U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you support calling for an end to executions based on sexual orientation?
Yes. People should not be executed based on sexual orientation no matter where they live. 39 66.10%
No. The decision should be left up to each individual country. 20 33.90%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM
 
14,917 posts, read 12,730,898 times
Reputation: 4828

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And it was just as ridiculous when the OP said it.. But I bet you'll now claim you didnt say this either.
I did say it. And it's true.

If you show me his contrary policy, I'll gladly eat crow about this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
 
69,366 posts, read 62,292,571 times
Reputation: 9382
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I did say it. And it's true.

If you show me his contrary policy, I'll gladly eat crow about this.
I dont need to prove Bush didnt support executing people.. YOU are making the claims that he did.. its YOU that needs to prove this is true..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
 
14,917 posts, read 12,730,898 times
Reputation: 4828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
i dont need to prove bush didnt support executing people.. You are making the claims that he did.. Its you that needs to prove this is true..
I never claimed that bush Supported executing people based on sexual orientation.

Why do you keep insisting that I did?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
 
69,366 posts, read 62,292,571 times
Reputation: 9382
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I never claimed that bush Supported executing people based on sexual orientation.

Why do you keep insisting that I did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"The Bush administration had a position of not wanting...to stop executions based upon sexual orientation"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I did say it. And it's true.

If you show me his contrary policy, I'll gladly eat crow about this.
Clearly you cant make up your mind.. Where is this pretend Bush policy?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
 
14,917 posts, read 12,730,898 times
Reputation: 4828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you cant make up your mind.. Where is this pretend Bush policy?
What?

What's inconsistent in my statements?

Bush was asked to take a position of pressuring those who execute homosexuals to stop executions based on sexual orientation. He said, "No, I will not sign on and support such a position."

Obama REVERSED the Bush position by saying "Yes, I will sign on and support such a position."

Bush's position was to not endorse a policy supportive of ending executions based on sexual orientation. Obama REVERSED this position and choose to endorse the policy in support of ending executions based on sexual orientation.

Bush never took a position of actually supporting the execution of homosexuals, and I've never claimed that he did.


This is pretty simple stuff. Why are you having such a difficult time understanding it???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 AM
 
69,366 posts, read 62,292,571 times
Reputation: 9382
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What?

What's inconsistent in my statements?

Bush was asked to take a position of pressuring those who execute homosexuals to stop executions based on sexual orientation. He said, "No, I will not sign on and support such a position."
Not wanting to take a position does not mean you support the actions taking place..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Obama REVERSED the Bush position by saying "Yes, I will sign on and support such a position."
No.. Obama is taking HIS position, he is not reversing Bushs position..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Bush's position was to not endorse a policy supportive of ending executions based on sexual orientation. Obama REVERSED this position and choose to endorse the policy in support of ending executions based on sexual orientation.
Obama is supporting making a statement while Bush did not.. That is not REVERSING a position.. I dont care how many times you claim it is, but its not. People are entitled to different opinions and they can legislate on different opinions, but that doesnt mean you are reversing anything..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Bush never took a position of actually supporting the execution of homosexuals, and I've never claimed that he did.
Yes you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"The Bush administration had a position of not wanting...to stop executions based upon sexual orientation"
Clearly you can list evidence that supports Bush wanting to kill people based upon sexual orientation. I've asked you for such evidence but you have provided none, but continue to post the same old repeated babble while claiming you arent saying what you are..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 AM
 
14,917 posts, read 12,730,898 times
Reputation: 4828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not wanting to take a position does not mean you support the actions taking place..
I know. I've said that at least 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No.. Obama is taking HIS position, he is not reversing Bushs position..
...and HIS position is the reverse of Bush's position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama is supporting making a statement while Bush did not.. That is not REVERSING a position.. I dont care how many times you claim it is, but its not. People are entitled to different opinions and they can legislate on different opinions, but that doesnt mean you are reversing anything..
Again, his position is the reverse of Bush's. That means his administarion reversed the position of our government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes you did.
No, I certainly did not. Please quote where I did, and tell me which post (which # of this thread) I said it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you can list evidence that supports Bush wanting to kill people based upon sexual orientation. I've asked you for such evidence but you have provided none, but continue to post the same old repeated babble while claiming you arent saying what you are..
What? I've said clearly, and multiple times, that Bush did not support and actual position or policy of executing people based on sexual orientation.


Do all right-wingers have such poor reading comprehension?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 PM.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top