Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,239,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are aware this thing you posted is not a legal BC? I bet it even says that on there somewhere. My kids' hospital souvenir BCs do. I posted the exact wording on some birther thread yesterday.
It does - it says "This is your family's heirloom record".

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 03-30-2011 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: corrected quote

Old 03-30-2011, 08:51 PM

24,450 posts, read 33,122,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Unfortunately Anthony, that's not an official birth certificate. It's a very nice hospital souvenir. The Donald made the same "oversight" the first time. Note that the very bottom of your certificate, which states that "the law requires that the original certificate (not this document) be filed with the Vital Statistics Office from which an official copy may be obtained."

I'm sorry that you don't respect the Tenth Amendment right of the state of Hawaii to devise its birth certificates as it sees fit.
Mine was enough to satisfy employers. And it has more info than Obama's has!

Obviously, the state keeps the original. Mine is a copy of the original.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:51 PM

22,097 posts, read 19,303,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He was born the same year as I was. It would be nice to see one with more info.
He was born in a different state, different states keep records in a different matter.

Oh btw

Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
It does - it says "This is your family's heirloom record".
Yes, it would be kind of silly for the hospital to give the parents an illegal document!

BTW, I am not an "official" birther; I was want to see something other than a COLB.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:55 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,145,647 times
Quote:
Yes, it would be kind of silly for the hospital to give the parents an illegal document!

BTW, I am not an "official" birther; I was want to see something other than a SOLB.
It's a COLB and it is what the state of Hawaii provides since 2001...

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,396,615 times
Quote:
He was born the same year as I was. It would be nice to see one with more info.
And the state of Hawaii has the right under the Tenth Amendment to tell you that they will design their birth certificates as they see fit so long as they meet the minimum federal guidelines for obtaining a passport.

Quote:
Mine was enough to satisfy employers.
Good for you, but your employers have accepted a non-official birth certificate.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,239,371 times
Quote:

BTW, I am not an "official" birther; I was want to see something other than a SOLB.
It's more of a commemorative edition than an official document, that's the thing. Employers will accept them as proof that you were born in the US, but to get a passport and to do many other things, you need a certified copy. These days, a certified copy does not include extraneous information like what hospital you were born in. Relevant information is basically your full name at birth, when you were born, in what city/state you were born, your parents' full names, and when your birth was registered. The State Department does not care how cute your little footprints are, or how long you were, or how much you weighed. These are irrelevant to proving that you were born in the US.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
It's a COLB and it is what the state of Hawaii provides since 2001...
Sounds fishy to me that the only type of document would have no signatures on it. Even weekly paychecks have signatures!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:
Mine was enough to satisfy employers. And it has more info than Obama's has!

Obviously, the state keeps the original. Mine is a copy of the original.
No, it's not! I used to work in OB, I've made many of those BCs myself. Yours is a souvenir. "The law requires that the original certificate (not this document) be filed at the vital statistics office at (insert address) from which an official copy may be obtained." The form that goes to the dept. of vital statistics is much different. An employer might accept your certificate, and especially may have accepted it years ago, but it will NOT get you a passport. What's this stuff with employers anyway? I have worked for many employers, including government employers, and have NEVER been asked to show a BC. Lately, within the last few years, I've had to check a form that says I'm in the US legally due to being a US citizen, but that's IT!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,299,883 times
I can't remember the last time an employer wanted to see my BC before I got hired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies