Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Much ado about nothing.

Just the latest scarecrow propped up to keep the reactionaries rolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 12:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Sheria Law comes to America via some ******* judge

Judge orders use of Islamic law in Tampa lawsuit over mosque leadership

"This case," the judge wrote, "will proceed under Ecclesiastical Islamic Law."
Nielsen said he will decide in a lawsuit against a local mosque, the Islamic Education Center of Tampa, whether the parties in the litigation properly followed the teachings of the Koran in obtaining an arbitration decision from an Islamic scholar.

This nut needs to be booted off the bench!

Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
nothing about Sharia is redeamable as the point of Sharia is to bring man into subjection to the god of Islam.
There is no god of Islam. There are men worshiping men with competing brands of BS supremacy. None of that has anything to do with God, even when Jews or Christians or anyone you can name are guilty of it. Therein lies the heart of the LEGITIMATE grievance of atheists if only they'd get their own heads out their rumps. The Pope was correct in his assessment of their behavior/ attitudes (even if I strongly disagree with his own behavior/ attitude/ assessments of other things). I'm allowed to strongly disagree on merits of reason without being beheaded over it. THANKS CHRISTENDOM!

Old 03-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

Nielsen said he will decide in a lawsuit against a local mosque, the Islamic Education Center of Tampa, whether the parties in the litigation properly followed the teachings of the Koran in obtaining an arbitration decision from an Islamic scholar.

You do realize that this is a matter of arbitrarion, right, and what that means?

I guess not. The stupid reporter didn't seem to grasp this either.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I bet there'd be a different America if congress started losing body parts!
I'd happily settle for them having to pay for every word out of their mouth. Lies need penalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Sharia isn't that different from what some of your fellow social conservatives want. Are you just as angry at Dominionists?
BINGO!!!! Dominionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, who cares to have their religion hijacked for nefarious deeds??? Go on folks, raise your hands!

They can't defend faith if they have no clue what the faith is about. Can't inspire independent thinking (embrace of free will) or cultivate faith if they're leaning on the crutch of 'because I'm the daddy and I said so' or peer pressure. Who you ARE in the eyes of your maker is what you're doing when you believe no one is looking.

'Alls I know' isn't nearly enough. I can only hope true Christians will aspire to be better Christians and refrain from sweeping dirt under a rug to save face. We really can't afford to do that as individuals and/or as Christians/ Jews.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Sharia Law: What do you agree with.. keeping it out of our country

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

"The judge said he would use Islamic law to decide only the legitimacy of arbitration.

"What law would we be applying (at) trial?" Thanasides asked.

"That trial would be civil law," the judge said. "Florida law."

Seems you don't understand what is really going on here....

Because it isn't what you make it out to be. At all. Not even close.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
I follow the laws of the constitution and that law gives my the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness with the bill of rights and the limited government functions with the maximum freedom to the individual.
When individual freedom has been reduced to group thinking, religious, ideology and a majority can destory the individuals right to life and liberty a revolution will come from the bottom and thru out history those who have so much to lose who once tasted freedom long to be free.
As long as free man live liberty will never perish.
When you kill free speech you will kill liberty and since free speech is our first amendment and our most important you must understand the words that speak truth to those who will listen will become bulletproof.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I firmly believe that secular LAW be kept completely separate from ALL religions!

To use religion to justify Law diluted the power of law and to use the force of law to implement religion dictated dilutes the religious faith. When both are in effect the most heinous atrocities can be justified. This applies to ALL religions.

I will obey laws that have been enacted by my representatives in a Republic but I will not feel any requirement to obey anyone’s religious rules. I use the term rules because I do not consider religious rules to be any form of Law.

Sharia Law is both an oxymoron and an abomination.
While I can agree with much of your reasoning, do not ignore the kernel of truth behind social conservatives intent (even if there is much ire in their machiavellian tactics abusing religion). The commandment love thy neighbor as thyself is a universal principle of humanity and civilization isn't possible without it. It's evident in pagan philosophy 'do as you will, harm none'. It's evident in Buddhism, Hindu, Taoism, Shintoism even a 'quasi religion' philosophy like Confuscianism.

Religious 'rules'/ standards of personal conduct are the equivalent of 'standards of common decency'. It's impracticable for free society to live up to Amish standards and so they coped in their own way by excusing themselves from the highway. On the other extreme you need to ask yourself just how many competing brands of Westboro baptists free society can stand before there is no society at all? Children don't get a vote but no civilization can stand if it cannot keep them first considered when authoring policy. Unfortunately in this era of Democratic Republic, they're considered last in policy, individual rights of adults and commercial worship trumping all.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Much ado about nothing.

Just the latest scarecrow propped up to keep the reactionaries rolling.
That dismissive attitude precludes the real benefit of right to free speech. Have you spent a moment earnestly considering what's been said in this thread or will you allow those on a power trip to dictate that no one can have a meaningful consideration? I have no problem being corrected if I'm wrong. If someone has further evidence I'd rather it not be suppressed. How about you? How about bentbow?

I believe OJ was guilty. Too bad other people 'knew better' and resorted to abusing justice by manufacturing evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies