Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama's Libya Similar to Bush's Iraq?
Yes, and the media is treating Obama much better than they treated Bush 59 40.69%
Yes, and the media is treating Obama the same as Bush 9 6.21%
Yes, and the media is treating Obama worse than Bush 2 1.38%
No, the two situations are not similar 72 49.66%
Other 3 2.07%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Then don't make it an issue.
Yeah, I said ONE GUY -- speaking for HOW MANY ARAB STATES? Do you even know?

NO!

Because the article says nothing about that. Nothing.
So according to you various Arab countries are going to let a representative make statements in behalf of those nations without checking what the person is saying first? OK whatever you say!

Quote:
Guess you've never heard of bias in media reporting. Oh wait! You guys accuse the media of bias all the damn time!

When come back, bring specifics, mkay?
A quote from a representative isn't enough for you? I have to personally get quotes from each Arab leader for you to be happy? Wow, OK I'll get right on it just for you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
More criticism of the bombings of Libya....

Quote:
The African Union's panel on Libya Sunday called for an "immediate stop" to all attacks after the United States, France and Britain launched military action against Moamer Kadhafi's forces.After a more than four-hour meeting in the Mauritanian capital, the body also asked Libyan authorities to ensure "humanitarian aid to those in need," as well as the "protection of foreigners, including African expatriates living in Libya."
AFP: African Union demands 'immediate' halt to Libya attacks

Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

There are 22 nations in the Arab League,only one has stated it would be involved.

Keep spinning.
Someone's spinning, but it's not me.

22 nations in the Arab League and TWENTY of them voted in favor of enforcing a No Fly Zone with U.S. participation.

Qatar and the United Arab Emirates are already set to send planes in. Iraq, Jordan and Morocco are in talks with Secretary Clinton about their role.

Spin, spin, spin.

You HATE it that Barack Obama is DOING what George Bush LIED about doing; forging a broad-based coalition of countries who are all interested in the same goal, working together to that end.

You just HATE that.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Yeah, I said ONE GUY -- speaking for HOW MANY ARAB STATES? Do you even know?

NO!

Because the article says nothing about that. Nothing.

Guess you've never heard of bias in media reporting. Oh wait! You guys accuse the media of bias all the damn time!

When come back, bring specifics, mkay?
My, my, my, my, my. How quick we are to make excuses for obama, sinking the US into another war. Do you see the mission creep already? Do you think they won't be going after Ghadaffi? Is that part of the "mission"?

I can only imagine the response if this were Bush lobbing cruise missiles on Libya at a cost of BILLIONS.

Quote:
You HATE it that Barack Obama is DOING what George Bush LIED about doing; forging a broad-based coalition of countries who are all interested in the same goal, working together to that end.

You just HATE that.
Bush had a coalition too, although not UN sanctioned. I guess that matters to you.

LOL...the Arab League supported a no fly zone...not the bombing of Libya.

I know some people might not see much difference.

By the way,the African Union has come out against the attacks on Libya...

Global support my ass.

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Oil is going to spike again. Thanks obama.
Average cost of gasoline rises to $3.57 a gallon - MSNBC Articles

Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca

Of course he didn't start it. But that's not the issue.
Quote:
OK I misspoke. Obama didn't start it, but he sure did step into this pile of doodoo...

Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 PM

So China,Russia,India,The Arab League and the African Union do not support the attacks on Libya.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Arab League condemns broad bombing campaign in Libya - The Washington Post

Quote:
CAIRO—The Arab League secretary general, Amr Moussa, deplored the broad scope of the U.S.-European bombing campaign in Libya and said Sunday that he would call a league meeting to reconsider Arab approval of the Western military intervention.

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement carried by the official Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”
Doesn't seem like a NFZ to me either. Unless strikes in residential neighborhoods are on the target list.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
That could be true, but does Obama have any reason to start a conflict with Libya? If so, why?
No, absolutely not. This would never have happened had Gaddafi hadn't been attacking his people. the problem is there are many evil dictators in countries around the world, or coups where one group tries to annihilate another, and we don't interfer. I think we did with Libya because they are an oil producing nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies