Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The certified birth certificate would have to show:
show the mothers name and age
at time of birth - the father's name and age at time
of birth.

for a passport.
Wrong. that is unnecessary information.

From the State Department requirements:

Quote:
*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant's parent(s). For more information, please see New Requirement for all U.S. Birth Certificates.
Obama's COLB meets these requirements.

Quote:
Obama's probably has been using the same passport,
since he was a child.
Actually no he isn't. He is now using a passport that is called a "Diplomatic Passport" - issued to those who are on the White House Staff

YouTube - West Wing Week: Mailbag Day Summer Edition

Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You don't know that is a forged document, nor would
I.
It is a forged document BECAUSE JOHN MCCAIN never released it.

THAT document appeared in Hollander v McCain Lawsuit. How did he get it? He certainly did not GET it from John McCain.

REad over the article linked. It shows a lot of discrepancies in the document from FONT type changes to alignment of letters and dates (since it would have been typed on a type writer, columns that exist do not match up), to underlines being misalgined and "smudged" out.

Quote:
Simple fact, McCain's father was in the military - they
had documentation of his birth. McCain Jr. was in the
military - they had documentation of his birth.
Yes they did. John McCain however has never released his birth record to the public.

Quote:
McCain isn't the issue here, except to say, it was
stupid to even question whether he was eligible
to run for President.
then why did you bring it up? YOU're the one who linked to a forged birth certificate for John McCain trying to make a claim that "hey McCain did has his, why doesn't Obama"

Backpedaling now?

Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
That is your belief.

My mother is slightly older than Obama and she didn't need to worry about her BC when she worked at the Dole Cannery Honoulu. She simply applied for a job and got it. Didn't even have to show a birth certificate to do so (her BC is from before Hawaii became a state).

Unfortunately, YOU are thinking that what applies today, applied to what it was like in the 60's and 70's.

No I'm not. I'm offering the best possible answers than some twisted conspiracy that was set in motion on the day of his birth.

but you're the one citing a statute that wasn't passed until 1982. So even IF Obama was born in another country, he wouldn't receive a Hawaii based COLB. He simply would have to live with the Birth Certificate issued by the country that provided it.

I already said this. Obama was included on Stanley Ann Dunham Obama's passport records because he was a child, it was known as Family Passports (SSA policies have since changed). It's amongst her passport records which were released last year. Lolo Soetoro's Passport records show this as well.

Since he already had a passport under his mother, he and she only needed to renew it every time it was up for expiration. That means even as an adult, he no longer need to provide his Birth Certificate because HIS mother already provided that information to the State Department when he was 5 years old.

Yes the Department of Health's directors as well as the Republican Governor, the New Director, the Democratic Governor and several officials have stated that Obama's Birth record is there and it shows that he was born in Hawaii.

If Obama wants to see his original record, he can go down to the office to view if he wants. That's all he can do.

Tim Adams is a liar. He did not have access to the "records" he claims to have access to. I'll rely on the statements of his boss than a temporary worker who wasn't EVEN THERE at the time that they would place candidates on the primary ballot.

Right Now - Honolulu city clerk debunks new 'birther' theorythen why repeat the birther lies?
And when you got your passport, it would have to
show the ages (date of birth) of both parents on
the certified birth certificate.

Forget the 1982 statue I cited, I just happened to
read it. In 1961 there were three types of Birth
Certificates:

a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents’ identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a “Delayed Certificate”, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

See, I don't think there was a twisted conspiracy when
he was born. And no, Obama is the one who thinks
what applies today, applied in 1961. That's why
show the "original". I'm guessing Obama has c).

Old 04-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
It is a forged document BECAUSE JOHN MCCAIN never released it.

THAT document appeared in Hollander v McCain Lawsuit. How did he get it? He certainly did not GET it from John McCain.

REad over the article linked. It shows a lot of discrepancies in the document from FONT type changes to alignment of letters and dates (since it would have been typed on a type writer, columns that exist do not match up), to underlines being misalgined and "smudged" out.

Yes they did. John McCain however has never released his birth record to the public.

then why did you bring it up? YOU're the one who linked to a forged birth certificate for John McCain trying to make a claim that "hey McCain did has his, why doesn't Obama"

Backpedaling now?
Distracting to McCain is not doing your Obama argument
any good. McCain served in the U.S. Military and
they had his long birth certificate on file, when he joined.
See unlike Obama, folks back in the day, had no problem
showing a photocopy of their original birth certificate,
really, to anyone.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Again, not supported by anything you have claimed so far.

First Time Applicants

Quote:
*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant's parent(s). For more information, please see New Requirement for all U.S. Birth Certificates.
Please show me where the Parent's information about their birth place, and date of birth, must be shown on the child's BC for it to be a valid Birth Certificate?

What about children born to mothers who do not know who the father was?

My friend's COLB doesn't list her father at all (they had divorced before she was born, and he didn't want anything to do with her or her mother, so her mother just didn't list the father)

What about children who were sent into adoption? Their BC would not contain their parent's information (they would actually get an amended BC)

Quote:
In 1961 there were three types of Birth
Certificates
-

Actually, those are not "three types of birth certificates" ----- These are all about births in Hawaii and how they are reported to the Department of Health.

One: We know that he was born in a Hospital so that fulfills a
Two: We know that his birth record was filed to the Department of Health by the Hospital within one week of his birth based on the Date found on his COLB so that negates b and C And shows that you have a misunderstanding of what a Delayed COLB is.

Quote:
not supported by anything you have posted.

A "Delayed COLB" is a Birth Certificate that is issued, more than 1 year after a child's birth. (West Viriginia example linked)

States have various rules, but many agree on the "more than 1 year" requirement (Even texas)
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/delayed/default.shtm

Old 04-24-2011, 06:13 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:

Forget the 1982 statue I cited, I just happened to
read it. In 1961 there were three types of Birth
Certificates:

a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents’ identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a “Delayed Certificate”, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

The COLB Obama has posted is a certified legal copy,with required stamp, and an accepted document for getting a passport.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Distracting to McCain is not doing your Obama argument
any good.
Oh no you don't you aren't going to excuse your FAUX PAS and throw it back on us.

YOU were caught trying to pass off a known forged document to try and claim

"McCain showed his, why can't Obama"

And when it was shown that it was a forgery, you are now trying to ignore it and now say its irrelevant to the argument

YOU brought it up. NOT us. When we show that YOU are posting a forged document to support your claim, you now act as if you didn't and are now claiming that its irrelevant.

Actually, it DOES our support our argument that NO other President or Presidential candidate has EVER released their BC besides Obama.

McCain never did.

Quote:
McCain served in the U.S. Military and
they had his long birth certificate on file, when he joined.
Actually, the military do NOT keep a copy of your birth records. They are not allowed to (my brother in law served 10 years in the Army). He showed his recruiter his BC when he enlisted, but he never gave them a copy.

So again tell us how Hollander, who has no service in the Militar or access to military records, came up with this document when McCain has never provided it to anyone?

Quote:
See unlike Obama, folks back in the day, had no problem
showing a photocopy of their original birth certificate,
So what? Today we have things called Passports, which is a better form of identification than a birth certificate is.

Today, we have much bigger issues like identity theft. A full COLB has information that can be used by thieves that can be used to their advantage.

That is why states are moving to abstract forms now (especially in states that have open record laws).

That is why even children today, are victims of identity theft. The simple publishing of your private information anywhere, tied to your child's name, an identity thief has all that he needs to take your credit from you

Old 04-24-2011, 06:30 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
The certified birth certificate would have to show:
show the mothers name and age
at time of birth - the father's name and age at time
of birth.

for a passport.
these are the requirements:

Full name of the applicant
Date of birth
Place of birth
Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
Registrar’s signature
The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year)
Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicant’s parent(s)

New Requirement for U.S. Birth Certificates

the link is the US state department. have you gone to the link?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Again, not supported by anything you have claimed so far.

First Time Applicants

Please show me where the Parent's information about their birth place, and date of birth, must be shown on the child's BC for it to be a valid Birth Certificate?

What about children born to mothers who do not know who the father was?

My friend's COLB doesn't list her father at all (they had divorced before she was born, and he didn't want anything to do with her or her mother, so her mother just didn't list the father)

What about children who were sent into adoption? Their BC would not contain their parent's information (they would actually get an amended BC)

-

Actually, those are not "three types of birth certificates" ----- These are all about births in Hawaii and how they are reported to the Department of Health.

One: We know that he was born in a Hospital so that fulfills a
Two: We know that his birth record was filed to the Department of Health by the Hospital within one week of his birth based on the Date found on his COLB so that negates b and C And shows that you have a misunderstanding of what a Delayed COLB is.

not supported by anything you have posted.

A "Delayed COLB" is a Birth Certificate that is issued, more than 1 year after a child's birth. (West Viriginia example linked)

States have various rules, but many agree on the "more than 1 year" requirement (Even texas)
VSU - Delayed Birth Record Registration
I said nothing about parents birth place.
They have to show their age (birth date)

FAQ - Expedited Passport Services | Urgent Passport Services

What is a certified birth certificate?

A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes. You can obtain a new certificate by contacting the state Dept. of Vital Records/Health Services or the county of your birth.
What do you mean by “long-form” birth certificate?

This birth certificate contains all relevant birth information including: 1) Mother’s name and age at time of birth 2) Father’s name and age at time of birth 3) Filing date and number 4) Hospital of birth (perhaps). If any of this information is missing, you probably do not have a valid birth certificate.
(for passport)

If divorced, you have to submit certified divorce decree as well.

If a parent does not know who the father is it is
probably simply stated as "unknown".

What I mean by three types of birth certificates, I mean
circumstance of birth.

Obama might have held onto his first passport, and
renewed that repeatedly, so that he never would have
to show his original birth certificate again.

Actually, I don't know that he was born in a
hospital. Do you have physical documented
proof of that. I also don't know what his
birth circumstance was, because I haven't
seen the original birth certificate.

I say c) because if it was really a) he'd
release that in a flash.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:42 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:
I said nothing about parents birth place.
They have to show their age (birth date)

FAQ - Expedited Passport Services | Urgent Passport Services

What is a certified birth certificate?

A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes. You can obtain a new certificate by contacting the state Dept. of Vital Records/Health Services or the county of your birth.
What do you mean by “long-form” birth certificate?

This birth certificate contains all relevant birth information including: 1) Mother’s name and age at time of birth 2) Father’s name and age at time of birth 3) Filing date and number 4) Hospital of birth (perhaps). If any of this information is missing, you probably do not have a valid birth certificate.
(for passport)

If divorced, you have to submit certified divorce decree as well.

If a parent does not know who the father is it is
probably simply stated as "unknown".

What I mean by three types of birth certificates, I mean
circumstance of birth.

Obama might have held onto his first passport, and
renewed that repeatedly, so that he never would have
to show his original birth certificate again.

Actually, I don't know that he was born in a
hospital. Do you have physical documented
proof of that. I also don't know what his
birth circumstance was, because I haven't
seen the original birth certificate.

I say c) because if it was really a) he'd
release that in a flash.
Notice the word probably? This is just meant to be helpful information so people don't bring the wrong forms which happens a lot. Read the State Department links posted above for the actual legally required information, which the HI COLB satisfies.

Again, the HI COLB that Obama has posted is a certified legal copy of his birth certificate and is a valid accepted document for obtaining a passport, and any other legal need to prove US birth. I used to process I-9 information on HI employees, the COLB is a valid legal document. There is nothing mysterious, or unusual about his form, I saw many of them, they are legal proof of US birth.

Last edited by detshen; 04-24-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies