Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be a patriotic American while hating half of Americans
1. Yes 35 58.33%
2. No 25 41.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Agreed with Cavaturaccioli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Those were gonna be my exact words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What???? How in gods name did you come up with that conclusion. Please show me where I made that assumption.
Really???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Where in my statement did I say anything about conservatives. What premise did I state? A bunch of accusations but nothing to back it up.

Hmmm
Are you for real?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Oh boy! Another racism thread. I guess we hadn't hit our quota for the day.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Are you for real?
Nice way of avoiding a simple question. Something tells me that I'm not going to get an answer

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Looks like I hit a raw nerve. If you don't despise any of the groups I mentioned, why would you be offended by it. I never accused you or singled out any person. Hmmm.... Quite telling.

I'd like one of these apologists to explain to me what premise I laid out.

crickets.......
There is a difference between "hating" and "despising" a group of people and taking certain exceptions with some of their actions. You seem to see things in black and white. Unless you're extremely ignorant, you should be able to see the error in the premise of your thread. Then again, liberals are funny creatures......

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,369 times
I thought, when I saw the title that this would be about if Savoir Faire thinks it can be patriotic when it hates conservatives, which are half of Americans. That would have been much more accurate.

And since when have conservatives even shown the mildest of dislike towards Asians? Liberals are much worse because we have to work harder because of your affirmative action programs. Thanks for liking us so much.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Looks like I hit a raw nerve. If you don't despise any of the groups I mentioned, why would you be offended by it. I never accused you or singled out any person. Hmmm.... Quite telling.

I'd like one of these apologists to explain to me what premise I laid out.

crickets.......
who says I was offended by the groups you mentioned. I am offended by your post. I am of a certain race and sexeual oriantation and dont need you to defend me or challenge me or start polls about me on a public forum. your poll is to start trouble and usless

Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,151 times
Quote:
I notice that some people who wear the patriotic label on their sleeve are the same people who constantly whine about Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, gays, Asians, and immigrants. If you add all these groups together you have half of the US population, probably more.

So can you be a patriotic American while you hate half of America??
The post isn't about Patriotism and you know that.
Second I don't hear the racist BS. I know its there but I chose not to listen. What I do have an issue with is that my GGG grand father came here and had to go through the process to become an American. Now my German cousin is here and simply wanting to attend collage. Shes willing to go through the motions to be in this country legally and follow the rules.
It pisses me off that you try to make a false claim of racial bigotry with a twisted presentation of reality.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-19-2011 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Yours is a bare-faced attempt to define conservatism as bigotry and it's a damned lie.
I disagree with this assessment. I think conservatives of late are having a very hard time discerning the difference between behavior they have grievances with and 'the vast left wing conspiracy' they've been fed for 50 odd years or longer. That would leave 80% of this nation in jail by your standards. Naturally, the rest of us have a huge problem with that mentality.

"IT" has been the thing defining conservative, which is no longer actually conservative, but fascist totalitarian tactics. Whatever Coulter, Limbaugh, and Beck think they are, they aren't conservative. They're another breed that isn't interested in being an actual American but revising history and the constitution to suit their personal agendas.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I disagree with this assessment. I think conservatives of late are having a very hard time discerning the difference between behavior they have grievances with and 'the vast left wing conspiracy' they've been fed for 50 odd years or longer. That would leave 80% of this nation in jail by your standards. Naturally, the rest of us have a huge problem with that mentality.

"IT" has been the thing defining conservative, which is no longer actually conservative, but fascist totalitarian tactics. Whatever Coulter, Limbaugh, and Beck think they are, they aren't conservative. They're another breed that isn't interested in being an actual American but revising history and the constitution to suit their personal agendas.
I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies