Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you think the USA have to take a side in EVERY conflict throughout the world as put forward by EG?
I didn't say that. And I certainly do not condone USA taking action on its own. As a part of UN, within its charter, you bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
The mission is to devistate Quadafis forces, so that they can't inflict untold casualties (death, assinations, ect ect) on his own citizentry that was opposing him...

The mission is to weaken Quadafis forces enough so that the rebel fighters can get rid of him...

And when this is achieved, we're done...

What's so difficult about that??
Why do we care?

I thought we went in a different direction?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Our efforts would be better spent in getting the UN out of the country
Our efforts would be better spent extracting the UN's head out of it's behind and insisting on the non partisan humanitarian mission. See the reindeer games hiding beneath the flag of UN forces in Rowanda genocide. There it is. World cop is supposed to be their job and we're stuck carrying the load until they get above and beyond abusive power plays/ sibling rivalries. The moment financial advantages are seen as potential spoils of conflict, the humanitarian mission is FUBAR. Additionally, if the role is to be arbiter of civil war (see serbia) how rational is it to consider hatfields the freedom fighters and the mccoys the repressive regime when neither are materially fit for office? See Iraq & Afghanistan.
-------

So, President Obama, do you STILL see the reason why We the People have a huge problem with expanded executive powers you've yet to constitutionally close the door on, or do you have a new justification? Could you share that justification please? I appreciate your capacity for intellect but have no appreciation for the silence of reasoning. We had enough of that in previous administration.
------
Are the R's and D's wiling to see the wisdom of L's yet in their call for a sane foreign policy? Please listen better. It's most needful.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
What side was the USA on in the Liberian Civil war?
Or the Georgian Civil War?
Or the Sierra Leone Civil War?
Or the Nepalese Civil War?
After all that we've been through in the last decade, we should have learned our lesson.

We should NOT be involved in anything that doesn't directly effect us.

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I didn't say that. And I certainly do not condone USA taking action on its own. As a part of UN, within its charter, you bet.
Yet you wrote this:
Quote:
Because, we will be choosing a side regardless.
In response to this:
Quote:
Why are we choosing sides in a civil war again?
So we DON'T need to choose a side at all....but we did anyway.

And we are providing air support to that side and bombing civilian infrastructure as well....all under a UN resolution to protect civilians...

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Apparently crybaby Boehner was out getting a fake tan during Obama's speech; along with many of our posters......or simply many of you are all permanently "out to lunch" with severe comprehension problems.

Now kiddies try to follow along.......and pay attention>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geqTT14AXwE
Rude and condescending is always so helpful when trying to deliver a message.....NOT.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So if the U.N passed a resolution agianst the United States and said we violated it you would support an attack on the U.S.?

This is just one of myriad reasons we should get out of the U.N.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So if the U.N passed a resolution agianst the United States and said we violated it you would support an attack on the U.S.?

This is just one of myriad reasons we should get out of the U.N.
Globalists are like that.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Speaker Boehner tells Obama to define the mission of the US in regard to Libya.

John Boehner to President Obama: Define the mission - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Good for him!
LMFAO.

What was the mission in Iraq? It kept changing. No WMD, yet all of righties were cheering on, "go, kill, fall, go, kill fall".

Oh yeah. Just like the UN Investigators feared........no weapons of mass destruction. Plan B: Spread democracy.

LMFAO. And now they righties area worried about a defined mission.

Look, I'm not for getting into a third conflict/war. I'm not. North Africa is rising up against dictatorships that America has long had good relations because they are oil producing countries. Egypt was easy and we supported them, but then things went sour. America and the allies were left scratching their heads while Gaddafi moved against citizens who tried to overthrow him, which is exactly like what America would do to her citizens that would try to overthrow her.

Why no support of so little in the news with the Ivory Coast conflict? No oil.

I'm not for this conflict, but I will occasionally speak out against those who are using it as a way to continue spreading that division. That's exactly what I see many on this board doing.

My, my, my how things are different when you actually don't LIE about going to war. But then, Obama has a funny name and he's only 1/2 Pink. Yes, I said it. The hatred oozing from the right who have been foaming like a rabid dog since 08' is largely based on his race. Yes, it is.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
So we DON'T need to choose a side at all....but we did anyway.
You can choose a side, openly. Or, covertly. Or, simply by turning your back away, ignoring. In case of Libya, a few countries fell in the last category (being wary of consequences, considering dependency on oil). Others openly made their opinions known.

Libyan government, under Gaddaffi, was engaging in oppression and had called upon the military to suppress the people. I can't say whether he was right or wrong, but being aware of even his air force pilots defecting from the country when ordered to bomb the protesting civilians, one must consider humanitarian aspects. No?

Quote:
And we are providing air support to that side and bombing civilian infrastructure as well....all under a UN resolution to protect civilians...
And I hope we can avoid that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies