Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

I wonder if I'm the only one. Click link. Feel it growing inside your belly.

http://www.tardsite.com/parkmuch.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U

The first one, not the second. I think the second is a lack of skill/practice.
I think the first has been practicing being a **** for a long time.

If you had to capture "entitlement personified", I'd vote for the jerks that do this.

So, what brought this on? Heh, my wife came home yesterday, said she was at the grocery store. She put the bags in the trunk and my daughter climbed in the back seat. They started putting on the seat belts and there was some woman waiting for their spot. Evidently it took more time than the woman thought it should take, so she blew her horn at my wife's car.

What would you do in that situation. My wife blew it off, but I heard about it when I got home. Oh God, did I hear about it.

I've had someone blow their horn at me a few times in my 22 years of driving. I've only got out once. At the red light. I walked back to their car. They hastily rolled up the window and I heard their doors lock. I simply asked if there was something wrong that I needed to know about. Did I have a tail light out? Was my car leaking something? They didn't respond. In fact, they looked kind of scared. Weird. you figure if you have the balls to blow your horn at someone, you have the balls to tell them why you did it. Of course, in some places, doing that will give you a good chance of getting shot.

Oh, why didn't I move? A slow pedestrian they couldn't see was blocking the road. Couldn't turn. I mean I could've turned and ran all over the pedestrian, but that sure would've sucked for the guy in the crosswalk.

I'll tell you a story my uncle told me a long time ago. He said he was driving through town and some guy cut him off. He said he chased that guy all over town, and they finally ended up at the guy's house. The guy gets out and says, "WHY ARE YOU CHASING ME>?>?>?!!" and my uncle says, "You cut me off, and I'm gonna kick your ass!" And then he ran at the guy and commenced the fightin'.

My uncle said, "You know what? That man whipped my ass all over his yard." and ....."I learned a valuable lesson."

"Just let it go, son." "Just let it go."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

So, what brought this on? Heh, my wife came home yesterday, said she was at the grocery store. She put the bags in the trunk and my daughter climbed in the back seat. They started putting on the seat belts and there was some woman waiting for their spot. Evidently it took more time than the woman thought it should take, so she blew her horn at my wife's car.

What would you do in that situation. My wife blew it off, but I heard about it when I got home. Oh God, did I hear about it.
Get kids out, go back in and buy more stuff.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Hmmmm, I've done that a time or two, sans kids.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:55 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Rofl. When I used to smoke, and I'd leave the store before the family, I'd just smoke one outside the car. That way, those looking for a spot would probably know I wasn't moving it soon. I mean, I wait for car spots, too. I've never blown my horn at someone while waiting for one, though. I think it's very rude. I think it makes a person (Ok, me.) even slower to move, to be honest.

The Role of Personality Characteristics in Young Adult Driving

Among adolescents and young adults, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of injury and death, and a major public health concern, Research indicates that approximately 90% of all crashes are, to some extent, the result of driver characteristics and behaviors. In particular, risky driving contributes to negative driving outcomes. Risky driving, including driving competitively (e.g., enjoyment of out-maneuvering other drivers), risk-taking driving (e.g., taking driving risks for the thrill of it), high-risk driving (e.g., speeding, improper turning or passing), driving aggression (e.g., tailgating to punish other drivers, honking angrily, making rude gestures), and the attitudes and personality characteristics that promote these behaviors are seen by the American public as serious threats to safety.

I saw a lady once in Atlanta who couldn't pass or get in the left lane on 285. (I couldn't either, the on ramp was jacked by all the traffic.) She was behind me. I could see her in my rear view mirror. She looked like she had worms crawling under the skin of her face. She whipped her SUV right, into the breakdown lane, sped up to 50 or so, then forced her way back in the left lane from the breakdown lane, about 100 yards in front of my car. I'll never forget it. She was probably on her way to work. I seen a guy do that once before... shot out of the lane a few cars behind me ... nailed it...now he's into the long turning lane...no cars in his way......shooting forward fast now.. gonna force his way back into the right lane....yep, there's his signal.....and another car had the same idea.....Car number 2, pulled into the turning lane directly in front of car number one and KAPOW!!!! Two cars out of commission.

Who wants to kill themselves?....to get to work?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
When I was in my early twenties, my friends and I went Xmas shopping at the mall. When we got there, the lot was jammed with cars. As we looked for a spot we saw a sports car that was parked diagonally taking up two spots. I assume the owner didn't want to get his/her door dinged. We simply lifted the back end of the car and moved it.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I'm afraid I'd move slower too. On the flip side I was sitting at a light yesterday and a woman had her keys hanging from the gate of her truck. I jumped out and gave them to her.. she kept waving at me until we went other directions...

Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,317 times
Quote:

I wonder if I'm the only one. Click link. Feel it growing inside your belly.

http://www.tardsite.com/parkmuch.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U

The first one, not the second. I think the second is a lack of skill/practice.
I think the first has been practicing being a **** for a long time.

If you had to capture "entitlement personified", I'd vote for the jerks that do this.

I've had someone blow their horn at me a few times in my 22 years of driving. I've only got out once. At the red light. I walked back to their car. They hastily rolled up the window and I heard their doors lock. I simply asked if there was something wrong that I needed to know about. Did I have a tail light out? Was my car leaking something? They didn't respond. In fact, they looked kind of scared. Weird. you figure if you have the balls to blow your horn at someone, you have the balls to tell them why you did it. Of course, in some places, doing that will give you a good chance of getting shot.

Oh, why didn't I move? A slow pedestrian they couldn't see was blocking the road. Couldn't turn. I mean I could've turned and ran all over the pedestrian, but that sure would've sucked for the guy in the crosswalk.

I'll tell you a story my uncle told me a long time ago. He said he was driving through town and some guy cut him off. He said he chased that guy all over town, and they finally ended up at the guy's house. The guy gets out and says, "WHY ARE YOU CHASING ME>?>?>?!!" and my uncle says, "You cut me off, and I'm gonna kick your ass!" And then he ran at the guy and commenced the fightin'.

My uncle said, "You know what? That man whipped my ass all over his yard." and ....."I learned a valuable lesson."

"Just let it go, son." "Just let it go."
My brothes car wasn't working well we were going up a hill at 15mph. Really slow someone honked in back of us. he set the park brake went back and explained just how slow his car was. He walked back there, slowly and walked back to his car slowly.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
My brothes car wasn't working well we were going up a hill at 15mph. Really slow someone honked in back of us. he set the park brake went back and explained just how slow his car was. He walked back there, slowly and walked back to his car slowly.
There was a traffic jam on a major highway. No one was moving.
Someone about 10 cars behind us started honking.
My uncle got out of the car and made the come on, move along gesture with his hands.
Since traffic was at a complete standstill, it was impossible.
My cousins and I cracked up laughing.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:

I'd slow waaaaay down, looking at the driver all the time. Maybe adjust all the rearview mirrors to perfection after getting in the vehicle. Spend a couple of minutes sorting through the keys. Maybe get back out and check the air pressure in all four tires.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
What would I do in that situation??? Scuba steves idea is great, or just leave the kids in the car and go sit on the back, and just stare at them, like you're still waiting for someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies