Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,053 times

Advertisements

Even AAA says that the hybids and electric cars are not that great a value, stating that IF financial concerns forces the sale of ones SUV or truck, then,..."vehicles like the Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris and Ford Fiesta offer a better value than hybrids and electric vehicles."

Fuel Fix » Autos analyst: Wait on trading that truck for a hybrid

That makes more sense than buying an overpriced POS Volt that can't live up to Government Motor's claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,008,671 times
I like this part:
Recently, President Obama selected General Electric ( GE - news - people ) CEO Jeffrey Immelt to chair his Economic Advisory Board. GE is awash in windmills waiting to be subsidized so they can provide unreliable, expensive power.
Consequently, and soon after his appointment, Immelt announced that GE will buy 50,000 Volts in the next two years, or half the total produced. Assuming the corporation qualifies for the same tax credit, we (you and me) just shelled out $375,000,000 to a company to buy cars that no one else wants so that GM will not tank and produce even more cars that no one wants. And this guy is the chair of Obama's Economic Advisory Board?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,217,585 times
I've not heard of Volts sitting, unclaimed on dealer lots. We had to call several just to find one that wasn't even delivered yet. After it came in later that week, someone else tried to bribe our salesman so they could buy it before we got to the dealership.

We get 35-40 electric miles per charge. A charge costs us about a buck fifty on our electric bill.

We get 40mpg highway using gas (the way one would use a regular hybrid).

The car weighs nearly 4000 lbs and gets 40mpg without charging.

If we keep it charged, it uses NO gas.

Yeah. It's a dud.

We love the car. We didn't choose it because it was cheap to buy. We chose it because a gas powered car infrastructure isn't sustainable.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:52 PM

401 posts, read 473,394 times
Barack...GMs Golden Boy. Disgusting:

File:Barack Obama drives Chevy Volt.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What are they gonna do when the batteries die in these things...almost 400 pounds of toxic material !!!! I love the environmentalists driving around smugly in their hybrids. "Oh, Oh, look at me, I am saving the world !" Just shows how stupid these people are.

Obama should be pictured driving a clean turbo diesel !!! Why no turbo diesels ? They get high mileage with low emissions, have an extremely long life span, an are reasonably priced. Who the hell is gonna pay 41,000 dollars for a Chevy when you can get a comparably performing vehicle for half as much (VW). Hell, you can buy a BMW three series diesel in the 40K range.

Just shows you how screwed up our government has become under "Hope and Change" Obummer. Thanks for nothing Barack.

Last edited by jaydog32; 03-29-2011 at 11:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies