Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
If you cared to read the first link it's a democrat that made the assertion.
"Democrat" Phil Berg. You may have also heard of him from his lawsuits against the government accusing it of complicity in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, or his multiple occasions of being found to commit malpractice.

Quote:
There are too many indications that something is amiss for me to state with a certainty either way. I would like to believe he is a U.S. Citizen, But when his paternal grandmother, and half brother and sister all claim he was born in Kenya.
Please provide links to where you read that Obama's half brother and sister claiming that Obama was born in Kenya.

As for the step-grandmother: Here's the truth: 'Birther' claims are just plain nuts | McClatchy

Quote:
Despite Berg's assertions, the response didn't actually confirm a birth in Kenya. Moreover, a longer version of the tape shows the elder Obama decidedly denying a Kenyan birth immediately after the first tape was cut off.
"I would like to go by the place, the hospital where he was born. Can you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?" McRae is heard asking.
"Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America," the translator says after talking to the woman.
"I thought he was born in Kenya," McRae asks again.
"He was born in America, not in Mombasa," says the response. Another response later says, "Obama in Hawaii. Hawaii. She says he was born in Hawaii."
Quote:
Unless you wish to call all of them liars....
I might wish to call you a liar...

Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I have to ask the Trumpies: WHY would an investigator allegedly on the trail of suspected wrong-dong warn people he was coming?
Maybe to pressure someone into making a mistake or deciding to spill the beans. Some people cannot handle too much pressure as shown in many posts right here in this thread.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It wouldn't show you were born in Hawaii if you were born elsewhere.....
you obviously haven't heard about the 1982 ammendment to add a 4th type of BC in Hawaii.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right- it is a faxed copy of the computer generated "record" of his birth certificate. That is a little different than a copy of his birth certificate.

A fax copy of a computer generated copy is far from a valid "legal document".

You seem to be obsessed with race. Is it perhaps because you harbor hidden racist sentiments yourself, or because you simply use this retort in situations in which you can formulate a coherent response?

Perhaps..............just perhaps............. people do not like Obama, not because of his color, but because of his political incompetence. Maybe we should elect presidents based on "the content of their character, rather than the color of their skin". Racists, of course, would be more concerned with skin color than competence.
Go to this thread, third post on that page (#273 from Arus), those are the legal certified birth certificates throughout history for Hawaii.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-group-28.html

I'm using race as a retort because in this case its the only thing that fits, either that or straight jacket insanity. I'm not saying those that disagree with Obama's policies are racist or straight jacket insane. However, for the birthers its either or. Nothing else fits, when you have legal verified and certified documents that are still some how not enough.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Although I've never said so on C-D, I've felt the same way since this nonsense started a couple of years ago.

People can go on about how it is not his skin color, etc all they want...I don't buy it for a minute.
I don't buy it either, some of them make it so obvious.

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
False. Abercrombie said no such thing. Obama's original records are in archives. They're not missing. WND or whatever birther site you read has lied to you.

How come you didn't post a link SourD? I thought you said it's a TOS violation not to do so!

Anyway, you omitted some very important information from your "belief."

‘Birther’ Movement Dogs Republicans | The Washington Independent
You do know that there are FOUR different types of BC's that you can get from Hawaii don't you? I didn't think so, here:

As of 1982 you can get a 4th kind of BC in Hawaii and you didn't even have to be born there, your parents only needed 1 year of residency
Quote:
2. In 1982, the vital records law was amended to create a fourth kind of birth certificate for children born outside of the Territory or State of Hawaii. HRS Chapter 338 was amended to add a new section authorizing the Director of the Department of Health to issue a birth certificate for a person NOT born in Hawaii either as a Territory or State, upon sufficient proof that the legal parents of such individual had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth of such child.
Count the ways to get Hawaii 'birth certificate'

Hawaii Birth Certificates – Overview | Native and Natural Born Citizenship Explored

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post

We have a right to see those documents.
No you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

Third, the Certification offered as proof is not enough for me and millions of others. Saying it is does not make it so. In Obamas book "Dreams" he talked about finding his BC, why hasn't he shown it, it would be an original.
There are so many made-up "quotes" that supposedly came from his books that actually didn't, that I don't believe any of the allegations without a scanned image of the page it was printed on.

But even if I did believe it? How old was he when he allegedly claimed to have found it? In whose possession did it stay after he found it -- his, his mother's, his grandparents'? How many times has he moved since allegedly finding this alleged document? Any evidence whatsoever that he would still have this alleged document that he allegedly found decades ago, amongst papers that weren't his to begin with?

People misplace important documents all the time, including original birth certificates. That's why there's a mechanism in place to have them replaced with CERTIFIED COPIES upon request by the individual they belong to..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
As for the money spent, I don't know for sure how much but I do know that lawyers, defending lawsuits, are not cheap and there is an allegation that he used campaign funds to hire these lawyers that has never been fully investigated.
There's no secret here. The Obama for America campaign engaged the services of a law firm, Perkins Coie, and disclosed all payments made to them. Here's one. Here's another one. And another one. Retaining attorneys is common practice for all presidential campaigns. This allegation that somehow this hasn't been fully investigated is complete bull$4it.
Quote:

You can't sit there and tell me he didn't take student loans. He did, so he should reval the applications.

So where are the application forms and the grades release from both Columbia and Harvard?
He doesn't have to reveal any of that information to you or anyone else.
Quote:

If the student loans were Government Guaranteed Student loans made through private banks, then we as taxpayers have the right to see the loan applications and the loan paperwork themselves. Simple enough?
Simple, but false.
Quote:

Noooooo.............Because some presidents relased their student records, like GWB, should Obama do it? Doesn't have to, but if he was such a great student what is the harm? We saw Kerry's and Kennedy's student records.

As far as the loans, we have a right as taxpayers to see the loan paperwork if they were made trhough the Gov'T Guaranteed Studnet loan program or even a Pell Grant.
You don't have that right, and Bush and Kerry's student records were hacked and leaked, not released by either of them. This has been debunked over and over and over. The grandmother said no such thing, and the fake Kenyan BC was a photoshop of a man named David Jeffrey's AUSTRALIAN birth certificate. This is all old news, so why do you persist in perpetrating it?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
False. Abercrombie said no such thing. Obama's original records are in archives. They're not missing. WND or whatever birther site you read has lied to you.

How come you didn't post a link SourD? I thought you said it's a TOS violation not to do so!

Anyway, you omitted some very important information from your "belief."

‘Birther’ Movement Dogs Republicans | The Washington Independent
I answered your post I hope you are not running from my question. Would Trump be legally eligible to run for and hold the office of POTUS and why?

Obama said in his book that he found his BC, where is it?

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
The Birthers! The Birthers! Trump is an idiot for even raising this bogus issue!

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
There may be no other reason for YOU, but that does not give you the right to accuse others of doing something that you only think they have done without actual proof of it.

Race baiting is exactly what you are doing.
There is no reason why ANYONE should think he wasn't born here. With the fact a state certified copy of his birth certificate has been publicly released, the fact it falls in line with exactly what Hawaii provides when someone asks for a copy of their birth certificate, the documents that show the application to order a birth certificate, etc. No other reason other than either racism or pure insanity exist on why someone would not believe Obama's state verified and certified birth certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies