Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Tea Partiers only want to cut safety nets and welfare for the poor at the very bottom of society who can't fight back. They're totally okay with spending hundreds of billions of dollars for invading sovereign nations, though.
Huh? Talk to obama about that, since he is lobbing missiles and invading Libya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
We have launched at least 100 cruise missiles towards Libya, they cost $575,000 ea. So in a couple days we have spent $57,500,000, not counting boat costs,crews, ships, and so forth. and the cost cutters want to cut $10 from NPR.... for real? I think our better cuts would be on their salaries. that can save NPR. and cover their cost.

So no cost saving outrage on war 3?

Recall that Hitler in his book said a country that opens 2 fronts is doomed. We have 3. Lets hope N Korea behaves, or Yemen resolves their own problems.

Anyone still have the gall to complain about NPR?

I am sure you were outraged about extending unemployment benefits at a cost of $60 billion.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:25 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,727,450 times
Quote:
Tea Partiers only want to cut safety nets and welfare for the poor at the very bottom of society who can't fight back. They're totally okay with spending hundreds of billions of dollars for invading sovereign nations, though.
I think most tea party members would be quite happy to see spending revert to 2008 levels--before Obama's trillion-dollar deficits. I don't recall the "very poor" starving in hovels under the Bush budgets.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Quote:
We have launched at least 100 cruise missiles towards Libya, they cost $575,000 ea. So in a couple days we have spent $57,500,000, not counting boat costs,crews, ships, and so forth. and the cost cutters want to cut $10 from NPR.... for real? I think our better cuts would be on their salaries. that can save NPR. and cover their cost.

Recall that Hitler in his book said a country that opens 2 fronts is doomed. We have 3. Lets hope N Korea behaves, or Yemen resolves their own problems.

Hitler "in his book"...............

We do not have "fronts" which jeopardize the frontiers of our nation. While I never supported the Afghan or Iraq wars, a distant "colonial" conflict is a little different than the Germans facing the Allies to the east and west. Our situation is a little more akin to the conflicts the British Empire experienced in the 1800s.

The only thing I agree with you about is the cost of using cruise missiles. We should have used cheaper, less accurate fuel air bombs.

Libya is about the only conflict we SHOULD be engaged in since the first Gulf War. Here we have a native ground army trying to overthrow a tyrant who has been hostile to us for 30 years.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:

You couldn't be more wrong!
My have you been misinformed.

The Progressives have you so confused, just the way they want you.

Our Government is not a charity. Lets get that straight.
Forced charity and the end of a gun or in a jail cell, is not charity at all.
That is not the job of a Republic central government. That is what dictators do.

Our government is responsible for our national security in a world of envy.
I'm not for getting involved in other nations issues, besides telling them how we feel about it and let them make their own choice, as long as we as a nation are not effected physically, or economically.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,399,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Well, in defense of Obama (I can't believe I'm saying this....), Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya aren't exactly in the same category as the allied nations of Western Europe and the Soviet Union.
You are absolutely right. In just one battle in the south Pacific, we lost more men than all the people we lost in Afghanistan and Iraq COMBINED. These are costly military ventures for us - but it isn't "war" on several fronts. Having said that - we should have only one front - Our southern border against the Mexican drug lords.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,984,046 times
Quote:

Dam(b) the T-bills full speed ahead.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,717,568 times
Quote:

Talking points. Well since Obama did not have the decency to go through the Congress for this act of war, perhaps the question...again...regarding cost cutting should be placed on his desk. NPR needs no funding.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
We have launched at least 100 cruise missiles towards Libya, they cost $575,000 ea. So in a couple days we have spent $57,500,000, not counting boat costs,crews, ships, and so forth. and the cost cutters want to cut $10 from NPR.... for real?

Yes, I'm totally outraged about wasting taxpayer money and endangering more American lives in Libya.

And yes, I still have the gall to complain about our government getting involved in the arts in any way. Funding or any involvement in the arts is not a government function.

So, yes, get out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and NPR.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:

Hmmmm.... not sure I knew that. Where is your link to that information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies