Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Sounds like Lee Stranahan is just waking up to the fact that the ALTERNATIVE right-wing media has been right all these past decades. If mainstream media were honest or objective, there would be no need for an alternative. The fact that Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Dennis Prager, and all the others can make a living (a very good living apparently) is because the mainstream is neither honest nor objective, and has not been since the 1980s.
That makes no sense, since those guys lie at least as much as the mainstream media, and they certainly are the opposite of objective.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
IMO, the majority of American media is liberal, and will not admit it. This includes news, TV, sitcoms, movies, and music. It typically comes from NY'ers and Californians who think they are the center of the universe. MSNBC might as well be a local New York City station.

there is a minority of media that is conservative, but they usually admit being conservative, and are extremely vocal about it. So it is rather easy to paint the right as angry and ignorant, because their "figure heads" on TV are so belligerent and partisan, and they have to contend with the fact that de facto liberals on major networks have more power to "frame the issue" in the minds of american viewers.

so yes, i agree with the op-ed posted by the OP. the mainstream media you see on TV tends to be slightly liberal, and slightly aligned with the interests of Democrats.
Show me where Fox has admitted to being conservative

And how exactly do liberals on "major" networks have more power to frame the issue

Old 03-21-2011, 10:17 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nice try, here is a tea party thug charging the stage at a pro-workers rights rally punching people and going on a rampage just a few days ago. Arrested and charged with assault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caIg...layer_embedded
That's it? Do you want to play tit for tat on this?

Union Thug

Union thug at Atlanta moveon rally 2-26-2011

Caught on Camera: Union Goon Hits, Shoves and Harasses GOP Supporter at Rally

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nice try, here is a tea party thug charging the stage at a pro-workers rights rally punching people and going on a rampage just a few days ago. Arrested and charged with assault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caIg...layer_embedded

Pretty good only 24 seconds of something that was going on much longer.

I like when he backhands the guy in the stomach grabbing at his flag.

They don't show them take his Don't Tread on Me flag, right before he rushes at the guy that took it.

No that wasn't taken out of context and edited to be biased at all.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM

More union truth...

Confrontation at Merrill rally to recall Holperin

Holperin is a Democrat who is undergoing recall pressure.

Organizers say the rally was originally scheduled at Club 64 in Merrill, but they had to change locations after business owners say they received more than 50 phone calls threatening to destroy their business and cause physical harm if the rally took place.

Protestors both for and against the recall showed up. Even though they initially kept their distance, Holperin supporters engulfed the recall effort, and that's when the situation turned tense.

"They circled around us, and they're bullying us. They have a loud horn and they're trying to intimidate people that would like to come and sign the petition," said Kim Simac, recall leader, "I do think that this is an intimidation ploy."

Simac says protestors even got involved with their petitions.

"We had a lady come up and write profanity and rip some of them right on our table.... so I guess that's what democracy looks like to them."

Union Thugs Destroy Recall Petitions

Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
^^ LOL! more grasping at straws. That video has been widely debunked. It has absolutely no proof who did that to the papers, likely tea party goons, yet the ultra-right will twist anything they can to try and vilify their false "union thugs" lies. When it comes to violence, the tea party is where it's at!

Last edited by TempesT68; 03-21-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Show me where Fox has admitted to being conservative
First show me the meaning of the word "usually," and its relationship to my comments.

Quote:
And how exactly do liberals on "major" networks have more power to frame the issue
[/b]
because they are more media savvy, and more tightly integrated into what the average american considers "normal."

Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM

SEIU v Hamidi

SEIU Thugs Beat Up Ken Hamidi
I Was Assaulted At SEIU Meeting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies