Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is the OP searching for RINOs?
Yeah, must be on a safari! lol

Another one of these, is this a joke thread? I mean can't take it seriously. As if there is a glut of "moderate" liberals on here!

And the arguement regarding, "Daily Obama basing threads" is over-the-top considering CD forums history of Bush/Cheney bashing threads, and any and all things conservative bashing threads tea-party, Palin, Rush, Hannity, Beck etc etc etc.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Trolls and bridges. What a Grimm connection.
^^^
Post of the week!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I have wondered about this as well, and the lack of moderate liberals. It is difficult to have a reasoned debate before someone hits the "hate/racist/homophobe, etc" button, and corresponding agressiveness from the other side of the argument. City Data Forum is heavily weighted toward liberal views, but the conservative views expressed are sometimes harsh in tone (I am guilty of that, I know). It seems that too many that post here are intolerant of others opinions/beliefs and are quick to call someone delusional, moronic, hateful, etc.
Funny, I see pretty much the opposite.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
erm, excuse me?

libertarian/moderate conservative reporting in here.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,349 times
To me moderate just means being indecisive, spineless, unprincipled and/or uncaring. Some people take pride into being moderate saying they are "pragmatic" and "thoughtful", which really is just another way of saying 'I'm slow in figuring out what serves my own interests best'.

If you have solid principles you aren't moderate because you know what you stand for and what you want and you sure as hell aren't willing to compromise easily.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Default The Lack of "Moderate" Conservatives on CD

I've always considered myself a moderate conservative. I've voted for half a dozen Republican presidents. But now I've voted for one Democratic president, so on this forum I'm now a hardcore lefty.

The current right wing trend towards political lobotomy is going to do damage to the GOP. And that's not good for America. I think our system works best when both parties are reasonable.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
I could care less how far right one swings on the political pendulum. I was referring to the increase in redundant and annoying threads which serve no purpose other than to stir fighting. I was simply asking if anyone had noticed the increase the amount of silly threads which were being started by a specific group of posters. Some agreed, and others didn't... not that a hard of a concept is it. Also, the next time I need your advice, I'll ask for it. I asked for opinions....
If you didn't notice, there are an equal number of threads on BOTH sides that are rather silly.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:14 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
If you didn't notice, there are an equal number of threads on BOTH sides that are rather silly.

While it's true that there are silly threads from both sides, you've failed to notice that it's nowhere near an "equal number." But keep on convincing yourself of that if it helps you to cope.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, I see pretty much the opposite.

Take off your rose colored glasses and then take a second look.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Surely I cannot be the only one who is sick of the redundant and daily "Obama sucks" threads. A couple of months ago, there was a thread titled "Does CD have a conservative bias", to which I disagreed with. At the time, I thought that this forum had a pretty even mix and there were views from all sides of the discussion. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case as this forum has become over-run by Republican trolls who b***h and whine about just about everything that the man does. In their eyes, he can do no right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the quality of the threads have sunken to new lows. I believe the term I am looking for to describe this change is bastardization... Instead of arguing policy, the overwhelming majority of "these posters" find it worthwhile to try to prove to the rest of us that he was born in Kenya. They also seem to emphasize writing out his middle name as if it is supposed to carry some sort of negative association. My theory is that these people are either paid by right-wing websites to troll this forum, or that they are prime examples of what brainwashing can do to the human mind. They have nothing of substance to add to the discussions held in here, and are beyond annoying.

Now before you accuse me of just not wanting to listen to opinions from the other side, I will note that there are several conservative posters on here who I have learnt alot from by reading their posts. However, they are an anomaly, and they too are attacked by these trolls for speaking the truth. For a group that love to complain about whining, this group sure are having a hard time living by their own standards.

If there are any moderate conservatives out there, please let your voices of reasons be heard amongst the sea of ignorance we have to deal with everyday. Thanks in advance

Again, surely I am not the only one who has noticed this trend?
You should've seen this board in fall 2008... the pendulum was quite a way over in the other direction.

For some reason we as people ignore the 100 threads in line with the way we think and focus on the few that diverge from it. Perhaps this is the case here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies