Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Do you actually think he would screw up this economy as Obama has, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. He has more business sense in his pinky then Obama has. He is smarter wiser, and i am more then sure People in other Countries would welcome him. He seems to really care about getting our economy back on track, and if anyone could do it, he would certainly know how. You gave Obamadunce a chance, why not someone with business smarts, and experience in knowing what to do and when to do it.
I agree!!

Obamadunce has destroyed this country in ways I never thought possible. He is beyond a dunce.

We need someone very strong to get us back on track. I am not saying Donald Trump is the best answer, but he is certainly better than the pathetic, idiotic person we have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The same can be said of every other president.
No, it can't.

Quote:
The nations economy is not the same as being an actor
The nations economy is not the same as being an author.. (Obamas only qualification)
etc..
The men you reference were politicians already before becoming President, no?

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is debatable, but at least they were more of a known quantity as legislators and leaders than someone who has never held an office of any level.

The Donald will not be getting my vote, should he decide to run.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
It would be like electing P.T. Barnum as president in the 1880s, except Barnum was a vastly superior businessman.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, it can't.

The men you reference were politicians already before becoming President, no?

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is debatable, but at least they were more of a known quantity as legislators and leaders than someone who has never held an office of any level.

The Donald will not be getting my vote, should he decide to run.
Obama had more known qualities as a legislator and a leader? Please.. Thats beyond ridiculous..

Kennedy, Eisenhower, Harrison, Grant, Lincoln, even Washington himself had no executive or legslative experience prior to becoming President. They all are considered fabulous presidents by many.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
We need someone very strong to get us back on track.
Hmmm."We need a strong man in charge", what does that remind me of? Something to do with making the trains run on time..

Old 03-20-2011, 11:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hmmm."We need a strong man in charge", what does that remind me of? Something to do with making the trains run on time..
I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to imply.
That there's a chilling historical precedent for those who wish for strong men in charge - it was the rallying cry in Italy in the 1930s, for instance. Just be careful what you wish for, is all I'm saying.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
The same can be said of every other president.
The nations economy is not the same as being an actor
The nations economy is not the same as being an author.. (Obamas only qualification)
etc..
Reagan was an actor before he became a pol. He just played a role the whole 8 years.

Obama was an Ill state sen (granted, not much to be proud of, but it was politics), a US senator, a law professor, and a lawyer in private practice before he became pres.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Obama had more known qualities as a legislator and a leader? Please.. Thats beyond ridiculous...
No, it isn't. Just because you don't like Obama doesn't mean he wasn't more of a political known quantity than Mr. Trump. Sorry.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The only time I've ever associated Trump with President is when I see the Hair club for men commercial.

"I'm not only the Hair club President, but I'm also a client"
he'd have to jump in the pool like Maury form Goodfellas before he'd get my vote..Trump for Pres.."Plugs for Everyone" he says
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies