Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
First of all this isn't a "let's smear Trump" thread.
Second, regardless if he said it was 100 percent sold,
in 2006, if you had sold 3/4 of anything in Vegas -
would be almost a miracle. The economy there was
already falling. So, he's excited about his ventures.
So he puffs up his wealth. He is a business man.
The Thumper is a birther. Smear and ridicule is appropriate for such people.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
"under the jurisdiction of" doesn't mean dual countries.
Actually it doesn't. Under the Jurisdiction of means that you are on that COUNTRY's soil, and only if you are not an abmassador and/or a enemy combatant on US Soil.

That is why even illegal aliens children who are born on US soil are citizens at birth.

Wow, talk about twisting definitions.

Quote:
The focus of this thread is our current President, however, I do not believe Jefferson renounced his citizenship.
Nice hand wave.

Quote:
You are playing a trick suggesting that because he lived there, he was a citizen of France. He was minister to France 1784-1789.
Uh, NO I'm not.

REad this again.

A general abridgment and digest of ... - Google Books

Quote:
According to the usages and understanding of all nations a man may have all the rights of a naturalized citizen or subject in his adopted country, and yet retain all his relations, civil and political, in his native country. For instances, the Marqui La Fayette was naturalized in the United States, but retained every such relation to France. So Mr. Jefferson was naturalized in France and there made a French citizen, and he had gone there would have been entitled to all the rights there of an adopted citizen, but he certainly retained all his relations to the United States, his rights and duties as a native citizen, and was in fact after such naturalization, elected President of the United States.

Quote:
My grandfather was Irish, that does not make me Irish.
Before 1986, as Kennedy was born, he was considered an Irish Citizen because of his Grandfather (who was born in Ireland). He automatically became an Irish Citizen at birth.

Thereby he held two citizenship at birth: US Citizenship and Irish Citizenship

He didn't renounce his Irish Citizenship (as it wasn't required at the time he was born and his life).

Quote:
A person may be an Irish citizen through birth, descent, marriage to an Irish citizen or through naturalisation.
Quote:
My father was a U.S. citizen, as my mother, and I was born here, making me a natural born.
And so is Obama, for being born on US Soil.

As with any child born on US Soil.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh the Thumper pumper is so entertaining.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Hardly entertaining, personally I'm sick of seeing/listening to that narcissistic egomaniac
blowhard liar...

Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Your point?\
Meaning that you are claiming a double standard.

It's alright for Kennedy to be a dual citizen at birth (of which he never renounced his Irish Citizenship)

yet its not fine for Obama (who held British citizenship from birth, but never affirmed it at age 23, which was required to keep that citizenship).

So he's been a US Citizen since birth, and hasn't had British citizenship for nearly 30 years, yet he isn't a natural born?

Old 04-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You are playing games. They both met the requirement of being born on U.S. soils, to 2 U.S. citizens. This isn't that hard.
I'm not playing games. I'm showing that your reasoning is severely flawed

Kennedy was a dual citizen at birth

Jefferson became a dual citizen by becoming a French Citizen

Old 04-24-2011, 02:26 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
They both met the requirement of being born on U.S. soils, to 2 U.S. citizens. This isn't that hard.
you still have yet to point out a single constitutional expert that agrees with this definition.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:28 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,150 times
Quote:
You are playing games. They both met the requirement of being born on U.S. soils, to 2 U.S. citizens. This isn't that hard.
There is not a single current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor who agrees with your interpretation of the natural born citizen clause. There have been former Presidents, VPs, major party nominees and candidates who had alien parents, and none of them had their eligibility for office seriously questioned on that basis.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'd like to think that i was that noble and my motives were to fight for the truth...... but in all honesty it's a morbid fascination that drives me.
That's understandable, birthers are an odd phenomena. I do believe in the truth first, but I suppose I am also motivated by an extreme aversion to stupidity, and people who ignore all real evidence in favor of silly theories.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

He can't provide something that he doesn't have. Why do you think that he has it?

BTW you have no right to see any documents unless they are publicly published. The COLB is a private document.

Most young adults in the 1960's-1970's were concerned
about a birth certificate, if they worked. You are treating
Obama, as if he was a baby, and went to his mother for
everything, after the age of 16.

I'm not interested in a COLB of a person born in another
country. You didn't have to send in your BC when you
renewed your passport, because they already have it on
file. So, they would have Obama's as well. That practice
of giving certificates of live birth to those not born in hospitals in HI, by affidavit, was going on long before 1982.

You can skip past the first guy .....

YouTube - Tim Adams Obama not born in Hawaii, Hawaii election official in 2008, No birth certificate

I feel exactly as Lou Dobbs feels on this issue:
"I personally believe Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States"

Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
I do not believe that Obama was born in the United States. Doesn't matter to me who else says he was. If that makes me "stupid" to those who think he is a US citizen, I don't care.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 04-24-2011 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies