Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I support the No-Fly zone, as far as an actual war and sending in ground troops into Libya, I am against that.
Do you support the No-fly zone as it's implemented by Obama? Meaning, launching missiles into the country itself?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post

Maybe you should applaud Mr Kristol as a conservative that practices what he preaches????
Kristol is a neo-con.

William Kristol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I support the No-Fly zone, as far as an actual war and sending in ground troops into Libya, I am against that.
You do know the no fly zone allows the coalition to attack anything that might be a threat to civilians or civilian areas right?

Meaning any and all Libyan armed forces,including their navy.

The resolution, adopted under Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter:
  • demands the immediate establishment of a ceasefire and a complete end to violence and all attacks against, and abuses of, civilians;
  • imposes a no-fly zone over Libya;
  • authorises all necessary means to protect civilians and civilian-populated areas, except for a "foreign occupation force";
  • strengthens the arms embargo and particularly action against mercenaries, by allowing for forcible inspections of ships and planes;
  • imposes a ban on all Libyan-designated flights;
  • imposes an asset freeze on assets owned by the Libyan authorities, and reaffirms that such assets should be used for the benefit of the Libyan people;
  • extends the travel ban and assets freeze of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970 to a number of additional individuals and Libyan entities;
  • establishes a panel of experts to monitor and promote sanctions implementation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...esolution_1973

Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Your point being ......?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Your point being ......?
He is not a conservative,hence the term neo-conservative.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It seems the leftists are salivating over the idea of having their VERY own little war with a nation that was no threat to the USA....

Must get them all tingly feeling.
And who would know better about tingly feelings than the rightists... I will take your word on THAT. However, we shall see if it translates to real war with foot soldiers on board. I think shutting down Gaddaffi is a necessity, and you clearly prefer to turn your head away, from fear repeating your mistakes in the past.

Would UN Peacekeeping on ground in post-Gaddaffi era while the nation stabilizes politically, if it happens, fit your idea of war?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Do you support the No-fly zone as it's implemented by Obama? Meaning, launching missiles into the country itself?
Being aimed at targets that impact enforcing the no-fly zone, (such as some of the air systems and Military targets) I'm fine with, though going much beyond that, I would be against.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And who would know better about tingly feelings than the rightists... I will take your word on THAT. However, we shall see if it translates to real war with foot soldiers on board. I think shutting down Gaddaffi is a necessity, and you clearly prefer to turn your head away, from fear repeating your mistakes in the past.

Would UN Peacekeeping on ground in post-Gaddaffi era while the nation stabilizes politically, if it happens, fit your idea of war?
Here it is again,this idea that as long as you don't have ground troops it isn't a war.

How positively Orwellian....

I imagine to all the dead Libyans it might be thought of as a war but what would they know.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Being aimed at targets that impact enforcing the no-fly zone, (such as some of the air systems and Military targets) I'm fine with, though going much beyond that, I would be against.
Inconsistent definition is inconsistent.

No-fly zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Then you must oppose the current no fly zone.

It allows the 'coalition' to attack almost anything including power stations....not sure how a power station would be a target but who knows since we are redefining words nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies