Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
In the early 60's?
All of the birth records in Hawaii became digital and computerized in 2000.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:09 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I agree; I'd love to see mine.

I was just at the Hawaii Vital Records website, and they do not offer the long-form option, either. Here's the application form (PDF). You will see that there is no option for what certificate you get.
Maybe if you go into certain Island or County records offices they let you have an option.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
All of the birth records in Hawaii became digital and computerized in 2000.
So they threw out all of the originals from prior to 2000?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
In the early 60's?
Unfortunately, we can't go back in time to when they provided a certified photocopy or whatever they gave you. Now we only get what they provide, which is a certified printout of information digitally stored.

Just think - if we could go back in time, how many people would want to be in the delivery room?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
So they threw out all of the originals from prior to 2000?
I'm not sure what they did, but the actual LEGAL Birth Certificates are all computerized and stored digitally.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe if you go into certain Island or County records offices they let you have an option.
They might, but I don't think so, based on the walk-in section of the information page:

Quote:
When applying in person, the applicant must show a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a State ID, driver's license, etc.

Certified copies are usually not issued on the day the application is made. Same-Day service may be provided upon presentation of written documentation establishing the need for urgency. Certified copies will normally be available for pick-up about 10 working days after the request is approved. The pick-up time may be extended for records that are very old, because the search to locate the record may take longer, or in the process of being filed, because the official record is still being created.

Sounds like there's no option. I don't know what they mean by "very old", though. I'm guessing prior to the time they have them entered into their computer system.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The Executive Order 13489 Fallacy - Blogcritics Politics

Executive Order 13489 is virtually the same as Executive Order 123283, which President George W. Bush issued early in his presidency and which it replaced. That executive order is in turn virtually identical to its predecessor Executive Order 12667 which was issued by President Reagan. All of these orders deal specifically with the National Archive and its role in preserving presidential papers and records. The orders refer only to records generated by the office of the President during his administration which have been kept by the National Archive since that institution was created in 1934.
Starting with Reagan it has been the practice of successive presidents to keep their operating records secret until a later date when they are made public as part of the comprehensive record of their presidency.
Not really...

Obama made it so that only his counsel and his AG could review requests for his information - he could over-ride the FOIA at his whim.

Question is why?

What's he hiding?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
I can get a copy of my long form birth certificate tomorrow. I already told you I have a copy at home. I also have the legal computerized abstract at home.

I wasn't born in this country? That's rich.
So get it, and scan it in. You can redact your name. I want to see tomorrow's date on it. I want to see what Ill. gives out now.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So get it, and scan it in. You can redact your name. I want to see tomorrow's date on it. I want to see what Ill. gives out now.
He can get it; Illinois gives you the option. Pennsylvania & Hawaii don't, though.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The Executive Order 13489 Fallacy - Blogcritics Politics

Executive Order 13489 is virtually the same as Executive Order 123283, which President George W. Bush issued early in his presidency and which it replaced. That executive order is in turn virtually identical to its predecessor Executive Order 12667 which was issued by President Reagan. All of these orders deal specifically with the National Archive and its role in preserving presidential papers and records. The orders refer only to records generated by the office of the President during his administration which have been kept by the National Archive since that institution was created in 1934.
Starting with Reagan it has been the practice of successive presidents to keep their operating records secret until a later date when they are made public as part of the comprehensive record of their presidency.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, a "legal birth certificate" with no signatures.
The only signature mine has is a rubber-stamped signature of the director of the department of public health of Pennsylvania. Mine was issued in 1965.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Not really...

Obama made it so that only his counsel and his AG could review requests for his information - he could over-ride the FOIA at his whim.

Question is why?

What's he hiding?
Prove it. That executive order is exactly what Gary says it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies