Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

How come we haven't even heard from any of his students? He was a part time lecturer, yet I'm not aware of anyone saying what kind of a teacher he was. Wouldn't you think they would love to be interviewed?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Bottom line, is that birth announcements and Certification of Live Birth, do not prove the physical location of the birth,...

honolulu, it's on there under "city, town or location of birth"

Natural born means born to 2 U.S. citizens -...

again, not a single qualified person has come forward in support of this definition

Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Many of us who have tried to show some common sense against all this birther idiocy are not particular fans of Obama, and would gladly do the same for any president whether we liked or agreed with the president's policies or not. Birthers can't believe this because the only way they can convince themselves to believe birther nonsense is based on their personal hate of the president.

I have read information from birther sites and many others, I put it all together and came to the logical conclusion that Obama was born in HI, if I saw any evidence to the contrary I would be backing any action taken against the president. Birthers can't seem to believe that some people just fight for the truth, and refuse to endorse the spread of lies.
Right. I'm sure you were at the forefront investigating Dan Rather making false reports on President Bush.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:34 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Right. I'm sure you were at the forefront investigating Dan Rather making false reports on President Bush.
The reports were adjusted to calibrate for prior fraudulency.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
I take great issue with anyone making false reports against ANYONE, it does not matter if I like the person, I care about the truth. When intelligent people don't like a government official we focus on real issues, not spreading lies and conspiracy theories.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
The Constitution is the final authority!

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United States:
“No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”
The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provided an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution. (The first several Presidents prior to Martin van Buren as well as potential Presidential candidates such as Alexander Hamilton were born as British subjects in British America before the American Revolution and this grandfather clause would cover them.)[1]
Additionally, the Twelfth Amendment states that: "[N]o person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." The Fourteenth Amendment does not use the phrase "natural born citizen". It does provide that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

"Subject to the jurisdiction" means no divided loyalty. A British subject is under the jurisdiction of Britain. duh

Old 04-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
How come we haven't even heard from any of his students? He was a part time lecturer, yet I'm not aware of anyone saying what kind of a teacher he was. Wouldn't you think they would love to be interviewed?
As a Professor, Obama Enthralled Students and Puzzled Faculty - NYTimes.com

Old 04-24-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The Constitution is the final authority!
yes it is. to date there has yet to be a single constitutional scholar that agrees with your definition.

obama's father's citizenship was well known long before he announced his candidacy. do you believe everyone with an understanding of the constitution was paid off or intimidated into silence?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
To meet a legitimate standard, we need witnesses, the name of the hospital, and the attending physician.

the US state department, the top authority in such matters, has a different opinion

I even have a baby book, with pictures and writing about what I was like at 2, 4 etc.

that's nice. it must be enjoyable to look back on it. i doubt that it will ever become a requirement for POTUS tho.

Obama has zip, zero, nada. I have my grades, the names of some of my teachers (nuns). Kids get sick and break things, yet there are no doctor records for Barry. Somethin stinks.

can you show me any of the things you just listed for any previous president?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Birthers can't seem to believe that some people just fight for the truth, and refuse to endorse the spread of lies.
i'd like to think that i was that noble and my motives were to fight for the truth...... but in all honesty it's a morbid fascination that drives me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies