Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
How long has he been in office
doesn't matter.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
You do know some people are born at home. Or by
Midwife.
So what? The form they fill out is the same form that the hospitals fill out.

Quote:
Well, at least it has a little more info that HI's
and it includes ages of parents as well.
Then what about Tennessee?

Or New York?

Tennessee's BC is shorter than Hawaii's and New York's has the same information as Hawaii's...why do these two states BC's pass the "official" test but not Hawaii's?

Quote:
But this is
just if you do it online, right? See I think the big
difference is we are comparing folks born in the
electronic generation, and those born when there
were no computers.
No. What i linked to were the mail in forms (you print, fill out and mail it in with your payment). Online forms for Colorado and Mississippit goes through vitalcheck.com (same as Arizona).

Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
doesn't matter.
I asked you about MS, because I know for an
absolute fact - you can get a long form.

You are just showing examples of what you can
get/do online. Go to a vital records office in person,
and request your long form - you will get it.
Same goes for Colorado.

Nice try though.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 04-25-2011 at 02:24 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:

get online. Go to a vital records in person,
No you can't. Some states do NOT provide the long form PERIOD. They do NOT give it out. Get it?? No matter how many times you suggest that they do, it doesn't make it true.

Not to mention the simple little thing called convenience, now I live on Long Island (born there as well), why should I need to or choose to or travel all the way up to Albany to get a copy of my birth certificate when I can mail in an application or purchase it online and have it mailed to me??

Many states have changed to computerized records, and only short forms are provided, that doesn't really change if someone asks for it online, by mail or goes in person. When it comes down to it a certified copy of a birth certificate is a certified copy of a birth certificate.

If a state certified copy of a birth certificate isn't enough for someone, then that person really does need to be fitted for a straight jacket because they are all sorts of crazy.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
I linked ot the forms that you fill out and mail in.
I stated that the online forms are through vitalcheck.com

Please show me on this form for MS where you can request a Long form:
http://msdh.ms.gov/phs/forms/form522e_20090529.pdf

Please go down to the DoH in Mississippi and get a copy of the form they provide in the offices if its different than their print-out-and-mail-in form.

Or simply: Mississippi just offers long forms and doesn't have Abstract forms? Ever thought of that?

Quote:
get online. Go to a vital records office in person,
Same goes for Colorado.
Sorry, but I go by what is available on their website. Please provide their forms (that they provide at the offices) and come back to us with a recent COLB request

HOwever, Hawaii has the same form on their website (for mail in requests) as they do when you walk into the offices on Punchbowl.

I posted an image of what a woman received for her daughter's birth record (for a March 2010 birth) and it coincides with the other Colorado BC's that have been posted online. If its a newborn child, why is Colorado only providing an ABSTRACT form instead of a "full long form" - wouldn't parents receive a long form first without asking for it? And subsequent copies would be just the abstract? Kind of mean of Colorado isn't it?

Why don't you go down to your CO DoH and request a copy and tell us what they provide you with and help with the comparative research being done on this site:
http://www.thefogbow.com/disembodied/states

No one from Colorado has offered to get their COLB, so do us a favor and provide us with what Colorado currently offers.

Why, did you however, ignore that the colorado COLB doesn't contain a doctor's signature? or Hospital name?

Quote:
What ever weird law they have in HI, in person,
they don't have in other states, maybe a few.
Explain New York's COLB.

Last edited by Arus; 04-25-2011 at 02:32 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:

No one from Colorado has offered to get their COLB, so do us a favor and provide us with what Colorado currently offers.

Why, did you however, ignore that the colorado COLB doesn't contain a doctor's signature? or Hospital name?

Explain New York's COLB.
Because on a short form, it doesn't have to show
a doctors name or signature, never has. Short forms
are when you need proof of who you are quick.

I can't explain anything about NY. Being from the
south, I'm still trying to understand them

Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 AM

Wow. even Illinois is "barren" of information

http://www.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i1535303_mom-birth-web.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Because on a short form, it doesn't have to show
a doctors name or signature, never has. Short forms
are when you need proof of who you are quick.
Uh, no. Abstract forms are just easier to print out. Nothing about being quick. State that still offer long forms can print out a copy just as fast as states who offer abstract forms

Quote:
I can't explain anything about NY. Being from the
south, I'm still trying to understand them
Yet, New York's BC;s are just fine and dandy, with less information ,but Hawaii's COLB (with parents names and race) is not?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Wow. even Illinois is "barren" of information
Probably because the state has no money
I'm telling you, the vaguer these forms get, the
more illegal aliens we're are going to get. They
will probably be reduced to "You were born"

I'm going to end this, because whether Obama
has real details or not about his birth, the real
issues facing this country are tremendous. I
for one, will not be voting for him. I hope Ron
Paul decides to run: So, I'll end with his message:

YouTube - Hardball April 19 2011

Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,877 times
Perhaps we need to limit candidates to those that have birth certificates from states where we approve of the form? I remember when people were lining up requirements and opinions as to what form of military service their candidate had, and why it was better, or why someone else's was not patriotic. Same old.

I really can't believe the views on this thread given all that has happened the last 12 years. The candidates have figured out the average intelligence of the voter, and they're having fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies