releasing orly taitz onto the world ).

so..... dunno. failure is an orphan but success has many fathers. when it comes to wacky conspiracy theories....... the birthers have been very successful.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:25 PM

wikipedia credits hillary supporters during the primary as the source for birtherism.

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-22-2011, 05:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Legal weight yes, with the assumption that the long form
or one's personal photostat of long form is somewhere.

You would think Obama, himself, would have a photostat of the original, especially considering when he was born. They didn't issue Social Security numbers automatically at birth back in the '60's like they do today.

Everyone I knew, had a photostat copy like the one I posted, just to use for things like opening a bank account as a minor, or to get a Social Security number to work as a minor, back in the day.[

So, all they have to do is track down when his SS number was issued, because he would have had to produce a birth certificate then. Case closed, or is it

IT'S THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER STUPID! | T-Room

The real burning question I have is

Baskin-Robbins in HI confirms Obama worked there in 1975. Yes, companies like Baskin-Robbins
and Dunkin Dounuts did hire 13-14 year olds back then.

But, the date of his S.S. number is 1977....

mmmmmm

Did Baskin Robbins pay him under the table
cause if that's the case - we can now get
Obama on tax evasion
The bold is the reason Obama cannot "just show the long form and be done with it". I've been following this birther stuff for three long years now here on CD, and I've never heard this Baskin-Robbins crap (no pun intended) before. The birthers will not give up! If anyone else's life was examined like this, some inconsistencies and irregularities would be bound to show up. Bush's military history has never been fully explored, and who the heck ever cared? Oh, I'm sure someone is right now doing a search to "prove" to me that there was a big hullaballoo, but you didn't see opposing candidates making that the focus of their platform. The matter was essentially dropped. IIRC there was something shady about Dan Quayle's admission to law school, again, never fully explored and eventually dropped.

As for "everyone you knew" having a copy of their BC, you must have run with an interesting crowd. When I needed mine, I think to get my driver's license, my mom had to send away to the state capitol of PA for it. I still have that copy, which is a short form that has less information on it than Obama's. When my husband needed one for a passport in 1982, he had to send away to the state capitol of Nebraska for it. If he used one to get a SS # when he was a teen, he didn't have it on his person at age 34.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
(and remember in 1975 there was no such thing as computers).
just to keep things straight i'm pretty sure SS# info would have been entered into a computer by 1975. still, doesn't change the ease of a typo being the likely conclusion.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
states keep vital records information. all birth certificates, long and short, are from that information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
To confuse you. And see? It worked!

Actually, they are required by law to maintain those records. They are also required to safeguard them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because they are charged with maintaining accurate and secure records. They keep the original birth certificate in a secure storage site, whatever format that birth certificate may have used.
So...according to you three, all that 'really' needs to be kept [now] in the secure records is just a simple copy of the COLB since the COLB serves as the final birth documentation...even though the COLB lacks a LOT of information about the birth. In other words, if the COLB is the absolute proof of ALL things related to the birth documentation, then why even keep the Long-Form in the records? Thus, my question [once again] - So why do states' DoH even keep the original LONG-FORM birth certificates then?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Birtherism: Where it all began - Ben Smith and Byron Tau - POLITICO.com

I believe O was born here but lets look who actually started the whole birther thing.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
just to keep things straight i'm pretty sure SS# info would have been entered into a computer by 1975. still, doesn't change the ease of a typo being the likely conclusion.
Using a SS# issued to someone in Connecticut???

The Social Security website confirms the first three numbers in Obama's SS# ID are reserved for applicants with Connecticut addresses; #040 thru #049

There is obviously a case of fraud going on here," Daniels maintained. "In 15 years of having a private investigator's license in Ohio, I've never seen the Social Security Administration make a mistake of issuing a Connecticut Social Security number to a person who lived in Hawaii. There is no family connection that would appear to explain the anomaly."

I guess Obozo, and all his sheep, think him having a SS# from any of the 57 states is perfectly okay and no one should question it...

Last edited by highcotton; 04-22-2011 at 07:20 PM..

Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Using a SS# issued to someone in Connecticut???

The Social Security website confirms the first three numbers in Obama's SS# ID are reserved for applicants with Connecticut addresses; #040 thru #049

There is obviously a case of fraud going on here," Daniels maintained. "In 15 years of having a private investigator's license in Ohio, I've never seen the Social Security Administration make a mistake of issuing a Connecticut Social Security number to a person who lived in Hawaii. There is no family connection that would appear to explain the anomaly."
No link. "Obviously"? And we are to believe the SSA never makes a mistake? Not hardly. I'm not so sure about it being computerized by 1975, either. Maybe. Even so, garbage in, garbage out.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No link. "Obviously"? And we are to believe the SSA never makes a mistake? Not hardly. I'm not so sure about it being computerized by 1975, either. Maybe. Even so, garbage in, garbage out.
Let Google Search be your friend!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
So...according to you three, all that 'really' needs to be kept [now] in the secure records is just a simple copy of the COLB since the COLB serves as the final birth documentation...even though the COLB lacks a LOT of information about the birth. In other words, if the COLB is the absolute proof of ALL things related to the birth documentation, then why even keep the Long-Form in the records? Thus, my question [once again] - So why do states' DoH even keep the original LONG-FORM birth certificates then?
Who said that? The vital statistics are obviously more than the COLB abstract. The bureau of vital statistics in each state keeps that more complete information, but it is not deemed necessary to provide all of the information they have in order to certify that a person was born in that state to those parents on that date. They simply pull the pertinent bits of information to put on the certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies