Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:53 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times

Advertisements

I'm beggining to fall in Love with the French
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 01:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I'm beggining to fall in Love with the French
So, no more freedom fries now

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

A link back would help.
Fair point. There's not much, just this so far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Breaking News: First U.S. missiles fired at Libya. No link yet, this is all there is, besides what's being reported live on Fox News and MSNBC.

Apparently Tomahawks fired from a submarine.

You can follow Live updates here.
Still looking for more, particularly for those in caves. Gotta do my part.

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Is there a reason that you'd rather be snotty than have an adult conversation here?
I thought true adult conversations were against TOS.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:57 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Okay, fuller story on ABC News:

Libya: U.S. Tomahawk Cruise Missiles Hit Targets in Libya - ABC News

"U.S. military officials have confirmed the first American tomahawk cruise missiles have been fired at targets inside Libya from ships in the Mediterranean Sea.

The move is the first direct U.S. involvement in the international operation mobilizing to stop Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's attacks on opposition strongholds and enforce a U.N.-backed no-fly zone. President Obama told members of Congress Saturday that he had not yet authorized the use of U.S. planes, but the military has a variety of resources stationed off the Libyan coast and at bases in nearby European countries prepared to support the effort."

Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
this is the first time I have seen the french go so aggresive they always seem to stay out of conflicts now they are the first ones to go in which is good to see for a change atleast it is not all talk but action by the U.N.

plus the US bitian and canada have pretty much been vague on the mission but it sounds like we just hit all of his military assets, airports and bases then leave were not staying very long since all 3 nations are still in combat roles in afghanistan and after 10 years we are not going to go in for the long haul

Last edited by GTOlover; 03-19-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 02:06 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Let me get this straight. We are attcking Libya, a country which has not threatened us, has no weapons of mass destruction that could reach us, and is led by a person who recently we've considered an ally after years of being an enemy.

Supposedly we are trying to help "civilians" (who interstingly enough had enough firepower to knock a Libyan plane out of the sky....doesn't seem to much of a "grass roots: type protest to me).

You know, there are other countries just in the middle east where civilians are being hurt. Why aren't we going after Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia????

I'm sure we'll end up getting screwed on this move. We always seem to back the wrong horse in the middle east.

Guess Obama is just Bush with a good tan

Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Let me get this straight. We are attcking Libya, a country which has not threatened us, has no weapons of mass destruction that could reach us, and is led by a person who recently we've considered an ally after years of being an enemy.

Supposedly we are trying to help "civilians" (who interstingly enough had enough firepower to knock a Libyan plane out of the sky....doesn't seem to much of a "grass roots: type protest to me).

You know, there are other countries just in the middle east where civilians are being hurt. Why aren't we going after Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia????

I'm sure we'll end up getting screwed on this move. We always seem to back the wrong horse in the middle east.

Guess Obama is just Bush with a good tan
You need to get your facts straight before posting.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0MBU69D5E
this pretty good anderson cooper kicks the guys butt

Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I bet they've got some WMD's! Let's get in there! They've got oil, right?
Nah, no WMDs.
Qadaffy called up Dubya and surrendered
his WMD program right after they
pulled Saddam out of his spider hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies