Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 AM

103 posts, read 157,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Choosing a candidate you really like, not mindlessly pulling a lever based on a perceived outcome of Prisoner's Dilemma. When you "vote" for the lesser of two evils, you're really just choosing based on what other people think, not what you think. That's why voting is different.
That's called strategy. It's not mindless. In fact it's mindful of the context of your vote. It's not basing your vote on what other people think instead of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baaadgoatjoke View Post
That's called strategy.
Yup, and it's not called voting.

Quote:
In fact it's mindful of the context of your vote. It's not basing your vote on what other people think instead of yourself.
Agree to disagree.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
By supporting the rebels against Ghaddafi, Barry is supporting the establishment of SHARIA LAW in Libya which is what will happen. Barry is just another muslim pushing for the subjugation of women. Where are the NOW folks on this???

Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
That's why they started bombing Libya on Saturday... They hoped it would be under the radar... If they can afford military action to control Libya's oil reserves... Which is almost all the oil in Africa... Then they'll be able to afford an Unemployment Extension for Americans...
After we grab Libya's oil... We can afford an Unemployment Extension...

Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

I do recall him taking the position of not initiating force in countries that are not direct threats to America.
While I don't support UN actions there is most definitely history of Gadaffi demonstrating he is a direct threat to Americans.

Quote:
But, all you have to do is look to his most ardent (former) supporters on HuffHo and DailyClueless to find out how they feel betrayed by his promises.
Well, no, I don't look at those things and aren't about to start now. I don't feel betrayed, I had little expectation to start with. Like it or not I don't believe anyone but a typical back-slapping, glad-handing political hack gets a major party's nomination for POTUS.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 AM

103 posts, read 157,581 times
Quote:
Yup, and it's not called voting.

Agree to disagree.
What if you vote to keep something from happening and you are really passionate about doing that?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not all Democrats are lining up in support of President Warmonger..

Liberal Democrats in Uproar over Libya Action | Common Dreams
you know I almost feel sorry for Obama. It seems he can do nothing right. I am niether in favor of or oppposed to our intervention In Lybia, I am on the fence, and as most of you know, I am to the right of center, but it seems he can't please anyone, anymore. Calling him a warmonger is going a little too far, don't you think?

Nita

Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you know I almost feel sorry for Obama. It seems he can do nothing right. I am niether in favor of or oppposed to our intervention In Lybia, I am on the fence, and as most of you know, I am to the right of center, but it seems he can't please anyone, anymore. Calling him a warmonger is going a little too far, don't you think?

Nita
He's participating in an unprovoked attack against a country that isn't a direct threat to us. UN or no UN, that's being a warmonger.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While I don't support UN actions there is most definitely history of Gadaffi demonstrating he is a direct threat to Americans.
20 or so YEARS ago....the USSR was also a threat back then....Libya is of NO direct threat to the USA or any of it's allies at this time.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
He's participating in an unprovoked attack against a country that isn't a direct threat to us. UN or no UN, that's being a warmonger.
It seems some think having the UN resolution allowing us to bomb Libya gives some sort of respectability to the unprovoked attack....strange how some people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies