Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

no doubt it was a disaster, but it was pretty obvious they were going to lose as well. dems had huge majorities, logic states that the party in power in a struggling economy will be voted out, which they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:45 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This was a poll taken in California, do you have anything based on the real world?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
that poll was also conducted by a republican pollster so the numbers are probably worse then reported.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
For two reasons.

The MSM keeps beating the drum that the GOP and conservatives are against immigration.

Why is the left allowed to be so untruthful?

And, the GOP and conservatives are attempting to stop the financial bleeding of cities that are taken over by ILLEGAL immigrants.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
For two reasons.

The MSM keeps beating the drum that the GOP and conservatives are against immigration.

Why is the left allowed to be so untruthful?

And, the GOP and conservatives are attempting to stop the financial bleeding of cities that are taken over by ILLEGAL immigrants.
It is only the libs that are having trouble understanding both sides. Republicans, for the most part do want to see some form of compromise, they just don't want to support the illegals who are bleeding our government blind. I know several legal Hispanics in NM who would love to see every illegals sent back to their native country.

Nita

Old 03-24-2011, 12:09 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My hometown in Puerto Rico is plagued with illegal immigrants so anyone that has felt the effects of illegal immigration, Crime skyrocketed when more Dominicans came in and started leaving anchors and they couldn't get jobs as well, so drug crime increased, and drug cartels strengthened. We had crime problems before, always have..
Newsflash, people who dislike Hispanics don't differentiate between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, and they certainly don't differentiate between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. So when you read a post on here about Hispanics breeding like animals, they are talking about YOU whether you want to admit it or not.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Newsflash, people who dislike Hispanics don't differentiate between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, and they certainly don't differentiate between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. So when you read a post on here about Hispanics breeding like animals, they are talking about YOU whether you want to admit it or not.

Kind of like the pro-illegal immigration camp that never differentiates between immigrants and illegal immigrants

Pot meet kettle

Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM

577 posts, read 899,956 times
I don't think anyone knows what the political ending to the story will be once hispanics are the majority in the US. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, hispanics tend to be socially conservative and have strong family values. Once their financial standing improves, and it inevitably will once they are the majority in the US, they might start to question why so much of their paycheck is disappearing down the rabbit hole to uncle sam. And quite frankly even most illegal immigrants I have encountered are extremely conservative in terms of being religious, pro-life, pro-military (there are a lot of undocumented young people who would gladly joined the armed forces if they could)-- pretty much conservative on every issue except for immigration. Right now the thorn in the GOPs side is their rigid stance against illegal immigration, which is often played up as racism (I'm not pretending it is not racially based for many). But the sentiments are shared on the liberal side of the aisle as well.

Eventually those anchor babies will be voting, and they will have children of their own, and so on, and there will always be a conservative strain in these families at least socially speaking.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Kind of like the pro-illegal immigration camp that never differentiates between immigrants and illegal immigrants

Pot meet kettle
Yes, the pro illegal crowd doesn't different between immigrants, and the anti Hispanic crowd doesn't either. Too bad for the poster I was responding too.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Yes, the pro illegal crowd doesn't different between immigrants, and the anti Hispanic crowd doesn't either. Too bad for the poster I was responding too.
I took no offense, nor feel any. That's the difference between a free-thinking individual and a groupthink Hispanic that was conditioned to always think like a victim

Quote:
I'm not a victim, I don't think like one, so therefore, it doesn't apply to me. Last time I checked, my Spanish accent was phased out of my speech, and no one's come to me and told me to go back to wherever I came from, or anything like that. So, you're just blowing a lot of liberal hot air. I'm not like most Hispanics that get conditioned to think they are some sort of victim. And FYI, most of those people that lump all Hispanics into Mexicans, couldn't tell you where Iraq is on the map, and probably don't know where all the 50 states are, so why should I be worried?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies