Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
Look! It SNOWED! Guess global warming is a myth!
what makes AGW a myth is the fact that there is no evidence that the current temperature is outside of the normal range for the earth.

THAT makes AGW a myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How many years does it take before weather become climate any way? It's been much colder then normal in my state for three years now, is that still simply the weather?
Your state doesn't count.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:54 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
It is not clear to me what the OP is alleging scientists were wrong about. I've never heard a prediction that it wouldn't snow anymore on Kilimanjaro.

I guess that post about the tsunami was a joke. I'm not aware of any linkage between global warming and seismic activity.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
It is not clear to me what the OP is alleging scientists were wrong about. I've never heard a prediction that it wouldn't snow anymore on Kilimanjaro.

I guess that post about the tsunami was a joke. I'm not aware of any linkage between global warming and seismic activity.
the OP is correct.

the AGW crowd has been saying for years that the snow cap on Kilimenjaro was going away because of AGW.

they have refused to admit that land use around Kilimenjaro has been the actual issue.

Now the snows are coming back and the AGW crowd claims what? they never said it wouldnt snow on Kilimenjaro?

really?

snort.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
what makes AGW a myth is the fact that there is no evidence that the current temperature is outside of the normal range for the earth.

THAT makes AGW a myth.
And the public schools need to respect that wall of separation between church and state and QUIT TEACHING MYTHS to our children!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post

The Goreacle, in his fraudulent, false, filled with lies movie, made the claim. Going about as well as his prediction about the arctic ice cap.

Global warming could end Mt Kilimanjaro snow | News.com.au

Quote:
THE snows capping Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's tallest peak, are shrinking rapidly and could vanish altogether in 20 years, most likely due to global warming, a US study said.
Climate Scientist Warns World Of Widespread Suffering If Further Climate Change Is Not Forestalled

Quote:
The ice fields atop Mount Kilimanjaro have lost 85 percent of their coverage since 1912;
Not so much.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Another "I told you so", another AGW cult prediction bites the dust.

Climate Change Snow slowly building on Mount Kilimanjaro - eTurboNews.com

They just can't stop their fear mongering, even when they are totally discredited.

Oh yeah, we've heard that "thin ice" theory before, haven't we?
What is the current measurement? Is the additional snow lower than in previous years (less snow fall?). How long has this been occurring? Is this seen in other tropical mountainous regions? Is the rate of increase enough to sustain it back to original levels?

In order to conclusively state that the snow fall in Kenya debunks climate change, you would have to provide those stats along with MUCH more.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You're not really still trying to discredit man made climate change a week after a massive tsunami trashed Japan are you?
Please tell me this post was in jest. It was, right? RIGHT?!

Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I find it interesting that the OP's very link explains that the snowpack is thinned significantly. Populism and science have never been friends.

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Why Are Americans So Ill-Informed about Climate Change?: Scientific American
Quote:
Near the forum’s conclusion, Massachusetts Institute of Technology climate scientist Kerry Emanuel asked a panel of journalists why the media continues to cover anthropogenic climate change as a controversy or debate, when in fact it is a consensus among such organizations as the American Geophysical Union, American Institute of Physics, American Chemical Society, American Meteorological Association and the National Research Council, along with the national academies of more than two dozen countries.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:23 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Rep. Hank Johnson predicted something like this massive earthquake in Japan would happen just last year. Clearly there are too many people on Japan and it reached a tipping point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

People who believe an island like Guam could tip over if too many people were on it are absolutely clueless to how islands are formed,

This Rep, did he ever go though school or is he on some powerful mind altering drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies