Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

I am besides myself in disgust at yet another military campaign in the Middle East/Arab World. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat them over and over again, and that's exactly what we're doing now.

President Obama should have stood his ground instead of caving in to Hillary Clinton's warmongering. Now we are no better than that A-hole Bush and his evil cohorts in preemptively attacking a sovereign nation at the bidding of a third party, In Iraq it was for NeoCons and Oil, in Libya its for British oil interests.

Shame on us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I am besides myself in disgust at yet another military campaign in the Middle East/Arab World. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat them over and over again, and that's exactly what we're doing now.

President Obama should have stood his ground instead of caving in to Hillary Clinton's warmongering. Now we are no better than that A-hole Bush and his evil cohorts in preemptively attacking a sovereign nation at the bidding of a third party, In Iraq it was for NeoCons and Oil, in Libya its for British oil interests.

Shame on us.
Don't deflect. It's Obamas "war mongering" now.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 PM

589 posts, read 756,826 times
Fear mongering 101 to get Public support is in action.

Hillary Clinton says [March 2011]: "We have every reason to fear that left unchecked, Gadhafi will commit unspeakable atrocities". Ie - He must be stopped ! He might kill his entire population [which is BS].

Hillary and Obama must have taken lessons on deception from the one and only, GWB.

George W Bush [Oct 2002]: "Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent." Fear mongering just like Hillary is doing today, Ie - He needs to be stopped asap, hes a madman.

George W Bush [Oct 2002]: "Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons." Fear mongering just like Hillary is doing today.

Gaddafi to Obama: "If you had found them taking over American cities with armed force, tell me what you would do." Obama: *Crickets*.

But I imagine Obama's real reply would be along these lines...
Obama: I bring Change...That you can...Believe in [he taps hillary on the shoulder and asks "Was that the right response Miss.Hillary?]

Old 03-19-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Don't deflect. It's Obamas "war mongering" now.
Yup, the buck stops with him!

Obama, you jerk.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Shame on us.
You know what's having me stumped.

The guardian newspaper, an army of leftists who beat Dubya with a cudgel for going to war with Iraq.

Suddenly, they are accusing Obama for inaction and I see article after article about Hillary's face-saving acts to bring a resolution in place.

And it figures, you have Britain's oil interests behind all this.

There is no left or right ideology. It's all the same wolves in sheep's clothing and they all have the same interests which they live for LMAO, crooks! And they were in the Obama bandwagon until recently, most recently.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:03 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is insanity! The French decided they needed to intervene and we'll be pulled into a third war because of it. Other countries create their mess, albeit with good intentions, and the US is called upon to clean it up. The French preceded the US in Vietnam and look how well that turned out for us. The Russians preceded the US in Afghanistan and look how well that's turning out for us.

Insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

Burke nailed it:
“Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.”
On a personal level, leaving politics out of it...

How we could sit by and watch whole sale slaughter of others...

I just can't sleep at night, knowing others are getting mowed down by a mad man...

I'm glad we have interviened...I'm glad the French have stood up and taken the lead...

Cowardness is not something that runs through my veins...

I would only hope that if our own government started whole sale slaughtering us, that other nations would jump in to protect U.S. citizens...

Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You know what's having me stumped.

The guardian newspaper, an army of leftists who beat Dubya with a cudgel for going to war with Iraq.

Suddenly, they are accusing Obama for inaction and I see article after article about Hillary's face-saving acts to bring a resolution in place.

And it figures, you have Britain's oil interests behind all this.

There is no left or right ideology. It's all the same wolves in sheep's clothing and they all have the same interests which they live for LMAO, crooks! And they were in the Obama bandwagon until recently, most recently.
I have to agree with everything in this post.

At the end of the day, we are all just chess pieces for huge corporations. Its a shame that neither Republicans nor Democrats can see that.

Its even worse when holier than thou Europeans are so easily bamboozled by BP to strike Libya right now.

As far as Im concerned what's happening in Libya is nothing more than a Civil War and what we have done is choose sides.

Its funny cause only recently didnt Khaddafi regain favor with many world leaders? How quickly things change.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
On a personal level, leaving politics out of it...

How we could sit by and watch whole sale slaughter of others...

I just can't sleep at night, knowing others are getting mowed down by a mad man...

I'm glad we have interviened...I'm glad the French have stood up and taken the lead...

Cowardness is not something that runs through my veins...

I would only hope that if our own government started whole sale slaughtering us, that other nations would jump in to protect U.S. citizens...
What do you think has been happening to our soldiers in the middle east and Afghanistan?
Or the innocent civilians we have killed in our efforts to nation build?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
From several famous Progressives..

War, creates jobs.

Sad, but true.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:13 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What do you think has been happening to our soldiers in the middle east and Afghanistan?
Or the innocent civilians we have killed in our efforts to nation build?
What does that have to do with the above statement or sentiment??

I care for all, not just a select few...humanity...

I care for our dear precious soldiers, but I also don't care to see Libyan civilians mowed down by machine guns and tanks by a mad man...

And again, should the day come when our own governemnt starts mowing us down with bullets, I would only hope that other
nations would intervene to stop the carnage...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies