Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,956,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Trolls and bridges. What a Grimm connection.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
I disagree with the premise of this thread. A person can be a far-right conservative without saying "Obama sucks" in every thread. But what if the far-right conservative truly believes that Obama really does suck? Should that person not be able to say out loud why he/she thinks Obama sucks?

I consider myself a conservative with a trend to the right of center within the conservative range. Am I a birther? Nope. Do I care about Michele Obama's big ass? Nope. Do I care about the President's middle name? Nope. Do I care that his leadership and principles are nowhere near what I, as a conservative, would like to see for this country? ABSOLUTELY. And I will continue to profess that as often as I deem necessary.

My advice to the OP would be to find another forum if "moderate" opinions are what you want. Surely there's a RINO/DINO community that would take you in with welcoming arms.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Kay's big government, big spending. I'll admit I'd have to review Alexander's record before commenting further on him.
Also those like Lugarn or hell even Judd Gregg.

Anyway point being those who have rather conservative voting records, but aren't far far right and don't spew hate at every second. A huge lack of that exists on here.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
It's strange to see a thread whining about whining. If hussein obama didn't suck there would be no threads on it. Even many liberals think hussein obama sucks. He is losing supporters daily. I guess conservatives should start a thread whining about all the Bush sucks, Palin sucks, gay thread gay thread gay thread, Fox News sucks, the Koch Bros sucks, Tea Party sucks, Limbaugh sucks, Conservatives sucks and let's not forget the endless race cards the left plays at every opportunity.

Weird how they never see themselves in the mirror.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's strange to see a thread whining about whining. If hussein obama didn't suck there would be no threads on it. Even many liberals think hussein obama sucks. He is losing supporters daily. I guess conservatives should start a thread whining about all the Bush sucks, Palin sucks, gay thread gay thread gay thread, Fox News sucks, the Koch Bros sucks, Tea Party sucks, Limbaugh sucks, Conservatives sucks and let's not forget the endless race cards the left plays at every opportunity.

Weird how they never see themselves in the mirror.
Projection is funny that way.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,332,922 times
I am a moderate.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I am a moderate.
Really? This is what passes for a self professed right wing moderate at CD

//www.city-data.com/forum/18377410-post6.html

Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,332,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Really? This is what passes for a self professed right wing moderate at CD

//www.city-data.com/forum/18377410-post6.html
What I said is true.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
What I said is true.
To a radical wingnut loon, perhaps - to a sensible intelligent person, not nearly so.

I think your admission proves the OP's point.

Ken

Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I disagree with the premise of this thread. A person can be a far-right conservative without saying "Obama sucks" in every thread. But what if the far-right conservative truly believes that Obama really does suck? Should that person not be able to say out loud why he/she thinks Obama sucks?

I consider myself a conservative with a trend to the right of center within the conservative range. Am I a birther? Nope. Do I care about Michele Obama's big ass? Nope. Do I care about the President's middle name? Nope. Do I care that his leadership and principles are nowhere near what I, as a conservative, would like to see for this country? ABSOLUTELY. And I will continue to profess that as often as I deem necessary.

My advice to the OP would be to find another forum if "moderate" opinions are what you want. Surely there's a RINO/DINO community that would take you in with welcoming arms.
I could care less how far right one swings on the political pendulum. I was referring to the increase in redundant and annoying threads which serve no purpose other than to stir fighting. I was simply asking if anyone had noticed the increase the amount of silly threads which were being started by a specific group of posters. Some agreed, and others didn't... not that a hard of a concept is it. Also, the next time I need your advice, I'll ask for it. I asked for opinions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.