Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 02:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm with you, there are going to be a lot of Americans with rib pain tonight from laughing at those fools.
Well, the American people built up those muscles quite a bit from laughing at the Bush was AWOL and the truthers that still come up, ten years later.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,094 times
Quote:
This also raises issues as to why the media repeatedly has told us that Obama was not able to obtain original documentation when clearly he was able to do so.

That is something, I still find troubling.
Tells me, they are no longer doing their job.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Wow you just have no idea how absolutely ridiculous your posts come across, do you?

You even went as far to say "it doesn't matter what it shows."

That comment alone tells us all we need to know about your stance on this "issue."

LOL, the left is spinng so wildly. It doesn't matter what it showed because only loons thought it would show anything other than what it showed.

Yet Obama caved to a loon, and you think it makes him look good. Too funny. Obama is damaged because of this.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,548,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Quote:
This also raises issues as to why the media repeatedly has told us that Obama was not able to obtain original documentation when clearly he was able to do so.

This is a no-win situation for the president. Had he asked for a waiver originally, he would've been accused of thinking he was above the law.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,325,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Quote:

Nothing troubling about it. It took a special wavier from the state of Hawaii to get the job done. The average citizen off the street cannot get a copy of their long from from the state. No contradiction at all. Follow the chain of correspondence that made it possible here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...espondence.pdf

Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,956,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Find where Trump said Obama has no BC for us. You're not going to be able to because Trump never said Obama didn't have a BC. What he did say is "I hear" and "they say".

Do you know what that means? With not much more than hearsay Trump got Obama to do exactly what he wanted him to do.

It's that simple, Sherlock.
Let's not pretend that this helps Trump more than Obama. Actually, I hope Trump sticks around and keeps doing what he's doing because I know many people who are thrilled about Trump and will gladly split the Republican vote and guarantee Obama's victory in 2012. Obama didn't cave into Trump's demand, he used this as an opportunity to trump Trump, end of story Holmes (Since you called me Sherlock).

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You've provided only one question with a comment.

I believe both men have some similarities, but they are a contrast in style.

1. Both men set out to get what they wanted and got it: Trump wanted to be rich and famous and Obama wanted to be POTUS. So, both men have a lot of determination.

2. After the first two years of his term, I began to dislike Obama because he appeared weak, spineless and not tough enough.

I hadn't realized, until today, that Obama can be ruthless, but his ruthlessness is hard to detect. He deploys his weapons when and if it suits him. He doesn't overplay his hand. He doesn't make too much noise, so he ends up "coming out of nowhere". Cunning. Excellent guerrilla tactic, just ask any Vietnam era infantry man.

Trump is ruthless too, but he is loud and bombastic which allows you to see he's coming from a mile away. Trump's favorite tactic is one of intimidation which works very well in the business world, but it isn't always successful in politics/governing.

Politics and wars are ruthless games. Ruthlessness doesn't necessarily make them bad people, especially in their respective fields.

Just my quick 0.02 cents.

I think you view is in the minority. I think most sane people thought the whole issue was silly and wished it would go away. Most people saw a loony TV gameshow host goad the President, and they saw him take the bait. It was a very weak move. The polls will tell who is right.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,325,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think you view is in the minority. I think most sane people thought the whole issue was silly and wished it would go away. Most people saw a loony TV gameshow host goad the President, and they saw him take the bait. It was a very weak move. The polls will tell who is right.
By calling Trump a "loony TV gameshow host" are you now trying to distance yourself from the whole birther movement? I seem to recall you being on that bandwagon until the big reveal.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,025,755 times
Default So now that you know he's American Donald Trump...

Can you show us how your really plan to help turn America around? I fail to see how America continues to allow politicians to come in and ultimately take office when their only claim to fame is being able to cause distractions? Donald Trump in a business man, who despite how successful he has been, has also had some financial failures (I'll take "who filed for bankruptcy but thinks he can be relied on to get the WHOLE country outta debt for $500, ALEX). Instead of basing his campain on what he thinks the current president is doing wrong, when is he (or any other candidate) going to really show the AMERICAN people how he plans to turn this country around. Time out for distractions and games AMERICAN people are suffering and need someone who is truly going to stand up and change things. At least OBAMA is trying to do that. What's everyone else doing??

Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,775,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Not really. That may have been what it looked like to you but to most other people they saw Trump make a request, rather bluntly, and he got exactly what he asked for.

On the other side, though, Obama never asked for dropping poll numbers and he is still holding that side of the court down, regardless...
I'm sure that the way you see it soothes your plantation soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies