Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,141,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Prisoners!
Who are already, by definition, criminals.

How many ORDINARY potheads have you ever known?

None, I expect, given your very mythological opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 AM

15,107 posts, read 8,659,571 times
Quote:
Too bad it doesn't stop all the brain tumors that has pot users landing in jail for violent crimes.
Almost all violent people in prison use pot, then often mix them with other stuff earning pot the nick name "The Gateway Drug".
This is a joke, right? You HAVE TO BE pulling someone's leg here.

It's pretty well established that marijuana induces a rather docile effect on users. Violent response? Good lord ... and cookies and ice cream are weapons of mass destruction

Though users have been known to violently attack the refrigerator, leaving it rather empty.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,418,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Somewhere in the last year, I read that pot produces more nicotine than tobacco. Also, as a former truck driver, I once picked up a load of nicotine in Florida and hauled it to a drug company in Gurnie, IL. What's a drug company going to use 30,000 pounds of nicotine for? I found out that they blend chemotherapy for cancer patients. Nicotine is one of the poisons that is more effective on fast growing cells than normal cells. So, if cannabis produces more nicotine than tobacco, it will retard cancer. So do cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco. But, if it was effective in preventing cancer, you would not have the current campaign against cigarettes.

My second wife was diagnosed with cancer in '01. The surgery, which didn't get it all, was followed with radiation and chemotherapy. Would you like the list of other poisons that are included in the chemo?
There is no nicotine in marijuana.

I don't know where you read that, but its stupid. I smoked cigarettes for years, had a two pack a day habit. I went through the withdrawl symptoms when I quit cold turkey 8 years ago now.

I use marijuana almost daily, and I have never once had withdrawl symptoms like I had from cigarettes and nicotine. I may have a restless night or two in bed, but beyond that I'm fine. My RLS and headaches come back about a month after I stop partaking.

I'm currently on a "T" break as its called, two weeks with no marijuana, and I have had 0 withdrawl symptoms.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,745,540 times
Quote:
Our family has members who work with prisons as volunteer ministers and helped form a Catholic Charity for people leaving prison with drug dependency.

All were addicted to pot, mixed it with everything under the sun and many did go away for violent crimes.

To me what you posted is both sad and foolish.

ask them whats the first drug they ever used and then you will know the truth,, alcohol.!!!!is the biggest gateway drug of them all..you can legally buy 180 proof posion at your local liqure store.

and did you know more people are addicted to prescription drugs than all other illegal drugs combined, yep big pharma is the bigget pusher of them all..

you wouldn't happen to work for the big pharma pusher, would you?? sounds like you got an axe to grind.!!! go back to your gestapo land from which you came..

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,184,451 times
Quote:
Too bad it doesn't stop all the brain tumors that has pot users landing in jail for violent crimes.
Almost all violent people in prison use pot, then often mix them with other stuff earning pot the nick name "The Gateway Drug".
This is so funny it comes across as sarcasm, however I'm afraid it's not the case

Oh boy, I just read a few other posts after the first page....WOW, ignorance is bliss.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Illegal status is the gateway. People who sell relatively innocuous illegal things (like cannabis) will get you to try other illegal things (like heroin, coke, etc.).

None of the people I have ever bought from have sold anything but pot.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
Drug addicted losers IMO.

You are so out of touch with reality. Most people who use drugs are not addicted. You would be surprised at how many of your friends and neighbors use pot. Your lawyer, your accountant, your doctor, your pastor...

Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM

208 posts, read 416,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
WOW, ignorance is bliss.
Too bad it doesn't get you stoned. CityData would be so much more pleasant.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcccb View Post
too bad it doesn't stop all the brain tumors that has pot users landing in jail for violent crimes.
Almost all violent people in prison use pot, then often mix them with other stuff earning pot the nick name "the gateway drug".
lmao......:d

Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times
Quote:
Pot is associated with crime and a gateway drug precisely because it is illegal and you have to go to a black market to get it. In the 1920s alcohol had all the same issues with violent crime. Also people who went to get alcohol were exposed to illegal gambling, and prostitution, but now that its legal you wouldn't say alcohol consumption in and of itself leads to illegal gambling and prostitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies