Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't worry, they're all self-professed christians.
They can hate all that they like.

Yes, these are all reasons to wish her pain and death.
You go!
\Embracing Evil is no virtue, and
Hating Evil is no Vice

Hating, in and of itself, is neither good nor bad. Hating things that deserve to be hated, is good. Loving things that deserve to be hated is bad.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
If she croaks I hope they dump her in the ocean. The only sad part is we pay her medical bills.
???
You do NOT pay her medical bills.
I certainly hope that no one spews such vitriol against you or your family no matter how you treat others.

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Botox complications?
Maybe she got a good look at what socialized medicine is really like and just fainted out of guilt.

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Wow, four of the first five posts are completely classless. Who would've thought?
People reap what they sow.

Did you happen to see all the sick posts when Dick Cheney was ill?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
[quote=y2flyy;18372299]
Quote:
Honestly no that is not good enough for me. What you described in no way "Damaged" America....
Tunnel vision has that effect.

Quote:
Many bills or laws have been passed against the wishes of the American People (you think most Americans wanted slavery ended at the time or women's rights?). My point is polls should not be a deciding factor as to if a law benefits Americans. And again most laws are passed without the legislators actually reading them.
And that makes it a good thing, acceptable, to you? Remember, polls are the way politicians guage the mood of the people who elected them. Witness the last election.

Quote:
So on that standard you dislike most politicians as much as you dislike Pelosi, am I correct?
Actually, yes. Hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Good points West but that is her being dishonest (in the case of the CIA-Waterboarding). In the Murtha incident she was protecting her ally who doesn't do that in Washington?

If Pelosi is evil and hurtful to the country by these examples, then again every politician is (because all of them are dishonest and protect their allies at some point).

My overall point is it is justifiable to dislike a politician (I don't like Pelosi myself) or not vote for them based on these points. But to say they are evil and don't deserve to live.

Cmon!
Maybe you would prefer the term "harmful" to evil. Either one is okay by me.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
I'm all for whatever takes this woman out of the policy making game.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
???
You do NOT pay her medical bills.
I certainly hope that no one spews such vitriol against you or your family no matter how you treat others.
She is the recipient of government funded healthcare. You know, paid for by the taxpayers. So we do pay her medical bills.

As for your last sentence, many would consider that to be hateful. Is that truly what you are saying?

Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pelosi is no better or worse than any other politician we have serving. she gets it from the right more so because she is a woman in power and they can't stand it, put a D after her name and thats all they need to spew hatred you can ask what has she done so wrong, you will hear sound bites taken out of context and other complaints are she has just done her job like all other politicians
Oy, give us a break. There are many conservative women who hold power and they are despised by the Left with a vitriol that puts any "conservative hater" to shame in the Hate Game. This forum has seen countless threads about them.

I can almost agree with your opening sentence but I would say, "Pelosi is no better or worse than many other politicians." Sooner or later nearly all of them become corrupted by the power and privilege of political office. For this reason alone, there is something to be said for term limits.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Many bills or laws have been passed against the wishes of the American People (you think most Americans wanted slavery ended at the time or women's rights?).
Both of the changes you mention were not laws but true amendments to the Constitution. They were pasted by both houses of Congress by 2/3 majority vote and then passed by 3/4 of the state legislatures. If we have a "right" to health care then make it an amendment and see if it passes.

Quote:
My point is polls should not be a deciding factor as to if a law benefits Americans.
I agree that polls should not be a deciding factor. The Constitutionality should be the first thing looked at whether it benefits a small group of people like the health care take over or if it benefits every single person in the US. If it is not clearly defined power of the government then it should not even be discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies