U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:45 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 5,951,308 times
Reputation: 1501

Advertisements

Well, the teacher is no longer at the school and the school has just paid $16,000 for violating a partisan politics agreement.

Report: Cincinnati Public Schools Pay $16G to Settle Partisan Voting Suit - FoxNews.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 79,028,828 times
Reputation: 27669
Good. Politics does not belong in school. Sadly I think it is too late and is deeply rooted in politics now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 5,951,308 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good. Politics does not belong in school. Sadly I think it is too late and is deeply rooted in politics now.
I agree. After personal experience and much research on this, I am at the point of thinking that bipartisan parent representatives need to audit all history, civics, social studies and economics classes! Heck, maybe just all classes! Oh well, just home school...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM
 
9,849 posts, read 7,732,869 times
Reputation: 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good. Politics does not belong in school. Sadly I think it is too late and is deeply rooted in politics now.
With union involved teachers you can't avoid socialism being taught to your children. you have to undo all the damage daily when they get home.
We need more school choice, time for vouchers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 79,028,828 times
Reputation: 27669
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
With union involved teachers you can't avoid socialism being taught to your children. you have to undo all the damage daily when they get home.
We need more school choice, time for vouchers.
Not all states have union teachers. And field trips do have to be approved by the administration.

This is not just a teacher acting alone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 5,951,308 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not all states have union teachers. And field trips do have to be approved by the administration.

This is not just a teacher acting alone.
Yep. Principal approved this "field trip." Wonder if she is still at the school? (Shouldn't be.)

"McFadden and other volunteers took 31 students to the Board of Elections Oct. 13 to vote, then for ice cream. Hughes High School Principal Virginia Rhodes authorized the trip."

Read more: Report: Cincinnati Public Schools Pay $16G to Settle Partisan Voting Suit - FoxNews.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
 
16,863 posts, read 10,693,314 times
Reputation: 15480
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Well, the teacher is no longer at the school and the school has just paid $16,000 for violating a partisan politics agreement.

Report: Cincinnati Public Schools Pay $16G to Settle Partisan Voting Suit - FoxNews.com
No, the taxpayers paid the fine. And since it didn't affect any of these people directly, it will happen again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
 
12,869 posts, read 17,151,633 times
Reputation: 8947
They used to do that with adults who could actually vote, with coffee and donuts. This is no less sleazy. Lucky for the GOP it was the deems this time!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 5,951,308 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, the taxpayers paid the fine. And since it didn't affect any of these people directly, it will happen again.
Ahhhhhh. "POP" There sometimes really is no justice in life. Well, maybe they are scared into not doing it again. Although, there was something in the article to suggest this was not the first time.

What is the solution?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 5,951,308 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
They used to do that with adults who could actually vote, with coffee and donuts. This is no less sleazy. Lucky for the GOP it was the deems this time!
Worse with public school kids whose education and classroom time; i.e., the bus that drove them to the polls are paid for with our tax dollars. And these kids did vote!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top