Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:03 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Not only that, but when they DO possess the skills, they're shallow. Good luck getting someone to deep dive on anything.

It's almost like they study to appear as though they have a breadth of knowledge, mainly to accommodate the stupid folks who hire them.

In my 15 years in the IT business, I have come across TWO folks that were 1st gen immigrants who I'd allow to work on a team with me, if given the choice. The rest......... well I wouldn't count on them to solve any actual problems. At best they're good for high level discussions with management.

Wow, what does all this resentment towards me, and other immigrants come from. What happened to you? I am not sure if I should feel offended or not.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,369,528 times
They don't

Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 AM

521 posts, read 466,922 times
Maybe the OP is jealous because an illegal took their much coveted bus-boy or food preparation (cooking) position down at the local eat and greet.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Why are foreigners taking all American jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Should congress make a federal law, stating that no foreigner should be allowed to work or get an work visa until all American jobs are filled?
Perhaps it is because American corporations and their subsidiaries find that cheaper labor markets are better for profit margins. So you have a choice, if you want a manufacturing job, then do it for a dollar a day and become competitive with the likes of China and India.

You can complain about foreigners all you like but without companies focusing on hiring the cheapest possible labor, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Henry Ford understood that the people building his cars were going to be the same people driving them, thus paid them well and they in turn purchased the very products they made. Today's business philosophy is squeeze every possible ounce of juice from labor, pay them as little as possible, and increase profit margins, this isn't evil, this is just how a corporation is designed to function. If you support this manner of doing business then by all means, get behind your corporate master and say, yessa boss.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
Its not a case of foreigners taking american jobs - I am english and have a job in the US, just like some americans have jobs in the UK - its globalisation - so wise up work hard as it gets more competitive every year

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Advertising is not allowed on City-Data.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKMensa View Post
Its not a case of foreigners taking american jobs - I am english and have a job in the US, just like some americans have jobs in the UK - its globalisation - so wise up work hard as it gets more competitive every year
I am southamerican, came to this country 11 years ago, I have one masters, working on another, have a BSEE. Trust me , in my field there is plenty of opportunity, but you have to be willing to study A LOT. There are plenty of jobs for americans, actually I get job offers all the time, but they need US Citizens to take them. And as they can not find any the companies offered them to me. I make circa to 6 figures.Now, if you are an american, are you willing to study 4-5 years, get a couple of masters degrees and invest a lot in your education. If you do, please apply for these jobs.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: removed advertising link

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Wow, what does all this resentment towards me, and other immigrants come from. What happened to you? I am not sure if I should feel offended or not.
Where do immigrants get off they are better than Americans?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Where do immigrants get off they are better than Americans?
We do not. Trust me, I love the US. I personally would invite you specially to my house and show you how much I love this country.I love this country so much I volunteered to fight for it and tried to join the US Army. (I have a physical ailment and they did not take me). I am not even a US Citizen yet. If that is not love for this country, I don't know what is.Immigrants make incredible contributions to this country and have from the beginning of it. Hate just to hate is very ignorant. And I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Why are foreigners taking all American jobs?

Perhaps it is because American corporations and their subsidiaries find that cheaper labor markets are better for profit margins. So you have a choice, if you want a manufacturing job, then do it for a dollar a day and become competitive with the likes of China and India.

You can complain about foreigners all you like but without companies focusing on hiring the cheapest possible labor, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Henry Ford understood that the people building his cars were going to be the same people driving them, thus paid them well and they in turn purchased the very products they made. Today's business philosophy is squeeze every possible ounce of juice from labor, pay them as little as possible, and increase profit margins, this isn't evil, this is just how a corporation is designed to function. If you support this manner of doing business then by all means, get behind your corporate master and say, yessa boss.

Are you saying no Americans will take minimum wage jobs with very high unemployment?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
We do not. Trust me, I love the US. I personally would invite you specially to my house and show you how much I love this country.I love this country so much I volunteered to fight for it and tried to join the US Army. (I have a physical ailment and they did not take me). I am not even a US Citizen yet. If that is not love for this country, I don't know what is.Immigrants make incredible contributions to this country and have from the beginning of it. Hate just to hate is very ignorant. And I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Thats great. I wish more immigrants were just like you. Many Americans contribute to your countries as well.

Its sad that as some immigrants wrote here of how they are so much better.

Last edited by All American NYC; 03-24-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies