Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:27 PM

589 posts, read 756,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No civilian is getting slaughtered. The rebels will be, but that always happens in civil war.
But but but...Hillary Clinton said the Rebels are "really" Civilians, they just like to carry around Ak47's and shoot at Army personal...So it must be a slaughter! Hillary said so, it has to be true. Oh and those WMD's were never a lie in Iraq either, the White House always tells the truth...We just need to look harder for the WMDs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
What are you talking about???

I said I care about all....

If your going to twist things around in your mind, let's just end the conversation here...

Makeing stuff up and twisting and inventing sentiment, expressed by someone who has a different stance than yourself is of very poor taste...

You know that's not what I meant...and I haven't time for below the belt games...later...
You have been called out and don't like it.
You want only to look at only half of the picture and see us in white hats riding to the rescue.
Reality is, we have no moral authority to intervene as our government has plenty of innocent blood on it's hands through our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
But but but...Hillary Clinton said the Rebels are "really" Civilians, they just like to carry around Ak47's and shoot at Army personal...So it must be a slaughter! Hillary said so, it has to be true. Oh and those WMD's were never a lie in Iraq either, the White House always tells the truth...We just need to look harder for the WMDs!
I'm disappointed in Obama, man. Earlier this week I was giving him laurels that we have a very smart and able president who knows which bullet to dodge.

It's so unfortunate. He sort of reminded me of Hadrian who pulled his troops out of crazy places and built a wall around the Roman empire, giving a clear message that "expansion" is done once and for all, and consolidation was the need of the hour, must to the chagrin of the wingnuts of his time.

But........

Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No civilian is getting slaughtered. The rebels will be, but that always happens in civil war.
When a mad man like Kadafi is in power...such a man takes brutal retribution..(revenge)...on any and everyone he deems a 'trader'...

It doesn't just stop at so called 'rebels' or 'resistant fighters'...it goes into their family, their mothers, relatives ect ect...

Heck, even street gangs over here do that...

These regimes don't play by neat little rules written in some Harvard book...

Just go over there, and you'll see what I mean...

Old 03-19-2011, 01:33 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Good grief, you do remember how the situation started don't you? It began with a peaceful protest and turned ugly when government forces began machine gunning the protesters...What would you do if that government was yours? I can just imagine.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:35 PM

589 posts, read 756,826 times
Hillary Clinton, drumming up support to attack Libya:

“Qadhafi must go,” Clinton said, calling him “a ruthless dictator that has no conscience and will destroy anyone or anything in his way.” If he does not go, she added, “he will just make trouble – that is just his nature, there are some creatures that are like that.”

Bush, drumming up support to invade Iraq:
“Saddam Hussein the Butcher of Baghdad and his two evil sons must go,” BUSH said, calling him “a ruthless dictator that has no conscience and will destroy anyone or anything in his way.” If he does not go, he added, “he will just make trouble – that is just his nature, there are some creatures that are like that.”

Does Hillary have the same Speech Writer Bush had, or is she just so inept that she has to steal quotes from other people.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You have been called out and don't like it.
You want only to look at only half of the picture and see us in white hats riding to the rescue.
Reality is, we have no moral authority to intervene as our government has plenty of innocent blood on it's hands through our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Your like arguing with yourself...I'm not you...we have different opinions about things...

Accept that...

What you shouldn't do is 'personalize it'...

If your ok with people getting slaughtered on the streets...than fine...

But I'm not....

Don't do like talk show hosts and try to insult someone just because they have a different moral stance than yourself...

It's about class, and knowing how to exchange thoughts and ideas, without acting like a 5th grader...

Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
News reports saying U.S. Joins Attack on Qaddafi Regime, Firing Cruise Missiles on Libyan Air Defenses.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Breaking News: First U.S. missiles fired at Libya. No link yet, this is all there is, besides what's being reported live on Fox News and MSNBC.

Apparently Tomahawks fired from a submarine.

You can follow Live updates here.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, you do remember how the situation started don't you? It began with a peaceful protest and turned ugly when government forces began machine gunning the protesters...What would you do if that government was yours? I can just imagine.
So, with Bahrain, would your saviour self advocate flying fighter jets over Saudi??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies