Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No one is for war.
Except all Presidents, Democratic and Republican alike, who are addicted to starting wars that bankrupt our nation and murder and maim our young men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you supported Bush's wars?
I was all for the war in Afganistan but was totally against the war in Iraq.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why do you think EVERY Republican and Conservative is FOR war ?
If you recall it was a DEM controlled Congress that told Bush it was OK to bomb the heck out of Iraq.
Excuse me, but when we invaded Iraq, I do believe Repubs were in control of all 3 houses.

I find it amusing that when Bush was in office, all republicans were for the war and totally against time tables but now that Obama is in office, they are against the wars and for time tables.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
"Hey... we don't need Iran anymore... Now we've got Libya"...

"Hello... Anyone?... Buehler?... Anyone?...
It is a very stupid person who doesn't learn from the failures of the past.

obama is yet again trying to please everyone.

He's a day late and a dollar short. He held out (hid out) for three weeks, until the pressure got too strong.

IMO, he should have taken a stance when this thing started. A leader does. One way of another, he should have taken a stand and stuck with it.

Thank God a "man" like him wasn't POTUS when WW2 started!

We'd all be speaking German and Japanese today.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Excuse me, but when we invaded Iraq, I do believe Repubs were in control of all 3 houses.

I find it amusing that when Bush was in office, all republicans were for the war and totally against time tables but now that Obama is in office, they are against the wars and for time tables.
What I find amusing is the FACT that the drum beat of war with Iraq started under the clinton administration.

This is totally overlooked by the left. It's inconvenient for them to tell the truth.

I have a problem with the left consistently stating that Bush lied about the danger that saddam hussein posed to the world.

Many democrats voted for the war resolution.

Here is a link that you should look at.

It shows prominent democrat quotes about saddam hussein, starting in 1998 while Bush was still the Governor of Texas.

I mean, if you REALLY want the truth that will defy your view of the facts....

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 AM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Another intelligent one that does not know how our government is structured.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
"Hey... we don't need Iran anymore... Now we've got Libya"...

"Hello... Anyone?... Buehler?... Anyone?...
Because a Republican didn't start it. All of a sudden conservatives care about military and war spending. Funny, I remember when good ol' Dubya was in charge we could "spare no expense in defense of freedom."

Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It is a very stupid person who doesn't learn from the failures of the past.

obama is yet again trying to please everyone.

He's a day late and a dollar short. He held out (hid out) for three weeks, until the pressure got too strong.

IMO, he should have taken a stance when this thing started. A leader does. One way of another, he should have taken a stand and stuck with it.

Thank God a "man" like him wasn't POTUS when WW2 started!

We'd all be speaking German and Japanese today.
Yeah! Because we didn't wait to get attacked until we jumped into WWII...oh wait. I am having a recollection of some devastating attack in the Pacific. For some reason the world "Pearl" really rings a bell.

Thank god we had a all American rough and tough and ready to rumble cowboy like W in the White House so he could jump right into the war against tyranny without "waiting too long." Oh wait, I'm remembering a certain day in September in the year 2001. Weird.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What I find amusing is the FACT that the drum beat of war with Iraq started under the clinton administration.

This is totally overlooked by the left. It's inconvenient for them to tell the truth.

I have a problem with the left consistently stating that Bush lied about the danger that saddam hussein posed to the world.

Many democrats voted for the war resolution.

Here is a link that you should look at.

It shows prominent democrat quotes about saddam hussein, starting in 1998 while Bush was still the Governor of Texas.

I mean, if you REALLY want the truth that will defy your view of the facts....

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes
So where are they? Where are the WMD's?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama is nothing but a WAR MONGER.
Haha. This right here proves that it's just politics. There's nothing rational in their vitriolic hatred of their president. The extremists were frothing at the lips to invade Iran. You never heard about being in too many wars. Now that it's "the other guy", they just say no to everything.

Funny thing is, Obama's purposely minimizing our role in Libya, yet the hatred for the guy just never ends. Sometimes all you can do is role your eyes.

And, he actually ended the war in Iraq. We have 50,000 troops helping with the transition and it's still volatile, but we are no longer in that war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies