Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I take care of the tools I buy, that make me money, way better than myself. Employees are a dime a dozen.
I'll hurt you, if you steal my tools. I may applaud you, if you steal my trained employee.

Once there was an employee to pay, the livestock got treated way better than the paid labor.
Don't you pretend to be a libertarian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The slaves were nothing more than cheap labor for the rich, just like the Hispanics are now, just a different race of people that's all.
Of course they had to be kept down, if they made money who would do the work for the lazy plantation owners.
The working class is nothing more than labor for welfare.

Of course they have to be kept down, if they made money who would do the work to pay for the welfare slugs?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Well, they didn't think up the idea of slavery. It was a worldwide problem then and that's all the knew.
I have news for you.....it's still rampant in Africa. As it was then. Blacks owned other blacks, that's who Europeans bought from.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:41 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah..well, promises, promises.

Get the hell outta here.

Selling off a man's family, taking his language, culture, name, and indoctrinating him with a bullcrap religion to keep him docile is "talking care of the tools?"

Go tell them. What are you telling us for?

LMAO...The NHL?

You mean the league in which before a game not too long ago, they dropped the puck, and the players started beating the hell out of each other right in front of the children in the stands?

That NHL?

What culture spawns Marty McSorley?

Ask Donald Brashear. Maybe he can tell you the answer.
Yep, beat the hell out of each other but never, EVER whine for more money in public. That is the difference between MEN and a waste of skin like Bryant. Get it?

Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I have news for you.....it's still rampant in Africa. As it was then. Blacks owned other blacks, that's who Europeans bought from.
Yes, look at how blacks treat woman in Africa, as black sex slaves.

Slavery in Africa has not only existed throughout the continent for many centuries, but continues in the current day. There is evidence of long histories of chattel slavery in the Nile river valley and Northern Africa, but evidence is incomplete about the extent and practices of chattel slavery throughout much of the rest of the continent prior to written records by Muslim or European traders.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
I have been reading Thomas Picketty and he was saying that by the early 19th century the value of slaves represented almost 40% of all US capital worth in the entire country. That's more then the entire value of all farmland and most of the housing stock at the time even though slavery was confined only to the southern states. In the north capital got invested in manufacturing and commerce while in the south virtually all available capital got invested into buying slaves.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yep, beat the hell out of each other but never, EVER whine for more money in public. That is the difference between MEN and a waste of skin like Bryant. Get it?
You don't know what you're talking about. You know squat about sports.

The NHL has had 1 strike and 3 lockouts in the last 12 years...over MONEY!

And yeah, real MEN go behind a guy and slashes him in the head with a hockey stick.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:56 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I have been reading Thomas Picketty and he was saying that by the early 19th century the value of slaves represented almost 40% of all US capital worth in the entire country. That's more then the entire value of all farmland and most of the housing stock at the time even though slavery was confined only to the southern states. In the north capital got invested in manufacturing and commerce while in the south virtually all available capital got invested into buying slaves.
One big reason why the planters and wealthy living in the South were prepared to secede from the USA. They looked at slavery as their way of life, their way of making money. One part of it had to do with looking down on Blacks. That was for sure. Another big part was the economics.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. You know squat about sports.

The NHL has had 1 strike and 3 lockouts in the last 12 years...over MONEY!

And yeah, real MEN go behind a guy and slashes him in the head with a hockey stick.
Same problems in baseball. There is a reason there was no World Series in 1994 and why the 1995 MLB season started at the end of April instead of the beginning of April.

And consider the brawls that have happened in baseball.

Last edited by green_mariner; 05-31-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Same problems in baseball. There is a reason there was no World Series in 1994 and why the 1995 MLB season started at the end of April instead of the beginning of April.

And consider the brawls that have happened in baseball.
Meh...we both know that ONLY African American athletes are bad and greedy. That is, according to our fellow CD posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies